My Posts

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

What should Redtick Do?

No longer subscribe to Bev's magazine?
No votes
No votes
No votes
No longer advertise in her magazine?
No votes
No votes
No votes
No longer promote her magazine?
No votes
No votes
No votes
No longer post on her board.
17%
17%
17%
All of the above.
17%
All of the above.
17%
All of the above.
17%

Total votes: 18

Redtick

My Posts

Post by Redtick »

I have answered alot of folks questions about beagles and dogs and I believe I have helped several readers of this board.
I use my camcorder to tape my dogs. I use my tapes to prove the abilities of my dogs. My camcorder has a short battery life, why tape something that has no value to me?
I have attended lots of hunts under lots of formats, there is only 1 format that requires a 5 hour wait to hunt.
Bev seems to have diiferent standards as to what can be put on the board. When I crititize a registry, a public enity who naturally is subject to public crititism, that is grounds to "kick someone to the curb" but when someone asks a honest question about linebreeding, someone is allowed to print some real trash using my user name, that seems to be perfectly acceptable. (Just because they didn't sign it doesn't mean that Bev, or more likely, Chris, can prove who posted the trash and ban them).
Apparently, Bev does not value her loyal customers. I am an original subscriber of her magazine and have resubscribed, I have tried to promote it to my friends, and I have advertised in it. No more.
Bev, I could tell you where to stick your magazine and board but that would be beneath me.
How do I get my money back for a magazine I no longer want?
Dave Haugh
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Redtick, I deleted the derrogatory post against you the second I saw it. I won't let you be abused either. A while back, you sent me an e-mail asking that someone else be banned for slandering you. Now the shoe is on the other foot. I'm not a judge and jury and I don't know what's slander and what's not in your case. I'm just a beagler that also publishes a beagle magazine. It sounds like you are buckling under the bed you made here and know the majority of folks can't tolerate your constant criticism. If you know that and seek the fellowship of other beaglers, why don't you lay off them and try to be a friend instead of an adversary? I provide this message board as a neutral place for beaglers to meet. My magazine is a neutral place for beaglers to subscribe.

ARHA has their board and magazine, AKC has basically two boards and two magazines. UKC has its own board. PKC has it's own board. This board is the only one besides Chris's where most folks can feel comfortable about discussing their hounds, registry, beagling/hunting events without feeling like a fish out of water. I want them to continue to feel comfortable coming here. If someone from ARHA or PKC comes to discuss their activites, they don't need to be hassled and downgraded by you. That's not the purpose of this board. I will not sacrifice the needs of many for the wants of one person. I could tell you where to stick your hounds and your camera, and have Frances Gail jump in there after them, but I won't. Now, does it feel I didn't really tell you that - just that I could have told you that?

As far as the magazine goes, if you cannot judge the magazine on its own merit and keep that separate from any personal interactions with me, then you do what you have to do. There will be no refund, but I will be happy to change the mailing address so the magazine gets delivered to a shut-in (your choice), a child or school library, someone in a correctional facility or someone who otherwise can't participate, but might enjoy reading about beagles and hunting. If you don't want it anymore and you won't provide me with an alternate address, I will pick one myself. You WILL do ONE thing nice for someone else, even if it's by proxy and against your will. (Jeez, I feel like I'm talking to a four-year-old).

Jack

hurt feelings

Post by Jack »

Come on Redtick, you know Bev is right. Watch her closely and all are treated the same. You going to gather your marrbles and go home. I have read some of your post that were fine reading and showed you knew some things. You feel like tou got beat up, remenber this " its a poor hide that won't take a tanning"

Beagle Bum

Post by Beagle Bum »

Bev,
YOU GO GIRL!! :dance:
I will continue subscribing to your magazine because it's well worth every penny I spend on it (I too have subscribed since you started publishing TAB). Redtick isn't going to find a better magazine or a better board than your's and Chris' but he is welcome to try.
Guess it's just that some people can lie in the bed they make!!
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!

STEPHANIE

Post by STEPHANIE »

REDTICK, I AM A YOUNG BEAGLER AND I MET BEV AND HE HUSBAND RALPH WHEN WE FIRST STARTED THIS AND I PERSONALLY THINK YOU ARE OVER REACTING AND YOU SHOULD LIGHTEN UP A LTTLE BIT. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIND A BOARD AND THE AMERICAN BEAGLER GO FOR IT BUT I BET YOU WILL COME BACK. I AM STAYING AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL TOO :lol:

STEPHANIE