PUTTING WEIGHT ON A DOG

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

square E beagles

PUTTING WEIGHT ON A DOG

Post by square E beagles »

I have a 4 year old dog that i can not get to gain a pound i feed diamond 26/18 up on shots and wormer feed him gravy table scraps. out of things to try anybody got any sugestions?

bwe007

Re: PUTTING WEIGHT ON A DOG

Post by bwe007 »

RAW CHICKEN WINGS AND LARD IT WORKS
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

Gunslinger Beagles

Post by Gunslinger Beagles »

Had the same problem and i went with bread one day with feed and raw egg with feed the next. Switch every other day. :check: :chef:

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

The surest way I have found to put weight on a dog is to feed him pasta.Any kind will do it.Spaghetti,elbows,noodles,etc.Carbohydrates is the key and it is what marathoners will eat days before a race.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

I had this problem with BJ's Fudd a few years ago. It went on for about 6 months & I thought he was going to die. He was about 4 years old at the time. I finally ordered a supplement called DIN-O-VITE. After about a month of using this, he shaped right up & started putting on weight. Fudd is almost 10 years old now. I think they have a website; www.din-o-vite.com or something similar to that.
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator
FC GD Wells Woods Valentine
FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo

Bellmorekennels

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Pasta, I buy case of penne, and mix 1 lb box for 6 dogs when running alot, mixed with food, the carbs will put the weight on , you will see diffrence within 5 days

mtnwaykennel

Post by mtnwaykennel »

Watch the bread and the pasta .. a dog is not so different from us humans... they can have sugar problems just like we can. When I have this problem I simply switch dog foods.. seems I have to switch back to CMF after I try something new.. the dogfood matters.

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Diamond makes a Sport Mix! It really puts weight on any dog I have fed! I'll usually add a few table scraps too, Just alittle! The left over Mac & Cheese, Its never as good Warmed over anyway!
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

Try some Diamond Extreme Athlete along with milk replacer, sure to fatten your dog up in short order!
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

JCM

Post by JCM »

Go to your local butcher shop and get some scraps that includes some fat. Dogs love it and will put on weight in no time. You can also add oil to your dog food.

If these two methods don't put weight on, I would look for other health problems, especially parasites.

J&J Run Em Down

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

1 cup quick oats and his dog food and whate to cover it ever day intill he wher you wont him it works for me.

square E beagles

Post by square E beagles »

Thanks for the help im going to try a few different methods. thanks again see you at the world hunt.................