JASPER OR REGGIE????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

D Slone

JASPER OR REGGIE????

Post by D Slone »

Just wondering what dog puts out better pups, because i recently bought a jasper and dee dee pup and wanted to know wat you think?
Home of:
Lprch Slone"s Stylish Tuff Man
Lpbch Dixie Drivin Blue Goose

FORDWRENCH

Re: JASPER OR REGGIE????

Post by FORDWRENCH »

i would vote jasper! when you compare these two just make sure to consider how many breedings and or pups on the ground versus champions or greatness. go with the high % stud.
Throw me to the wolves and i will return leading the pack!

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Go with what you have seen! I have owned 4 or 5 now out of Reggie and they have all been solid dogs. Best two females I have ever owned came out of Reggie. One is dead (hit by a car), and the other one I sold when I went through a divorce and have been looking for her ever since.

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

D Slone

Post by D Slone »

Thanks guys for the info.!
Home of:

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

sanfordssj wrote:Go with what you have seen! I have owned 4 or 5 now out of Reggie and they have all been solid dogs. Best two females I have ever owned came out of Reggie. One is dead (hit by a car), and the other one I sold when I went through a divorce and have been looking for her ever since.

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie

Both dogs are good males....pay attention to the FEMALE. Thats how you are going to get a good one.
My best female ever was a double turbo out of Reggie and Perry's Pepper. The female that i lost was Reggie x Hurry Up Percy. I have seen several of Jaspers pups that I didnt like at all, but they where not out of quality females in my book, and when that happens the male gets the "blame". On the flip side to Japser I have a few friends who love his pups.

second part to all of this is female, female, female
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I have hunted with a redtick off of Jasper and she may be out of Dee Dee, but not sure. I know she has some of the same blood as Dee Dee. She was super nice. Hard hunt, good speed and a nice mouth. I would have owned her!!!

WVBrushBuster

Post by WVBrushBuster »

Have ran with quite a few dogs out of both. Owned one out of Jasper. I agree 110% with what sanfordssj said above. From the ones I have ran with ( and again these dogs could have had traits passed on by the female) the majority of the Reggie dogs had upper medium speed, excellent hunt, but had some extra mouth on them. The Jasper dogs had fast speed, excellent hunt, but were tight with their mouth. I dont think you could go wrong with either male.
Josh Preece
West Virginia

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Don't forget Mike & John Maynards LPGRCH Code Blue !!!
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

You are right about the female Sanfordssj. I see it in racehorses all the time. People breed a garbage mare to a million dollar stud and get garbage. Then they wonder why.
April D
Grantville, PA

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

I have seen some good dogs out of Reggie. I own one. I haven't seen anything out of Jasper.
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/

D Slone

Post by D Slone »

JASPER-much taller better built produces good lookin hounds pups have reall nice hunt!!

REGGIE-good height on his pups good hunt but NOT as fast or as good lookin hound!!
Home of:

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

Both throw nice pups can't really go wrong with either what I have seen is a bit more track control on the Reggie pups and more speed on the jasper stuff. Both can reproduce excellent hounds it just depends on the female you crossing and what traits your looking for.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i would have to say their both good hounds to breed too like whats already been said you GOT TO HAVE A GOOD FEMALE or its hard to tell what ya might get
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

271rockridge

Post by 271rockridge »

For those that say Reggie dogs aint fast come watch Bad Moon Rising go this dude can fly.2 more that come to mind is WFO Switch A Gear and Chimney Rocks KY Lucky.I watched Switch and Lucky jerk a winners pack around at Wilmore last weekend.
ROCKRIDGE KENNEL---LOAD TO WIN---RUN TO CATCH

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

i have a reggie bitch turbo bred on the bottom side she came from a nice bitch named daisy shes dead now but speed reggie can throw its all about the bitch i think! and yea bad moon rising can flat fly as fast as they come with line control i might add i will also say ive seen alot of dogs that werent any good come outta reggie too but thats a case of whr i did not know the bitch or i knew she wasnt worth a hoot! u cant go wrong with what your lookin at just make sure its a good bitch! watch a video joey put up when he ran with jump n run 13 in bitch leading the pack all day long and she does it time and time again! be at the world hunt all week long if anyone wants to run dogs i will rep reggie! 618 335 4554 Derek
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)