JASPER OR REGGIE????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bigdogpace

Re: JASPER OR REGGIE????

Post by bigdogpace »

ive said it once ill say it again its all about the female ive had them bothget fast track runnin good dogs if u breed the right female
BIGDOGPACE

big rufus

Post by big rufus »

JIM KLEIN HERE IN MICHIGAN, BRED KLEINS NO MERCY MANDY TO REGGIE AND TO JASPER. BOTH CROSS'S TURNED OUT TO BE POWER HOUSES. THEY DON'T LACK ANY THING.

J Peeples

Post by J Peeples »

I have 4 pups out of Reggie that are 8 1/2 months old and they can fly. They have brains, line control and hunt hunt hunt! I have not owned anything straight out of Jasper but if I was breeding or buying it would Reggie! These pups can fly and hold a rabbit good for there age. If it aint broke don't fix it! Reggie is the man for me.

gunner

Post by gunner »

WFO Kennels has a switch dog out of Reggie that can get it done. I have ran with more Jasper stuff and raised a litter out of him. I kept a male that has extreme hunt and great foot.
"HONEST HOUND OWNERS MAKE HONEST HOUNDS"
Ben Riggs 270-766-9417

Joe Crace

Post by Joe Crace »

JASPER enough said.
SMITH HILL KENNEL
RIP Smith Hill's Super Flo
LP R CH B CH Big Hollow Sneeky Pete
Smith Hill's Bubba J
Smith Hill's Dope Head
Smith Hill's Roxie
740-835-1808

weaver240000

Post by weaver240000 »

Everybody agree s that the female has alot to do with it. I always was under the impression that Reggie dogs are small and lack foot. Then I saw a 15 inch male and 15 inch female. They both can fly on a rabbit track. Dennis Kennady got the female and she could win the world hunt. But all the other Reggie dogs have been small and lack foot that I have saw. Now the Jasper dogs that I have saw all had great foot and made great little pack dogs. Art Metts has Zig Zag Zoom and when the dog is on he is a bad dude. If you have the right female you can cross her to an average male and still get awsome dogs. Frank Miller bred Peppermint Patty to an average Fox Creek male and the dogs all run like thier mother. I got 3 of them and love them all. My male just one the PA state hunt and took 3rd at OH state hunt and all three give me a chance to win a big hunt. just my opinion.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

Here is a pic of 5 of them small Reggie males. :D

15" Males - 38 Entries
1st. Chimney Rock KY Lucky (IFC Greenwell's Reggie x Wellswoods Blue Sue), Travis Taylor, Owner/Handler/Breeder.
2nd. KW's Switch A Gear (IFC Greenwell's Reggie x Jessie's-Blue-Dolly), Kevin Wethington, Owner/Handler. Jessie Scrogham, Breeder.
3rd. Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising (IFC Greenwell's Reggie x Tucker's Oreo Cookie), Eddie Taylor, Jr. Owner/Handler/Breeder.
4th. Unroes Smoken Zach (IFC Greenwell's Reggie x Scream A Line Z Much Brandi), Billy Unroe, Owner. Brian Unroe, Handler. Sam Auxier, Breeder.
NBQ. Noe Him By Ohio Reggie (IFC Greenwell's Reggie x Talkabout Blue Iris), Roy Noe, Owner/Handler. Don Hoog, Breeder
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

D Slone

Post by D Slone »

Thanks guys for all of your help :D
Home of:
Lprch Slone"s Stylish Tuff Man
Lpbch Dixie Drivin Blue Goose

weaver240000

Post by weaver240000 »

Those are some nice looking dogs.

hubertsoutlaw

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

I have watched both hounds run. They would have been hard to predict a winner just by never bracing them. I would say Reggie speed wise was a little faster, all other positive qualities I give Jasper. Jasper was smoother on the track, show a really level head, and was impressively clean running. Reggie has the FLASH. Reggie was fast, a great check hound, and when he was right, was outstanding! So, it really boils down to, do you want ace on the hole in your pedigree, or 2 crosses of ninga. Jasper seems to through really great females, males seem to be a little competitive, Reggie has bred so much, He has thrown every kinda a dog there is. Which it is not Reggie fault. It is hard to blame a sire for breeding females you no nothing about, most of which had not title.
Huberts Kennel
Former owner of FC Huberts Tori
Hubert Rockem Hard Lucy Lou, FC Huberts Riddle Run Mach One Mili, FC Huberts blazing Blue Angel, Hubert's Rockem Hard Viper

D Slone

Post by D Slone »

Thanks guys for all your help :D
Home of:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

My buddy bred to Reggie in Aug of 08'. At the time he was told his was #81 bitch bred to Reggie for that year,...by the average, he's bred over 100-120 bitches that year alone.
My friend has some young hounds out of a FreeJack or Blackjack hound now and that's all he's keeping, Three out of the 5 his Branko bitch had from this mating are well rounded and show what he likes.
Throwing these numbers around shows the influence Field trials have on a breed, reminds me of what happened to the Pointer breed of bird dog when the trials took hold. Not saying it's good or bad, just the influence and result of certain individuals becoming concentrated throughout a breed and how it flows outward into the general population of hunting dogs.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Pat Dorio has a male with some Jasper up close that is one of the nicest rabbit hounds I have gunned over. The dog goes by the name of Rome. He puts a lot of heat on the rabbit and does it right. One of the best male jump dogs I have hunted over. Really nice hound.
As far as which one is best, that is a matter of opinion. By their respective achievements and breeding, they both are nice hounds.

FORDWRENCH

Post by FORDWRENCH »

thanks for the kind words on rome ed. as i said earlier i am more than pleased with jasper blood here. rome, back when he was a 4yr old was one tough sob. i had alot of fun with him in the trials and got in the winners circle a good bit. it is with big regret that ive let him set for almost 2yrs and get out of shape. he has lost a step since then and i have slowly been working on getting his stamina back . one thing about him and the jasper hound bred to a quality female is they will be competative , will have great hunt and good line control with good foot. he has one thing that i havent heard much talk about is brains and the desire to please me. that dog will just about kill himself to compete with other dogs to run a rabbit. it has been tough to see him coming off of his prime but i promise you he has huge heart. BREED TO JASPER! van stephens owns him and i will tell anyone he is good people! a real pleasure to talk to or deal with.
Throw me to the wolves and i will return leading the pack!

D Slone

Post by D Slone »

I just showed my 3 mont old jasper pup a rabbit and he ran it all over a bottom and went crazy when it ws in a cage , sounds like jaspers the real deal!! :bigsmile:
Home of: