Question for Guys feeding Sportmix 26/18

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joe Parrino

Question for Guys feeding Sportmix 26/18

Post by Joe Parrino »

I notice over the last couple times the 26/18 feed looked Different In size & color. Its very inconsistant, I've Fed it for Many years & like it,it always looked the same until this year. I sent in 2 Samples from the 1st time we notice the change, The company Rep said it tested Ok. Question anyone else seeing a differents.
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amen ... tm#amend02

Lone Pine Beagles

Re: Question for Guys feeding Sportmix 26/18

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

My 26/18 looks the same. I've fed it all 2010-now.

The 24/20 is larger kibble.

LPB

NorWester1

Post by NorWester1 »

How much is the 24/20 and where do you pick it up?

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The last 6 months I been feeding Pride orange bag and pride black bag and they do good on it. The Dark green bag that used to be so good is crap now, imho.
I didn't like when the changed all the kibble to small size, it was ok for puppies but the hounds seem to choke on it being small, but there does seem to be less air and finer grinding in the kibble now, it don't float if you add water.
One time I got some and I know they forgot to spray the fat on, it was so pale and dry looking, no oil feel to the touch when you handled it.
I raised some good puppies on the 27/18 sportmix blue bag few years ago but the adults were hyper on it, restless and noisy in the kennel, changed the feed and they settled down, was like they'd had to much coffee... :lol:
I don't think your going to get any Company to admit to anything, they may go back an review processing but they ain't gonna fess up they did it wrong. I guess as long as they fix the problem is the best we can hope for... :crossfingers:

WILL LEFEVERS

Post by WILL LEFEVERS »

I noticed the change also but mine seem to like it. I add some vegetable oil to mine when I feed.