Most proven stud dog on the ground as of today

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

lee broadley

Re: Most proven stud dog on the ground as of today

Post by lee broadley »

if you had to pay $200 to vote who would win? i think that has been anwsered by both sides of the reggie argument 150 votes to what 30, 50 i dont know but i think this is a land slide, but the argument is fun.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Pine Lakes nice post on Eyer's Geno a real rabbit dog .Hard on the check I agree with several points you have made .Geno 7 FC,S and 1 UKC GRAND HUNTING BEAGLE CHAMPION . :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

well each one of the owners of the stud dogs should just give me a pup they think is going to represent there dog the best then when there two i will tell ya what i think!!!it sounds good to me :D
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

hurryup wrote:Yea I understand, you are right. Mine came from females that posses the traits I stated..Oh well, There will never be a stud dog that will produce dogs that everyone likes. I agree the females contribute a lot in a pups style and make up.
I feel bad for guys whos dogs are on here being compared..It cant be easy to listen to your dog being discussed week in and week out, while you basically sit and listen.
On the contrary, I think they should all be proud to be part of the conversation. I feel sorry for the ones not being discussed and the ones bred to a female who doesn't produce and therefor wrongly accused of being a poor stud. I respect certain peoples opinion, but noone can predict with certainty what the outcome of a litter will be. I've personally seen a cross made with multiple FC's in the litter. When the cross was made again they were all culled. This is by one of the most influential and best producing studs in the Mid-West Association's history and his owner.

It has been enjoyable and entertaining (to say the least) discussing this. I hope noone has been offended by anything I've personally posted as there was no ill intent. I think all of the studs mentioned have already proven themselves and don't need any justification.

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

Last edited by hard on a check on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KesslerBeagles

Post by KesslerBeagles »

By percentages alone, who has produced the best? Its not really fair to compare a dog that has been bred 80 times to a dog that has been bred 20 times and try to say one has produced more champions or better dogs. What about the number or % of culls they produced? And like the other person said, the number of worthless females bred.

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Ntt
if they dont hunt they dont stay

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Reggie power
if they dont hunt they dont stay

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

One stud that doesn't get recognized much with the limited breeding is FC Green bay Huntemup Max. Max produces FC GB Eli, Legend, April, and several young dogs that will be in the circuit soon. Max was not in his top shape the past couple years because we didn't have a running pen. He only gets to run 2-3 hours per week which I thought he did very well for that amount of training. Right after we have a running pen and Max gets to run more, he was amazing. If I would have run Max in the Midwest circuit, he could have done better. Max shines when the game is small. The smaller the rabbit, the better he gets. The last time I ran him which is right before he finished. I watched Max run cottontail and say to myself that this is it. The dog I been searching for is Max. I don't think in my lifetime I will own a better dog running cottontail better than Max. Max could solo baby cottontail at full speed with minimum breakdown. It takes a lot of nose power and brain to run small scent at that speed and to pass that trait down to his pups is even better. One other proven stud is FC GB Deano. I have Deano's first litter and they are some of the nicest pups I seen. I think Eli will be a producer the same way as his sire. Green Bay will continue to have great dogs and never afraid to sell his best!

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

8 Pages later, anyone got the answer?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

yep lahti's brush hog is going into reproducers hall of fame with extremely limited breedings. this dog has never been offered at public stud. and has 132 points to go in. with most of his offspring to young to even hit the circuit. if they name of the game is not numbers but percentages he would be atop of the list for sure.
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

As long as they throw super hard hunt (I like a dog that shows me he's putting out the effort), great jumping ability (if you can't jump em you can't run em) , good looks (if I have to look at it ,I have to like it's looks) , line control (when I'm all alone and the scenting is poor it's just more fun for a dog not to swing or skirt for me) and some brains (mind me and go home when I'm ready...Don't want it to be too smart or I'd be out matched lol) I'd be happy (doubt I've ever be satisfied completely)...Title or no title ... I can live without the politics too ,look at the direction politics are taking us outside of hounds... :shock: nuff said maybe too much lol
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Let me tell ya something..... Feller asked most proven stud alive today and best producing of champs and grands. Also you run LP format. Guys have listed off many awesome hounds each with outstanding accomplishments, but there is a key word here ( ADVERTISEMENT). First hound pops in my head is REGGIE. That's kinda like asking what's the most popular shotgun. First thing to a lot of people is Benelli. Which mine is Remington. What I'm trying to get across is its important to pick and use what hound best strikes your interests. Granted littermate will not perform identically the same, but why has thunder not been bred much as Reggie. (ADVERTISEMENT).
Other post on here guys been going back and forth Reggie, jasper, shooter, junee.
Remember a lot these hounds carry same blood, NINJA, TURBO.
Lebro said it good, if you had to pay $200 to answer which hound who would it be.
All this stud talk, it's very important look at bitch side as well.

BTW.... I own 4 Reggie hounds! ( go you breeding machine) LOL
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I've noticed a lot of FC's coming out of different bitches being sired by FC Glacier Ridge Renegade
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Butch

Post by Butch »

You guys forgot FC Shooters Page 2 that Shooter produced.