PETA wants You!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DoubleEagle

PETA wants You!!!

Post by DoubleEagle »

And not just you... they want to take away your rights, traditions and heritage. Tell me something I don't know right?
How about this. In May of last year, PETA and the HSUS tried to change the law in Indiana covering running pens and enclosures. But through the hard work of the Indiana Beaglers Alliance, and many of you here, the proposed changes were pulled from the agenda.

Well guess what... in November they came back and they came loaded for bear. The day before the Natural Resources Commission hearings, HSUS had convinced the TV stations that enclosures were live bait killing fields and some of the stations ran with it.
Also HSUS somehow convinced management to allow HSUS to put up a table with their twisted videos right at the entrance to the NRC hearing room. Because of the TV coverage there were about 20 or so "concerned citizens" that saw the TV coverage and were there to oppose enclosures.
As the rules package was being preliminarily adopted... one of the NRC members, (We assume either is ignorant of whats going on, or is in the pocket of HSUS), suggested a moratorium on any new enclosures be added to the rule package and like sheep to the slaughter the rest of the NRC members went along with it.
Now not only does the proposed rule change make 300 acres the minimum enclosure size, the wording at that time read as "fox, coyote, and other animals". An intentionally broad statement that could have affected all of us here. Given the original wording HSUS's intention is pretty clear, luckily the NRC removed that blanket coverage... for now.

Yet here it is almost May again and you guessed it... they're baaaaccckkk!!! So what makes this time any more important than the rest? This time all public comment will be closed on May 18th. We have one more shot people and we better make it count.

So what can you do about it? There are just two more public hearings scheduled on the proposed changes and this time... they done screwed up and are holding themin our back yard. This law is being pushed in Indiana but the NRC has to hear public testimony, regardless of where you live.

The first public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10 at McCormick's Creek State Park, Canyon Inn, Sycamore Room, Spencer Indiana, 6 p.m. (EDT) ** According to Mapquest that is just 2 short hours from the border of both Kentucky and Ohio.

The second (and final) public hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, May 11 at Webster Recreation Center, Plymouth Park & Recreation Department, 110 Webster Ave., Plymouth Indiana, 6 p.m. (EDT) **According to Mapquest that is once again just 2 short hours from Ohio and less than an hour from the Michigan border

Let's face it, it's a weekday sure but many of us drive alot farther for worse reasons than this. It's the future of our sport in Indiana we are talking about here.

However even if you can't make it, a stamp only costs 44 cents.

Natural Resources Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Or you can sit right here at your computer and make yourself heard.

Written comments regarding these proposed changes can be submitted to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the "coyote/fox dog training grounds rule amendments."

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Re: PETA wants You!!!

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

ROWCO CHIPPED IN FROM NC. BOBBY

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Thanks Bobby! I dont run fox or coyote myself but I think it's important that every sportsman takes a stand on this. We all know that PETA and the HSUS wont stop here... especially if they get their way.
Because this sets a precedent, PETA and the HSUS would have a reason and an excuse to target other houndsmen next. If we dont stop them right here, right now they will target other training methods next.

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

:check:
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Left a comment from Mich, I hope it helps ..... :check:

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

RunninHard wrote:Left a comment from Mich, I hope it helps ..... :check:
Me too RH, me too...

From a strictly financial point of view I cannot imagine a future in Indiana without field trials (of any sort). Think of how much money a person spends on average to attend a field trial... gas, food, etc. It may not be a huge source of income for the state but it is a yearly source. And it's one that cannot be measured in simple terms.
Those who attend may come back later... to see old friends, look at a new dog, maybe take a weekend hunting, fishing, or camping trip with the family... there is a value in that which cannot be measured.

jlcopeland

Post by jlcopeland »

PETA i have just one thing to say and im going to put this as nice as i can you want my running pen shut down bring your ass down here and shut me down dont hide behind politicians walk it like you talk it you might want to bring the marines with you when you come :blackeye:

Sincerely,
JLCopeland
Middle Tennessee
JLC
LPRCH Copelands Hank Williams
LPRCH Bawlin Bentley
LPRCH Copelands Scarlett Letter
LPRCH Copelands Rocket Toomie
LPRCH Copelands General Lee
LPRCH Copelands Blue Bawls
Copelands Hank Williams Jr.

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

jlcopeland wrote:PETA i have just one thing to say and im going to put this as nice as i can you want my running pen shut down bring your ass down here and shut me down dont hide behind politicians walk it like you talk it you might want to bring the marines with you when you come :blackeye:

Sincerely,
JLCopeland
Middle Tennessee
Thank God for Tennessee.

hammerenpatch

Post by hammerenpatch »

Not to Hijacki this at all Just had something to share
everytime I would hear or see PETA it would tick me off
my 17 year old son came home from School a while back and this girl is wearing a PETA shirt
to school she likes to hunt fish anything outdoors she even traps
So he goes up to her to tell her about her PETA shirt and he said the shirt actually said
P = People
E= Eating
T = Tasty
A = Animals
cracked me up never heard or saw that before so now every time I see PETA this is what I think of
I keep telling him thats the kind of girl you need one that will hunt and fish with you. Hopefully one day
he will listen to me.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

From a strictly financial point of view I cannot imagine a future in Indiana without field trials (of any sort). Think of how much money a person spends on average to attend a field trial... gas, food, etc. It may not be a huge source of income for the state but it is a yearly source. And it's one that cannot be measured in simple terms.
I have to wonder how some of the smaller businesses like the Diplomat Motel in Oakland City would fare if field trials were outlawed in Indiana. Taylor's Steakhouse would be buying a whole lot less ribeyes to cook, too.

FRENCHMAN

Post by FRENCHMAN »

Mike Thanks for posting this! We will need everybody on this one, it is truly to important for the Sport. Car pool to these meetings bring your buddies and let's stop this thing at the door. :hammer: Don LeCount aka The Frenchamn Board Member Of The Indiana Beagler's And Sportsman Alliance

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

FRENCHMAN wrote:Mike Thanks for posting this! We will need everybody on this one, it is truly to important for the Sport. Car pool to these meetings bring your buddies and let's stop this thing at the door. :hammer: Don LeCount aka The Frenchamn Board Member Of The Indiana Beagler's And Sportsman Alliance
No problem Don. When it comes to PETA and the HSUS attacking our rights... I am always willing to drop the hammer. I am just glad we caught this early enough that people can plan to attend.

And for all those out there reading this, it goes down 1 week from today. I know times are tough but that is just what PETA and the HSUS are counting on. Lets prove to them once again that we are not going to roll over and show our bellies when things get rough!

The first public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10 at McCormick's Creek State Park, Canyon Inn, Sycamore Room, Spencer Indiana, 6 p.m. (EDT)
The second (and final) public hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, May 11 at Webster Recreation Center, Plymouth Parks & Recreation Department, 110 Webster Ave., Plymouth Indiana, 6 p.m. (EDT)

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

The Coyote issue all started in Indiana a couple years back. At that time no one knew what was coming down the pike. I am the Indiana Beagler's Alliance representative on Fish and Wildlife's Conservation Advisory Committee that meets quarterly at Harrison State Park.( We are your voice to DNR and the legislators ) When the Coyote issue was first brought up Doug Allman (Indiana Deer Hunters Association representative at the time ) was crying to Glenn Salmon that live trapping Coyotes and selling them to enclosures should be illegal. Salmon's comment at the time was "when we have a shortage of Coyotes, I will worry about it "....lol But by the next quarterly meeting we were being told that across the country the sale of live trapped Coyotes was being banned and Indiana was under pressure from the Feds to stop it.

The truth came out much later. The problem was IDNR listened to a small group of old hags that have a soft spot in their heart for the Coyote.( Indiana Coyote Rescue, and they have a website ) HSUS got with them and started bankrolling them. Helped them with a website, and mentored them on how to take advantage of our Natural Resource system thru the NRC. IDNR railroaded the rule change package thru the NRC and never once checked on what was actually happening. True to form the hags showed up again last year asking the NRC to close all Coyote hunting and to ban the Coyote field trial enclosures. At the first NRC hearing ( and without ever seeing an enclosure, or doing any research ) DNR's recommendation was to leave the Coyote hunting open and to ban the Field Trial enclosures. NRC was was going to rubber stamp IDNR's recommendation until Indiana Beagler's Alliance got with several of our good Republican legislators. Those legislators went to the Governor and ask that DNR be instructed to get off the issue. Their exact words to IDNR were " Don't try to make any changes without doing the research, and if we don"t have what HSUS and the Coyote ladies say we have, Don't make any changes at all. Unfortunately the Governor's office didn't think about DNR getting to the NRC with its desire to not have anymore enclosures. The NRC, by the way, has no over site what so ever. They can do as they please, and no one can stop them other than legislation to reverse their actions.

The issue as double eagle said, did go away then for a few months. The Current Chairman of the NRC, Bryan Poynter would not let it go, however. He brought it back November 15 at the NRC hearing. That NRC hearing was so set up even the causal observer could see it. DNR after going to the enclosure in Jasonville, Indiana decided to offer to allow the enclosures as long they were 300 acres. But, the NRC and DNR had obviously staked the deck and one of the NRC members suggested a moratorium on all new enclosures as of Jan.1, 2012. Then as though we couldn't see the crap happening, went ahead and voted the moratorium in by a landslide.

Early this year an Indiana conservation officier jumped the gun and went onto the Prairie Creek Beagle Club grounds and told them they had to cease operation until further notice. He said there were meetings coming up and the rules were changing for Beagle field trial enclosures also. The fellows at the club contacted me, and i went to DNR. I spoke with Leanea Peterchef in Fish and Wildlife. She said that yes they were looking at restrictions on Beagle field trials and that they wanted the Alliance to ask the NRC for a rule package of restrictions. Then I ask why in the world would we want to do that with what was going on at the NRC with the Coyote enclosures. That was when she let the cat out of the bag so to speak....... "uh, uh, well that was because we didnt want anymore Coyote enclosures". And again, Indiana Beagler's Alliance went to the Governors office. The Governor's office went again to DNR and we have not heard anymore about the Beagle field trial enclosures. but i doubt it is dead at DNR. We must fight the Coyote enclosure moratorium and size limit tooth and nail. the places for the hearings are at the top of this post. and directions on how to email or write the NRC ( very important also ) is on my original post farther down the page. There is so much more in the works right now that i can not talk about it....its good for us is all i can say.

Thanks so much for reading this far

Jack Hyden, President
Indiana Beagler's Alliance
indianabeaglersalliance@yahoo.com
574-551-4067
Jack Hyden, aka, jackrabbit
Indiana Beaglers Alliance

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Written comments regarding these proposed changes can be submitted to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the "coyote/fox dog training grounds rule amendments."

Yang

Post by Yang »

If you check the PETA website out, they are vegetarians. Therefore, anything related to using animal for food will be offensive to them. They are the new generation where chicken, beef, pork, or other tasty meats comes pre-packed from a grocery store and not from a live animal.

Yang