PETA wants You!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jackrabbit

Re: PETA wants You!!!

Post by jackrabbit »

Oh yes, Peta has had some real strange ways of trying to get folks to go vegan. Everything from TV ads that show dressed turkeys on a steel counter at the meat market and stating " This year give the Turkeys something to be thankful for, PETA has vegan recipes" to Their Slogan "Drink beer not milk, no animals can be abused in process of making beer". LOL PETA's push now is "SEA KITTENS". they feel that if they can get people to think of fish as sead kittens it will cause them to not view fish as a good food source....I just happen to like my sea kitten breaded and deep fried...lol

PETA is not good that's for sure. Yet most know that they are off the wall. HSUS on the other hand still has a lot of unknowing people thinking they do good work for animals. People donate their money and property to HSUS with the misguided assumption that HSUS supports the animal shelters around the Country (and world ) The facts are that of over a hundred and fifty million dollar a year budget less than 1% goes to help animals and the rest is used to take away our opportunity to have animals. "ONE GENERATION AND OUT " is now HSUS's slogan. Every domesticated animal should be spayed or neutered ( including live stock ) and be extinct in one generation.

Right now, today, in Indiana, we have an opportunity to slow HSUS and the Antis down considerably .

Show up at one of the following hearings on the Fox and Coyote field trial enclosure issue

McCormicks Creek
Spencer, Indiana
Canyon Inn
Sycamore room
Tues. May 10, 2011 @ 6 PM

Plymouth, Indiana
Parks and Recreation Center
110 Webster Ave.
Weds. May 11,2011 @ 6 PM

Also extremely important is everyone contacting the Natural Resource Commission either by email or snail mail, and
Written comments regarding these proposed changes can be submitted to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the “coyote/fox dog training grounds rule amendments.” The deadline for submitting comments is Wednesday, May 18. Even DNR admits that in all the years that Fox and Coyote enclosures have been operating, not one complaint to DNR law enforcement or any law enforcement agency any where in the state has been made. Nothing can be hidden due to the fact that the enclosures are behind fences that even those just passing by can see thru.

Comments can also be mailed to:

Natural Resources Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Jack Hyden,President
Indiana Beagler's Alliance
indianabeaglersalliance@yahoo.com
574-551-4067
Jack Hyden, aka, jackrabbit
Indiana Beaglers Alliance

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

J.L. Copeland, One major factor that no one should put on the antis side is the Politicians. This is one time both the Senate Natural Resource Committee and the House Natural Resource Committee is on our side. They are working hard for us. The problem is the NRC as it has no over sight at this time. Only the Governor can control them. Both the senate and house Natural Resource Committees have sent Bryan Poynter a letter supporting us. As has Senator Ryan Mishler the chairman of the Senate Natural Resource Committee. That's more than i should say this early in the game guys...just want youj to know we are not in this alone.

Jack Hyden, President
Indiana Beagler's Allliance
574-551-4067.

Now I don't ask for support often, but at his critical time i will say if you are not a member of Indiana Beagler's Alliance SHAME ON YOU. A $10.00 a year membership wont break anyone's bank, yet the more members we have the better we can fight. If you truly are in dire straights and can not afford the membership fee, write me at the above email address or call my cell and i will see you do become a member for this year.

jlcopeland

Post by jlcopeland »

Mr. Hyden, I am all for the beaglers in every regards but if not for the politicians we would not have had this conversation hope you are right but a wise person once told me politicians are anybodys dog that wants to go hunting loyal to no one, wolves in sheeps clothing and a few other titles that good manners prevents me from hanging on them, they can pass all the laws they want but they will play hell getting me to give up my dogs, or where i run them, or what i run we still have the second ammendment politicians have not screwed that one up yet although it is not from lack of trying.
JLC
LPRCH Copelands Hank Williams
LPRCH Bawlin Bentley
LPRCH Copelands Scarlett Letter
LPRCH Copelands Rocket Toomie
LPRCH Copelands General Lee
LPRCH Copelands Blue Bawls
Copelands Hank Williams Jr.

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Its unfortunate that you have had such a negative experience with your legislators. I am also a Kosciusko County Farm Bureau board member so I am in the state house a few times per month. I talk with the legislators often and see first hand the kind of stuff they are really made of. Right now, at this point in our state. The sportsman has much to be thankful for. Our state legislators are working to bring a right to hunt, fish, trap, and pursue animal ag to our state ( SR 9 ). along with ideas on how to fix our NRC. Both our Senate Natural Resource Committee and our House Natural Resource Committee are mostly strong sportsmen. They have just put together a Sportsman's legislative Caucaus to work for more hunting, fishing and trapping opportunities, to off set the advances of Anti groups such as HSUS, and the Indiana Coyote Rescue. and to, hopefully, bring more cooperation between the various sporting venues.. As i stated earlier, there is so much more behind the scenes right now that i am not able to talk about. Know that as soon as its ok to give the information out. The Alliance will do so.

Thanks
Jack Hyden, President
Indiana Beagler's Alliance
574-551-4067

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Indiana Beagler's Alliance is now Indiana Beagler's and Sportsman's Alliance. Over the last several years the Alliance has been the group that has been out front fighting for all our sporting opportunities. We worked with the National Curr and Fiest Breeder's and helped bring an additional 30 days of Squirrel season to the northern half of Indiana. We have fought DNR and the antis tooth and nail with the Indiana Deer and Elk Farmers, We were in the Indiana state house most of last years legislative session and were successful in taking House Bill 1468 away from HSUS ( the so called Puppy Mill Bill ) HB 1468 would have put such severe restrictions on commercial kennels that they would have been hard pressed to survive.We were also successful in exempting the dogs being raised for hunting purposes from that bill. We are also working with the fellows that hunt Coyotes with dogs to get some over bearing CO's off their backs. The Alliance was responsible for bringing Field Trialing to 7 of our states reservoirs 9 months a year. We were also out front working to make it legal to carry a legally licensed hand gun while in the field. And it was the Alliance that convinced DNR to extend Rabbit season to Feb. 25 each year. When there is an opportunity either threatened or needed, the Alliance will be there in the trenches. i have told IDNR many times that the Alliance is not here to be their friend. The Alliance is here to protect and defend our hunting heritage.

The Alliance now has members from all venues of hunting sports. Therefore we made the decision several months back to make the addition to our name. We are regisltered with the state as " INDIANA BEAGLER'S AND SPORTSMAN'S ALLIANCE".

And again thanks for all your support fellows

Jack

jlcopeland

Post by jlcopeland »

Mr. Hyden i probably do have a bad attitude for politicians i have seen nothing positive from them hope you all get this taken care of if you will post an address of your alliance i will mail you a memberrship fee but dont hold it against me if i reserve my trust for people that earn it and so far not one politician has done so

JLCopeland
Middle Tennessee
JLC
LPRCH Copelands Hank Williams
LPRCH Bawlin Bentley
LPRCH Copelands Scarlett Letter
LPRCH Copelands Rocket Toomie
LPRCH Copelands General Lee
LPRCH Copelands Blue Bawls
Copelands Hank Williams Jr.

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you....and the address is;

Jack Hyden
PO Box 624
Warsaw, Indiana 46580

Make checks payable to Indiana Beagler's Alliance. And send me an email at the indianabeaglersalliance@yahoo.com addy and let me know more about you. The Alliance though statewide is still a tight knit group.

Jack