Critical NRC hearing on Field Trail Enclosures

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jackrabbit

Critical NRC hearing on Field Trail Enclosures

Post by jackrabbit »

The meetings announced below are critical to all Indiana sportsmen. Along with the Fox and Coyote Field Trial areas, IDNR is already mumbling that they want to restrict the Beagle Field Trial Areas also. Its extremely important that everyone write and plan to attend one of the meetings. Tell the NRC that you support the existence of Coyote enclosures and that since there has never been a complaint there should be no Moratorium or size minimum.

Thank you
Jack Hyden,President
Indiana Beagler's Alliance
indianabeaglersalliance@yahoo.com
574-551-4067

Hearings set for coyote, fox training grounds

The Natural Resources Commission will conduct two public hearings on proposed changes regarding field trial permits and the chasing of fox and coyotes with dogs in an enclosure.

The proposed rule language and frequently asked questions and answers can be found at: www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm.

Individuals can provide comments at one of the public hearings scheduled as follows:

Tuesday, May 10 at McCormick’s Creek State Park, Canyon Inn, Sycamore Room, Spencer (Owen County), 6 p.m. (EDT)

Wednesday, May 11 at Webster Recreation Center, Plymouth Park & Recreation Department, 110 Webster Ave., Plymouth (Marshall County), 6 p.m. (EDT)

Written comments regarding these proposed changes can be submitted to the NRC at http://www.IN.gov/nrc/2377.htm by clicking on "Comment on Proposed Rule" next to the “coyote/fox dog training grounds rule amendments.” The deadline for submitting comments is Wednesday, May 18.

Comments can also be mailed to:

Natural Resources Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Jack Hyden, aka, jackrabbit
Indiana Beaglers Alliance

Cooz's Beagles

Re: Critical NRC hearing on Field Trail Enclosures

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

I just went to the site and posted a comment about the enclosures (what you told people to write). I'm from Michigan and the indiana border is an hour away from me. It wouldn't be that difficult for peta to jump states. :shock: and switch from yotes to rabbits. Plus, without them coyote hunters I wouldn't be able to run beagles in thick areas for fear one of em would be in there. This year due to thining the yotes out we had ton of rabbits even some pheasant!

Kudos to the coyote hunters! :D

Cooz's Beagles
Cooz's Just Snoopin Around
Lone Pine Cooz's Nicci

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you for emailing the NRC your comments. This is more than just an Indiana issue or a Coyote issue for sure. The antis, especially HSUS, are so active in all states. Michigan is getting hit hard by them already. The Alliance encourages sportsmen and women from all over the country to email their support for the Coyote enclosures. IDNR's Lennea Petercheff has already stated that they are looking at the Indiana Beagle field trial and dog training areas. The book trained biologists within Indiana's Division of Fish and Wildlife know little about what the sportsmen need, only what the books tell them. Some of them even lean heavily toward being antis themselves.

Jack

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

Well I left them a lengthy, but tactful comment on their site. Though most of our members are from Ohio our beagle club grounds is actually in Indiana. We have 2 enclosures and a starting pen.

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Please contact all your members and ask them to help out also. Our IDNR is in bed with HSUS and its getting scarry

jack

BIG ORDEAL

Post by BIG ORDEAL »

Yall better step up and fight or they will take it away from all hound hunters.They have tried in the south and still are.Florida has already lost their rights which I cant understand.If you sit back and dont stand up the tree hugging freaks will win.We have been through it in Va and Carolina and they are still trying.Join a hound hunting organzation,have field trials and donate to the cause,whatever you can do but we as houndsmen can not be defeated for our way of life.

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thanks so much to everyone that is sending emails and writing to the NRC. We have so much more work to do, and its getting tougher all the time. Indiana Beagler's Alliance has been in the forefront in defending our hunting rights for several years. I know there a lot of groups, clubs, and individual sportsmen and women that havent even heard of us yet. Last year we were the main group working to defeat HSUS on HB1468, which would have made it almost impossible for us to breed or sell hunting dogs. HB1468's main thrust was at commercial breeders who are also doing nothing wrong, but Lake County state Reb Linda Lawson has her head so far up HSUS's back side she cant tell right from wrong. The Alliance was the critical ingredient that took that bill away from HSUS and made it a good bill. We left the little bit of animal abuse legislation in it, stripped out all the crap that would have been so detrimental to all dog/animal breeders, and thanks to State Senator Brent Steele, exempted the sporting dog folks and put in a provision that no town, city, or county unit could make laws more stringent than BOAH guidelines. Lawson and HSUS tried to claim a victory on the net, but they knew they got their butts kicked big time. The Alliance was also responsible for 6 citations given to Coyote hunters across the state being dropped, with a letter being sent from the executive level to all DNR law enforcement post to discontinue harrassing the Coyote hunters and to cease giving tickets for things C.O.'s thought happened and only give them for violations they know happened. The Alliance also was the group that got Squirrel season extended another month in the northern half of the state the same as below U.S 40 in Indianapolis. It was the Alliance that got Rabbit season extended from Jan.31 to Feb. 15. We also were the critical ingredient in getting legal licensed hand guns legal in the field. And with the help of previous DNR Director Kyle Hupfer got seven of the nine reservoir areas opened to unlimited field trialing 9 months of the year.

We felt we had the Field Trial/dog training issue under control due to the fact that the Alliance convinced the Republican controlled Governor's office to tell DNR to get off the issue and leave us alone. No one understood that DNR would get the NRC to add this moratorium and 300 acre size limit to the rule package. At this time the NRC has no real oversite so if We dont pack the house at the two DNR hearings on the Coyote field trial/dog training issue we are going to be in trouble for sure

Again, Indiana beagler's Alliance is working for all sportsmen, and the fact is we need your support to get this done. Please get the word out to all sportsmen, your buddies, your email list, club members, and anyone that can be at the meetings at McCormicks Creek( May 10,2011) and in plymouth.( May 11,2011) These meetings are being held at 6 pm so there should be many fellows able to attend. We really do need to pack the house at both meetings.

Also there are many Beagle clubs in the state that are not yet members.Please Join the Alliance now, and ask your club president to get the membership to join along with the individual members. applications can be printed off the Indiana Beaglers Alliance website.( http://www.indianabeaglersalliance.org ) Individual membership is only $10.00 a year, and club membership is $100.00 a year.( if your club is struggling or just cant afford the total membership send what you can afford. we are here for you, and all donations help us to help you.

you can contact me at:

Jack Hyden, President memberships and/or donations can be mailed to
Indiana Beagler's Alliance Jack Hyden
indianabeaglersalliance@yahoo.com PO Box 624
574-551-4067 Warsaw, In. 46580

Do not hesitate to call or email me with questions, comments or suggestions. I am retired and do spend much of my time talking to the legislators at the statehouse. I am more than happy to connect you with your legislators and/or take your message to them in person.

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Thanks, Jack, for all that you do.

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

jackrabbit wrote:Please contact all your members and ask them to help out also. Our IDNR is in bed with HSUS and its getting scarry

jack

We have our monthly meeting tonight, and I am going to motion for the club to join the alliance. If you're gonna fight you may as well fight the good fight!

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

And again, thanks so much for the support. have your club media person send me an email. i will add you to the Alliance email list.

jack