Green discharge 1 week after breeding....

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Lusaka

Green discharge 1 week after breeding....

Post by Lusaka »

Didn't know if anyone has had this happen. Bred a female on the 26th & 29th...yesterday I checked to see if she was out of heat and noticed greenish discharge. It was watery but now it's more snot looking. Not too heavy of a flow. I had her on antibiotics/probiotics/garlic at the start of her heat to "clean her out." She's 4, has had two litters w/no probs.

Concerned the discharge may indicate infection/irritation/vaginitis....any input??? Temp is 99.6. She's acting, eating, drinking, & urinating normally.

BCBeagles

Re: Green discharge 1 week after breeding....

Post by BCBeagles »

I would take her to the vet, JMO. I had one after whelping develope a uterine infection with that discharge and the vet was VERY concerned. She was fine after some stout antibiotics. Hope this helps.

j.ooten

Re: Green discharge 1 week after breeding....

Post by j.ooten »

I had the same thing happen a couple years back.. My vet told me it was pretty common for a female to pick up bacterial infections when breeding...because its not a sterile environment. Anyway, she was on antibiotics for a couple weeks and had a nice litter, with no problems... I'd get her to a vet and get her checked out.