TICK'S GALORE!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Born2Run

TICK'S GALORE!!

Post by Born2Run »

Has anyone else noticed an unusual amount of ticks? I ran my two dogs yesterday for a couple of hours and when I called them in they were loaded!! I picked between 10 - 20 off each dog & this morning there was another 10 - 20 laying dead in their kennels so apparently the Frontline Plus is working!! What does everyone use as a repellent??

Casey Harner

Re: TICK'S GALORE!!

Post by Casey Harner »

FrontLine for the dogs. Repel Promane for me. Put it on your clothes the day before you go out.. There will be no ticks on you.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

matt c

Post by matt c »

Harner's Hounds wrote:FrontLine for the dogs. Repel Promane for me. Put it on your clothes the day before you go out.. There will be no ticks on you.

Where do you get repel promane at?

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

Ticks have been bad in Tennessee for years. I think it is because of the abundance of Deer.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

matt c wrote:
Harner's Hounds wrote:FrontLine for the dogs. Repel Promane for me. Put it on your clothes the day before you go out.. There will be no ticks on you.

Where do you get repel promane at?

Wal-Mart was carrying them a lot but couldn't keep it on the shelf, so they quit selling it. I find I on the internet. Do a google search.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

Ticks are awfull here in central alabma to...i bio-spot on dogs to repel ticks, fleas,fly's and mosquito's works really well
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

I worm with Equimax and it gets in blood and ticks and fleas don't like it. They get ticks on them, but they don't stick and are gone the next day.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Tons of them in missouri and I already got chiggers too :angryfire:
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Cooz's Beagles

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

Just got done pulling the second tick of the season off my hound after a small run. Ticks here in the south part of Michigan have gotten bad in the last ten years, don't remember ever seeing them when I was younger. This year has been quite tick-less though, it's already may and I've just found only two; last year I started seeing them at the end of March.

Now I'm going to have to make sure I don't have any on me!

Cooz's Beagles
Lone Pine Cooz's Nicci
Cooz's Just Snoopin Around

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

Born2Run wrote:Has anyone else noticed an unusual amount of ticks? I ran my two dogs yesterday for a couple of hours and when I called them in they were loaded!! I picked between 10 - 20 off each dog & this morning there was another 10 - 20 laying dead in their kennels so apparently the Frontline Plus is working!! What does everyone use as a repellent??

I use frontline never have any troubles. Rub a little sevens dust on their legs when I run them tick wont touch them
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

Born2Run wrote:Has anyone else noticed an unusual amount of ticks? I ran my two dogs yesterday for a couple of hours and when I called them in they were loaded!! I picked between 10 - 20 off each dog & this morning there was another 10 - 20 laying dead in their kennels so apparently the Frontline Plus is working!! What does everyone use as a repellent??
QUESTION : HAVE ANYONE EVER USING CATTLE TAGS ON THERE BEAGLES ? I'VE SEEN IT ON A BEAGLE WEB SIGHT BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH
ONE AND SOME HAVE USED THEM FOR MANY, MANY YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS TO THEIR DOGS !!! DOE'S ANYONE KNOW ?

Steve Shipman

Post by Steve Shipman »

We've been useing the purple cattle tags for 3 yrs now with no problems. They work great.

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Steve Shipman wrote:We've been useing the purple cattle tags for 3 yrs now with no problems. They work great.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

barryc

Post by barryc »

[quote="Cooz's Beagles"]Just got done pulling the second tick of the season off my hound after a small run. Ticks here in the south part of Michigan have gotten bad in the last ten years, don't remember ever seeing them when I was younger. This year has been quite tick-less though, it's already may and I've just found only two; last year I started seeing them at the end of March.

Cooz,

I to am from southern MI and I have only pulled one so far this year. You are exactly right the last ten years they have gotten much worse. I think that they came with the turkeys. If you think about it they have really started being everywhere in the last ten years or so as well. Yep, so far so good this year compared to the past several. It's making me nervous, there either about to get real bad or were gonna have a down year which would be fine with me!

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Steve Shipman wrote:We've been useing the purple cattle tags for 3 yrs now with no problems. They work great.
Ky. Hunter wrote:
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I bought some purple cattle tags yesterday, I was just wondering if you guy put the whole thing on the collar or cut them in half, 1/4's ect....Thanks Scott

I pulled 1 tick of me and 1 off my wife yesterday, didnt see any on the dogs