DELETE

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dr. Chris

Re: Mark me down for "Butkus Fan" #1 fan

Post by Dr. Chris »

R.Ooten (RUFF) wrote:Owl Creek, you have to love that Dingus X Majer stuff. I have had a couple out of Crook, Roxie's littermate and have a male out of Shooter and Crook
and I think he's as nice as they come. When Joe told me he was going to breed Roxie (a top reproducing female) to Butkus I had to have one.
Not to take anyting from Butkus but when you add in a female like Roxie WOW!!!
Very nice looking and bred pup.

Now let me ask a question, you have two pups out of littermate sisters. One sister is bred to Butkus, and one sister is bred to Shooter. I know they are both young, but which one do you like the best, comparing them both by how they have progressed at the same ages. Do you honestly see any differences? Being out of littermate sisters and both being bred to father and son, I was just curious if there is a noticeable "Whiley" factor.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Last edited by BCBeagles on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.Ooten (RUFF)

DELETE

Post by R.Ooten (RUFF) »

delete
Last edited by R.Ooten (RUFF) on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundown Beagles

Post by Sundown Beagles »

by Big Mike » Mon May 30, 2011 4:10 pm

"I understand Butkus has been sold again, whats the story on that?Big MikeBig Mike"

Mike, no story as anyone who knows us knows that Donny will put a price on any hound in the kennel. (except 1 and there is a story to that). Butkus was very hard to let go as he is the real deal and seems to be on his way to become one of the great reproducers of his time. Time will tell. I can tell you that Tim is a very classy guy and will be easy to deal with. As for Butkus? His #1 fan will always be here in Fresno, Ohio. Dave McVay

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

Donnie may have sold Butkus , but I can bet he has a few well bred pups out of him ! Dave and Donnie are Great guys and run a first class kennel . When you visit their kennel it's like walking into the " BEAGLE HALL OF FAME " !
Just sign the " wall " and watch the hounds run , make Donnie an offer ! You will leave with one or more dogs , or in our case leave and come right back and buy a few super nice dogs ! Tim best of luck with BUTKUS !
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Dave, thank you for your response.
Big Mike

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

Last edited by Roseland on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roseland Beagles

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

///
Last edited by BCBeagles on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

?
Last edited by Roseland on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roseland Beagles

Sundown Beagles

Post by Sundown Beagles »

I can honestly tell you that I consider him the complete hound.
Speed - well it depends on what you call speed? Have other hounds run in front of him? yes Have I ever seen a hound turn a rabbit at full speed in front of him? No I as well as the gallery watched him cut a pack of 20 hounds from 5th place when they came out of the brush at the Triple challenge. He ran against several very good hounds that were owned by several people when we owned him. Not one person who ever ran with him did not like him. That is a very big feat as several people came to watch him run.
Check work - VERY CLEAN in a check area. He works a check like throwing a rock in the water, "from inside out" he bounces back to a check when he over runs (which is very seldom) If you put him with a very fast competitive group he will get competitive but not to the point of being wild. He is a very honest mouth hound and will not get sucked in if its not right.
Hunt - He has EXTREME hunt. He is always busy and NEVER looks to see where the other hounds are at or what there doing. I will say when he is bred alot he tends to spend a little extra time marking areas but quits that very fast. You will never get a clock on him for not hunting regardless of the heat.

he is not SUPER DOG but in my opinion he is very close. Dave McVay

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

!
Last edited by Roseland on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roseland Beagles

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

Roseland ! You would if the price was right !

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

if someone were to offer you 10k for that dog he would be sold. Why cause i'm sure the people who have bought and sold this dog have gotten several of their top bitches bred by him and will keep the pups to make the next big thing in the field trail circuit. that is all he is being used for at this point from just reading the thread and comments about him. This dog is pretty much retired. Already reached IFC status. he's to be promoted and studed out. Thats his job now.

Now if it were me that owned the dog he'd be put to work in the field as my gun-dog. Would be gunned over from oct to feb every season till he died at my kennel and I'd also stud the heck out of him if anyone was interested.

you say you'd never sell a dog like that. I agree.........i wouldn't either because he'd be more than just a dog with a title to me. he'd be worked in the field during gun-season as a hunting dog. not sold off to the next guy after he reached all that he could in the trial circuit. If i made a dog reach IFC status he'd stay in my kennel forever.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Topfuel John

Post by Topfuel John »

Yea who ever thought Kevin would have sold Reggie at that time he did,but he did for 10k. I believe that shocked everybody.Im sure though kevin got plenty Reggie stuff hes running as will the Mcvays with Butkas.

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

Last edited by Roseland on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roseland Beagles