Who's name would you use???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Have you ever used another mans kennel name when you made a breeding or naming a pup

1. Yes
10%
2. No
67%
3. Yes because the dog was linebred out of that kennel name
22%

Total votes: 58

johns03272008

Who's name would you use???

Post by johns03272008 »

Have you used another mans/womans kennel name when you made a breeding or have used on naming a pup even though you were not the breeder?
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

TC

Re: Who's name would you use???

Post by TC »

Yes in order to Show WHERE the Bloodline was from..
Purchased a un named Pup From a certain breeder. named the pup using their kennel Name in the Pups name..Ridgerunners lucy Lou (Ridgerunner kennels)
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

DJC

Post by DJC »

I know an old timer that names his dogs after the guy he bought them from, but not the kennel name. He had a dog named ...'s Jeff Wood, cause he bought the dog from Jeff Wood, a dog named Jack Eddy, cause you guessed it he bought the dog from Jack Eddy. The best was a dog he got from his son who's name was Pat after his father, he named that dog Pat Jr. LMAO :lol:

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

Named my pup Smokes Creek Whats Up doc? Linebred Syris Mcgee....Only after I asked Rick G. for permission. Two years ago I asked permission from a very well known beagler and never got a reply. Found out later that there was a big dispute over the father of my dog..understandable.

Dave

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Not without the kennel owners permission on a pup I bought...probably not at all on a female I bred.
Last edited by Norshore on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

I wish more people included the "original" bloodline's name.
Especially if the line has continued for several generations.
The Patch guys have done a good job with this.

;)

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

We have 2 fine hounds that carry the Indian Hills name with RB's permission. They are line breed Indian Hills. ROWCO
======================================================================================================================================
ROWCO Beagle Kennels (252-559-3497; 531-0469)
Bobby and John Williams (Chocowinity, NC)(www.rowcobeagles.com)
INDIAN HILLS WARPAINT (Indian Hills Bobby Megee x Indian Hills Jan)
LPBCH, LPRCH L&L Little Bleu Girl
ROWCO Indian Hills Mary
ROWCO Bobby’s Anne & ROWCO Hollerin Jill
LPBCh Tri State Remember Casey
LPRCh Kelly Girl & Super Fly
ROWCO Hard Chargin Babe

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

I have a good friend with an excellent kennel name "Jamsmokin..." With his permission I used part of his kennel name on a real nice dog. I just like the name.

20guage1

Post by 20guage1 »

i have two different males, from two different breeders, and have incorporated the kennel name into their registered name with the breeders permission, and blessing. nothing wrong with free advertising. Cabelas etc do it all the time.

bucks better beagles

Is there a problem with incorporating a part of some one else's kennel name? Are they registered trademarks? Just wonderin.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

bucks better beagles wrote:Is there a problem with incorporating a part of some one else's kennel name? Are they registered trademarks? Just wonderin.
I didn't start this forum to start a fued I was just curious cause I know some people will use a kennel name even though theyy do not have permission and or do it to be able to sell pups! Just a thought and something just wanted to see what others think!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bucks better beagles

No feud on my end. Just curious myself. I would never use something like "Branko" in my names because that is sacred but parts of others would seem to be OK. Never thought about this issue before.

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

If the owner of the kennel has registered their kennel, then you can not use it. I would not any ways with out the request of the breeder. For instance, if I have a pup that is Branko bred, I can call it Mtn Way's Branko Driver. What I can't do is call it Branko's Mtn Way Driver because that would be using Branko's kennel name. We have a few dogs in our kennel that are registered to Dexter Reffett, and we proudly put his kennel name on them, even though they are our dogs. It is a show of respect to name a dog after the kennel it came from, but only if the kennel owner agrees.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

tinymwoods wrote:If the owner of the kennel has registered their kennel, then you can not use it. I would not any ways with out the request of the breeder. For instance, if I have a pup that is Branko bred, I can call it Mtn Way's Branko Driver. What I can't do is call it Branko's Mtn Way Driver because that would be using Branko's kennel name. We have a few dogs in our kennel that are registered to Dexter Reffett, and we proudly put his kennel name on them, even though they are our dogs. It is a show of respect to name a dog after the kennel it came from, but only if the kennel owner agrees.

I use my kennel name first just like what tinywoods is saying. Then I use either a kennel name or bloodline to id the pup. They are registered with my kennel name first.

hollarbacks white river calli
hollarbacks hurry up storm
hollarbacks sundown sassy

Is this wrong?
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

TC

Post by TC »

sanfordssj wrote:
tinymwoods wrote:If the owner of the kennel has registered their kennel, then you can not use it. I would not any ways with out the request of the breeder. For instance, if I have a pup that is Branko bred, I can call it Mtn Way's Branko Driver. What I can't do is call it Branko's Mtn Way Driver because that would be using Branko's kennel name. We have a few dogs in our kennel that are registered to Dexter Reffett, and we proudly put his kennel name on them, even though they are our dogs. It is a show of respect to name a dog after the kennel it came from, but only if the kennel owner agrees.

I use my kennel name first just like what tinywoods is saying. Then I use either a kennel name or bloodline to id the pup. They are registered with my kennel name first.

hollarbacks white river calli
hollarbacks hurry up storm
hollarbacks sundown sassy

Is this wrong?
Nope Nothin Wrong with that at all.
It is Like tinywoods says a Show of Respect to the breeder, But also keep in Mind that this can Sometimes backfire on a breeder too, if the Dog turns out to be a piece. We always get the breeders permission First.
ANY dogs that were bred by us and we WANT our Name on We Fill out the First part of the name on the registration Form With our kennel name OR we will have an Agreement With the new owner to Incorporate it into the name..
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be