Moore County NC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Sugarloaf

Moore County NC

Post by Sugarloaf »

Recently moved to the Sand Hills and was wondering if anyone is from this area? I have found a guy or 2 with hounds in the area but it is difficult to find anyone who runs their dogs year around when there aren't any clubs in an area, or at least non you know about. Anything info is appreciated, including how far the NC Little Pack clubs are from here?

-Ed

BigStrutter

Re: Moore County NC

Post by BigStrutter »

I don't hear about little pack much in NC. Most clubs are AKC/SPO style dogs. You may try this link www.arha.com and click on little pack and see if there are or were any trials close to your new home. This may help you with some club locations.

There is a UKC club in Randolph Co. and if you are interested in AKC/SPO Quail Farm is in Alamance Co. I believe.

Hope this helps.

Ned

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

I run a club in Harnett County call me anytime with any questions. 919-369-6151

Cape Fear River Beagle Club
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Lee Cockman wrote:I run a club in Harnett County call me anytime with any questions. 919-369-6151

Cape Fear River Beagle Club
A very good club at that!

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

bunnybuster24

Post by bunnybuster24 »

Ed,
Give me a call. I live about ten minutes south of the Moore County line. You are more than welcome to come run with me sometime 910-922-8611.

Shawn
IFC Tysons Picking Banjo (RIP)
IFC Beavercreeks Manifest Destiny
IFC Blackies T Cricket
GRHBCH XDawg Lucky
FCLP Red Pines Sara Palin
LPRCH HBCH Crankin Katie
HBCH Loose Change WV Road Rage

SUNRISE10

Post by SUNRISE10 »

Any clubs in the area that needs a very good member... Needs to contact Ed...Good man with top dogs....Several clubs in our area will miss him....ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP...
Ron

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Ed Lee Cockman is the prseident of Cape Fear BC an ARHA CLUB hosted several state hunts usually have good running. He is about 15 minutes form Bunny Blaster and i am about 45 minutes southeast of them near Hope Mills off I95. Bunny Buster and I have 2 pretty large running pens in Bladen county prb is rattlers down there.Just north of you north line just north side carthage in to Lee and Chatham county decent supply bunnies not a rattle snake prb area like Bladen occassional one pops up rare.As u r finding out brutally hot here late may-sep rest year pretty good running . Ft bragg is over 100,000 acres if scout hard some rabs there civilian permit is like 25 dollars lot of deer in spots poor soil sand sometimes hard running best bet to your north and west for hunting better soils. shoot me a pm with your phone info. steve church blue flame kennel sometimes jus church's

BunnyBuster12

Post by BunnyBuster12 »

I back Lee and his club. His kennel partner Otis beat me in the NC little pack state hunt this year and it was as fun as it can be when you come up 15 points short. Both Lee and Otis are great guys and run a straight up club. They have great places to run with plenty of rabbits. I live in Greensboro and the running sucks here lately but if you want to drive about 1.5hrs you are welcome to come run with me me some time. My name is Alan and my number is 336-456-6470.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

I run on the outside if you want to run sometime give me a call.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO