I was there

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dave Swiger

I was there

Post by Dave Swiger »

I was there when he was born. I was there at age two, his first rabbit hunt. He road on my shoulders because the snow was to deep. I was there at age three, pole, line and worms..his first Bluegill. I was there at age 6, his first Daisy Red rider. I was there for more days running rabbit dogs than I can remember. I was there at age 15 when he killed his first deer and many more after that that I cant remember. I was there by phone last Fall when he killed his first Bear..man was he proud. I was not there today when life got to be more than he could stand and he took his own life. Keep me in your prayers and don't forget to tell your kids that you love them. AAron M. Swiger RIP

Dave

Ohiohntr

Re: I was there

Post by Ohiohntr »

I don't have the words of comfort you are looking for as this is something I don't, or refuse to, understand...I can only offer prayers and hug my girls extra tight before bed.

I recently had a friend (RIP Doug) do the exact same....still to this day I do not understand. I sit in his deer/turkey blind many nights behind my house trying to figure out what went wrong, could I have changed it, why would he leave me/us wondering. His parents recently asked me to ride his brand new Harley Road Glide from his house to theirs, I couldn't do it. I wish now I would have...I have so much anger inside because of the way it ended and I hope someday it will make sense.

Know that there had to be a reason and that at some point you will be in comfort again. Like I said, I am not good with these things but will pray for you and your family tonight.

Kelly
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

My prayers are with you, Dave. I cannot pretend to understand the pain you must be feeling. I'll be thinking of you.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Dave,

I will be praying for you and your family that God will give you the strength to get through this.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I will pray for you and your family!

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

My condolences goes out to you and your family. You all are in my prayers.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Dave, may God be with you and your family in these troubled times. Your post brought tears to my eyes as I sit here and think back on how fast my girls grew up. I am now a grandfather, three times, and often ask myself, do I really show enough love to all of them as I should.
You have opened my eyes because we do sometimes take it for granted.
Take care my beagling brother!

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Briar Buster

Post by Briar Buster »

Dave, you and your family are in my prayers.
Tuckasee Kennels
LP Rch Run Of The Mill Rollo (RIP)
LP Rch Lakeside's Spook
LP Rch Get er Done Gus
LP Rch Demons Dixie Diva
LP Rch Demons Dream Goblin (RIP)

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

My thoughts and prayers are with you in a very special way Dave. I am so very sorry for your loss. Nothing else can be said, I am sorry and I will be praying for you continually. May our good Lord lay his hand of comfort on you.
Last edited by BCBeagles on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

augerhead

Post by augerhead »

Dave, I don't know any words that can comfort you right now, but my heart goes out to you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

Danny G

Post by Danny G »

There is nothing I can say or do to reduce your pain, so I will just say a prayer and shed some tears for you and your son. Danny

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Dave,
I know words can't help the pain, but our hearts go out to you and your family.
Dan

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

Dave, I am sorry for your loss. I had a hunting & fishing buddy who felt the same need. I can still remember when a friend came up to me and gave me the news. So many hunts left unhunted. So many fish left uncaught. So many questions left unanswered. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. May the good Lord give you the strength to stand firm in this time of dispare.

pcable

Post by pcable »

Dave, Sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you are going through and I know words cannot ease your pain. Just know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

Gunslinger Beagles

Post by Gunslinger Beagles »

Dave, Im praying for you. GIve me a call anytime to talk or for prayer.-Mac