Collar Problems

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ky. Hunter

Collar Problems

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I charged my tri-tronics collars yesterday and when they finished charging my collars the green light came on on one of them and it won't go off nor will the collar work. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Could the battery be bad? I have had this collar for 5--6 years.

Big Mike

Re: Collar Problems

Post by Big Mike »

probably the battery , possibly the on/off switch.
Big Mike

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Big Mike wrote:probably the battery , possibly the on/off switch.
Mike,
I am thinking in line of the battery. The collar was turned off when I charged it but when I took it off the charger the green light was on but it just stays on and doesn't blink like it does when it is turned on and the switch doesn't have any affect on it.

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

Swap batteries with one of your other collars. See if that corrects it, then you'll know.

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Smoke'n Mack wrote:Swap batteries with one of your other collars. See if that corrects it, then you'll know.
Dont be surprised if when you do this the problem goes away, I had one hung like that a month ago and sent it to tri-tronics and they tested it,charged it and sent it home. It works fine now and they couldn't tell me why it "locked up" like that. Tip they gave me for the future was the above.

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

While where on the subject when you put mine on the charger and the red light comes on on the charger it is no time and they will turn green no matter how long i have used them without being charged eaither i have real good batt or ther not getting a complete charge I have TT field 90 w/cradle chargers

Hill Top Beagles

Post by Hill Top Beagles »

My transmitter done that. I called tritronics they said unplug the battery fo a couple minutes, I did it fixed it then charge the battery.

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Switched the battery and it fixed the problem. Thanks for all the help.