AKC REG. Hardest hunting male gundog

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Charles Philpot

AKC REG. Hardest hunting male gundog

Post by Charles Philpot »

Let's hear about the AKC REG. hardest hunting males out there that people won't go rabbit hunting without. I'm talking about, the ones that people with limited places to hunt and very low amount of rabbits on the land they have to hunt that will find a rabbit. That also has produced some nice dogs.
Last edited by Charles Philpot on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Terrain Beagles

Charles Philpot

Re: hardest hunting male gundog

Post by Charles Philpot »

This dog doesn't have to be a Field Champion, Rabbit Champion or any Champion of any kind. Just a AKC Reg. dog in someone's back yard, that has endless hunt looking for a rabbit.
Last edited by Charles Philpot on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Terrain Beagles

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Glomski's Little Skipper. Seen a female out of him that is also a jump dog, Mr. Jim Stinette's has a dog out of Skipper named Skeeter. From what I heard another jump dog.

I am getting a Skipper pup too.
Last edited by Casey Harner on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

bluemouse

Re: AKC REG. Hardest hunting male gundog

Post by bluemouse »

born solo known as monster looks like a rot in a beagle suit, hates a rabbit like it owes him money, will make a hole in the thickest briars around. got more character than three dogs and is the only beagle that knows how to drive me crazy, he is just to smart for his own good. Will trade for a small army tank.

Goforth

Post by Goforth »

My male is one of them dogs to me. No special breeding, no big titles, just a rabbit dog that suits me.

Steven Goforth
606-872-1192

pineridgebeagles

Post by pineridgebeagles »

My bigtime male i bought from Fred Will,he is a hunting jumping machine,Fred did the work im reaping the rewards. Al

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Dual Grand White River Coal miner is an impressive hound hunting and jumping rabbits. I watched him put on a clinic of how to get one up. With no extra mouth either. Just rooting in and go after them. I got a nice leggy female pup out of him in my kennel from one of my females that I have high hopes for.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Cedar Swamp Ripper would literally kill himself trying to find a bunny. I gave him to Rufus Stewart and he used him in his breeding program with good results. Ask Rufus about him but don't ask him about politics or the conversation will turn ignorant in a hurry! Sorry, I had to get that jab in. Oh yea! Ripper was out of FC Northway Spur x Northway Cindy.

DaManBeagles

Post by DaManBeagles »

Find a Male out of Gun Smoke Red Pepper II she has produced the hardest hunting dogs that I have came across.
Several UKC PP Champions and AKC Champions but just down to earth old fashioned rabbit dogs

Joe

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

DaManBeagles wrote:Find a Male out of Gun Smoke Red Pepper II she has produced the hardest hunting dogs that I have came across.
Several UKC PP Champions and AKC Champions but just down to earth old fashioned rabbit dogs

Joe

Neil Kimbrel will agree with you there. FC Kimbrels Kick Em Up Kane.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Sugar Creek Levi he is getting old now but is still a very impressive jump dog that sheds no briars. And has produced some nice hounds. He is a 15" bluetick out of Turbo by Prop and Earls Little Susan as soon as I have a female come in heat I'm breeding her to him.

barryc

Post by barryc »

Harner's Hounds wrote:Glomski's Little Skipper. Seen a female out of him that is also a jump dog, Mr. Jim Stinette's has a dog out of Skipper named Skeeter. From what I heard another jump dog.

I am getting a Skipper pup too.

Harner, your a Glomski :moon: kisser.

By the way seen him go several times and Skipper is not an extremely hard hunting dog. Decent hunt I'll agree with but not great.

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

YOUNGS HARE CHASING XAVIER.....stud ad on this board and UKC board. Rabbit dog supreme. One of the hardest hunting dogs you will ever go to the woods with. If you go see him run you will breed to him. Tommy Shamblin (owner) has a 4 month old pup out of him, that is running tame rabbits right now. I have a litter due next week out of him.Enough said.

Dave

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

well i've only seen him run the one time at a AKC trail but I liked what I saw from the Bad Moon Rising dog. He had tons of hunt and ran the fire out of the rabbits that were jumped. he left a lasting impression on me. Nice dog. :nod:
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I can always count on a few board members to get their panties in a wad when I mention my best friend and hunting buddy Mr. Glomski. We hunt together and talk on the phone daily. I like his line of dogs enough said. I find it very funny that there are a few of you guys that likes to bust my balls when I talk about Glomski's dogs...Skipper is hard hunting, extremely hard hunting and a jump dog. Seen this over a two day rabbit hunting trip.... I shouldn't have to explain myself to someone $hit talker. This topic is about a hunting dog that hunts hard and jumps a lot of rabbits...I said mine, what's yours?

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker