Sportsmix Dog Food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER

Sportsmix Dog Food

Post by CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER »

I was wondering if anybody feeds Sportsmix, I have been feeding Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food for the last few years, however it seems to keep going up in price. I purchased a bag of Sportsmix 26/18 last night from Tractor Supply. Can anyone give me some input on there experience with this feed, good & bad. Thanks!

Casey Harner

Re: Sportsmix Dog Food

Post by Casey Harner »

My dogs couldn't keep the weight on them, so I stopped buying it. I also noticed there were a lot of waste and loose stools. I know several people who won't buy anything else. It all depends on the dog my honest opinion!!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I fed a ton of Sportmix for over a year and most of my dogs as well as my cousin's did well on it and it wasn't the high protein either but the 24/20. I have an older 10 year old male that didn't do well on it but the 10 year old female got FAT on the same feed and the same amount. ALL the younger ones maintained good flesh on it. As with the other brands the price went steadily up so I switched back to The pride 24/20. I do dog food just as my insurance, if I can save a dollar I will switch. :lol:

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

I have fed the blue bag for years. Its just as good or better than anything else I have tried.
Crane Creek Kennels

Matt Glomski

Post by Matt Glomski »

I have been feeding it for 2 or3 years. I switch from black, red, and blue bags. Good feed. Good price.
BAOTB
WORLDPCH, GRRCH, GRPCH, LPRCH Glomskis Thunder Run J-Dell
LPRCH, FCGD Glomskis Big Time
GRPCH, HBCH Glomskis Little Skipper
LPGRRCH GLOMSKIS CRIMSON FLAME

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

I feed the blk/bag 24/20, hounds perform well and stay in good shape. 1 cup morn 1 cup eve. Maybe a little more after a hard run which is most of the time. The high performance gave the the cow pattie poops.

Jim Stinnett

Post by Jim Stinnett »

I am feeding the black bag 24/20 & their new Sportmix Stamina 24/18.

The dogs are doing well on both kinds. I feed the black bag to my dogs that get hunted a lot.
The other to my older & less hunted dogs.

I have been feeding it for about 6 months. I do like it!
BRIAR BUSTEN BEAGLES
jstinnett@upgen.us
AKC & NKC REGISTERED BEAGLES
LAKE VILLAGE, IN
HOME OF: BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER
PCH CHAMPION / GRAND SHOW CHAMPION

10ACbeagles

Post by 10ACbeagles »

I feed the 26/18 with great results for the most part.I have a little male that will eat it anytime I put it infront of him but sometimes I have to give him a little more/less and Ive actually been thinking about switching(not brands just bags)and seeing what results I get.Overall I think its a great feed but when I bought my last bag at TSC a week or so ago I noticed the price went up $1 and some change and they were on the verge of switching to 40lb bags.I asked if the price was going to still be the same as the 50 or be cheaper and he said same.It went from 25(and some change)then was 27.43(total after tax)for near a year now its almost 29 if it goes past 30 Ill switch,especially if their only giving 40lbs a bag.
God made dogs....Then he made BEAGLES!

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

24/20 has worked very well for me.

grosswdg

Post by grosswdg »

I feed and sell sportmix since 1999 and my dogs do good on the feed.Don Hoog got me and my buddy 20 bags back in 1999 and been feeding it ever since.I talked today with the sales Rep. and he said they would continue to have 50 pound bags.

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

I have tried just about every brand on the market and my hounds do the best on Sportmix. Been feeding it for over four years now and have no plans on switching. JMO

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Nummer's Beagles

Post by Nummer's Beagles »

.. I used it for a couple years and really like it but about the last year I couldnt keep the weight on my dogs.. switched to a different brand and they started to put weight back on..
Home Of
Lp.Rch Nummer's Loud Echo Emma
Lp. Rch Brown's Majestic Myah
Nummer's Detroit Datsyuk

poteetkennels

Post by poteetkennels »

Cant go wrong great feed, blue or black bag running a lot and trials. summer time green bag but never never orange. Thanks sportmix.

ted sutton

Post by ted sutton »

I have been feeding to all my dogs for about three years they do good on it.They look good and have plenty of go.

badger red

Post by badger red »

My dogs do well on it, but I just bought a couple bags the other day at Tractor Supply and they did switch to 40 lb bags. The price did drop a couple dollars a bag compared to the 50 lb bags.