shaker bloodlines

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mandi Schafer

shaker bloodlines

Post by Mandi Schafer »

can anyone tell me about IFC doylands jimmy and bjs fudd? im interested in knowing more about the haunted hill shaker bloodline how these males run and how they reproduce ect. Does anyone know where there is still a living son to shaker? names numbers of the guys that own any of these dogs? tell me all you know. Thanks.

ChadCaslte

Re: shaker bloodlines

Post by ChadCaslte »

Arlie Thompson owns Jimmy you can contact him his board name is (hard on a check). Pretty sure Fudd is still alive also not sure who owns him though but I think he's in MI. They are both direct sons of shaker.
Chad Castle
606-793-0244

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

Jimmy is still alive an kickin at 13 years old.I just recently had his sperm tested at the Animal Hospital,and he has a 80% positive sperm count.

Arlie Thompson
#567-241-9948

sparky

Post by sparky »

Old Jimmy can still Get' er Done :nod:. He throws very Nice Hounds (Rabbit Dawgs).
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Joe Parrino

Post by Joe Parrino »

IFC doylands jimmy Was bred by Fred Liddle, NY when the litter was whelp Fred asked If I want them I took a bitch named it Wabasso's Pepper (hoping Fred would get back into Hounds), Fred drove the Litter to Dick Doyle, Fred told me they went 15" so Dick parted with them. Jimmy's Dam Wabasso's Mary ,I gunned over her witrh Fred, She was med-medfast good nose fair hunt, black blanket bitch. I owned Marys Dam Wabasso's Fast Sara, Sara was quicker than Mary but a hell of a Gundog. Fred bred Mary to Shaker to produce Jimmy, I bred Sara to HBCH Hunts Creek Ben turned around bred a bitch out of her to Shaker that also produce made that cross 2X. Bob Sherdin owned Shaker Still around he knew Shaker inside out.What I liked about Shaker was he would be there at the end of an all day run and be on the line. Howard Cate (rip) handled him here in the states , Sharon Ward Cate could fill you in on some of the US trials. Fred drove the Litter to Dick Doyle, Fred told me they went 15" so Dick parted with them. Guys always Talking Speed when it comes to Shaker, he was more than Speed I feel he was Medfast line running hound that was able to reproduce. JMO. Thats all I know hope it helps. I heard Jimmy was a nice hound, with winning alot in Canada.
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amen ... tm#amend02

Joe Parrino

Post by Joe Parrino »

Here Is a Picture of IFC HAUNTED HILL SHAKER & ME & Zoey 7/99 Bob was nice enough to let Kemler drop off to be to complet the the breeding.
IFC HAUNTED HILL SHAKER 001.jpg
(200.77 KiB) Downloaded 1023 times
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amen ... tm#amend02

thornie

Post by thornie »

Mandi, if you like looking at some of the really old dogs, here you go.
http://beaglescanada.org/bcyesterdayhounds4.html
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

pcable

Post by pcable »

Larry Perry in Huntington,WV has a direct son of Shaker that is still producing as well. Burr Oak Bert is his name. From what I have heard he throws some really nice dogs as well. I have one female that is a grandpup on top and great grandpup on bottom to Shaker that is an excellent dog. I also have a female that is out of her littermate sister and a direct son of Branko's Ali Baba that is also an excellent dog. Both have hard hunt, brains, and can really run a rabbit. They are a pleasure to hunt with. I plan to base all my future breedings and my entire kennels around these females and to line breed them to Shaker bred males. The Shaker bred dogs that I have seen have all been very consistent with hunt, handling, brains, and running ability. They are the same dogs every time they hit the ground no matter the conditions. Hope this helps answer your questions.
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

There are two direct Shaker males here in Mi,
BJ's Fudd and Sweet Sound Radar, both are over 10 still alive and producing.
There are also several Shaker grandsons and grandaughters here as well.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

Last edited by Roseland on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roseland Beagles

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

Jim definitely throws some nice hounds!!!!!!!!!
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

Mandi Schafer

Post by Mandi Schafer »

did shaker throw more of the dominate running ability in his sons or daughters? were most of his pups 13 inch or 15 inch?

sparky

Post by sparky »

Mandi Schafer wrote:did shaker throw more of the dominate running ability in his sons or daughters? were most of his pups 13 inch or 15 inch?
Shaker produced alot of Champions,most of them are dead now.He produced IFC's & FC's both male & female,and both 13" & 15".
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES