tri tronics question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rickk

tri tronics question

Post by rickk »

Hey guys i need some help. I have a classic 70 xls 3 dog system and love it. I took 3 dogs out today and they all 3 came back but only 2 collars. My orange dog some how lost his collar. Dont know if collar strap broke or if he some how pulled it of fencing or what. Never the less i need to replace it and am not sure what collar will do so. I think its the exp3 but wanted to make sure. Im sure you guys have the answer. Thanks. Also any tips or tricks on how to program is appreciated.

Crow

Re: tri tronics question

Post by Crow »

1-800-456-4343

Here's the number to TT. I have always had good luck talking to their customer service people when I have questions. At least that way you should get the most current information on your available options.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Too late now to tell this but I always zip tie my collars to keep this from happening.Tri Tronics can help with replacement just need to know which colr button on transmitter controlled the receiver.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I also use zip ties so I don't loose my collars. I have also lost two collars in the past before I started using the zip ties. When you get a new collar it is easy to marry it to your transmitter. When you talk to TT they can tell you how to do it.

rickk

Post by rickk »

Ok thanks. Now ive lost one. I learned a valuable lesson and will use the zip tie from now on. Great idea.

kwolf

Post by kwolf »

I HAVE LOST 2 COLLARS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS, I PUT A 8/32 SCREW THRU ONCE I HAVE COLLAR ON DOG TO KEEP COLLAR FROM UNBUCKLING. I HAVE NOT LOST ONE SINCE.