Terrible Loss Today

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bellmorekennels

Terrible Loss Today

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Well with deep regret I type this, but took my dogs out for a run this am, and my swiss hound LULU was hit by a car and killed :(.
RIP my friend,you will be missed
Very weird the way it happened, they were on a rabbit and lost about 50 yards from me, the beagles were all there and so was she, called them and the beagles came in but not her, next I hear a car crash like 300 yds opposite direction, and it was the car that hit her, turns out the car that hit her ,did a hit and run. The state troopers had a witness and got a plate number, he actually went to the guys house and gave him 2 violations, was really nice for him to follow up, but will not bring her back.
Enjoy your hounds when you have them, you never know what happens in life!!
I have some videos from todays runs but can not bring myself to watch them.
Last time I felt like this,was when had 4 hounds stolen from my kennels.

Anyways thanks for reading
www.bellmorekennels.com

Owl Creek

Re: Terrible Loss Today

Post by Owl Creek »

Sorry for ur loss .
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Ive had this happen twice, it really is devastating. Im sorry to hear this stuff happening.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Sorry for your loss.

cheatmountainman

Post by cheatmountainman »

Sorry to hear that!! I had that happen once and a couple other close calls.

Bellmorekennels

thanks for the words guys, sorry for your losses too. Really sucks, alot of what ifs going through my head
anthony

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Very sorry for your loss. I watch your videos frequently and always got the impression she was special to you. Give yourself some time before you watch the video though, my guess it will only make the hurt worse right now. What happened to you today is one of my biggest fears, and an unfortunate potential reality every time we cut our hounds loose. It's OK to be sad but don't beat yourself up with the what if's because it wont bring her back or change anything. The truth is the video's tell the real story: you take real good care of your hounds, put lots of time into working with them, give them plenty of opportunity to do what they were bred to do, and is what makes them and you happy. It sounds cliche but she died doing what she liked doing and that's all any of us can hope for. So there you go, you had a good hound and she had a good owner and a good life. It was an unfortunate ending but looks to me like for the time you were both together you were both pretty lucky.
Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Sorry for your lost may God easy your pain. Rich
TheJohnBirchSociety

Bellmorekennels

NY Hillbilly, thanks so much for your input, it is true, she was special to me, I raised her from and 8 week old puppy, and was more than my hunting dog, she was part of family for my kids too. Yes I do try to give them the best feed and care and most time to do what they love to do. I can not even think about watching that video, will def hurt too much.
Thanks again for your words, reading them put a bandaid on my wound and gave me a different view of what happened.
I have contacted the place I bought her from and hope to someday get another to work with.
Anthony

dirtypondbeagles

Post by dirtypondbeagles »

Anthony very sorry for you loss really sucks
I too loss 2 females 1IFC and 1FTC Same time by car
andy p

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

Sorry about your loss.I always enjoyed the videos of that big hound running.

Bellmorekennels

andy thanks sorry you never got chance to run with her.
packmaster , it was fun to run her with the beagles, sometime she was alittle rough for them, but mostly was an asset
hope to get another someday, but you never know the style they will run
anthony

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

This hurts anytime it happens. I am in Michigan, does anyone know what laws were broken for these people to get tickets? Serious here. I have had several dogs killed and people just kept on truckin. I am wondering what can be done.

Bellmorekennels

bucks, from what trooper told me , first because the guy hit the dog and swirved he caused a car accident, so the first ticket was leaving the scene of an accident. the other ticket was for animal cruelty as the person who witnessed said when he hit the dog she was still alive and he could of got out of car and made an effort to contact me or report hitting the dog to the police, but instead he decided to leave the dog suffer. I think had alot to do with the trooper being a dog lover, and see how upset I was
anthony

Cooz's Beagles

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

Sorry for ur loss...

Cooz