Better Holster for the Garmin 320?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ohiohntr

Better Holster for the Garmin 320?

Post by Ohiohntr »

First of all....I love my 320 with the Birdseye, wouldn't trade it for anything. However....who ever designed the rinky belt clip from Garmin should be fired...total POS IMO. Half the time I can't get it clipped on my belt and then when I do and take off the 320 I can't find the stupid thing to put it back into the clip. Now put some winter gloves on and you have a 3 ring circus trying to get the thing in and out of the clip...when you do get it in the clip the antenna makes your jacket stick up and lets in cold air....dumb design. Kind of like how Harley designed the new beautiful Blackline and then slaped a stupid plastic license plate holder attached to the bottom of the fender. :???: Makes no sense.....kind of like they said "oh crap, how are guys going to carry this around....hummm...put Bob the temp in the mail room on it, he should be able to come up with something". Ok, rant over :lol:

Anyhow, is there something like a neck laynard out there for the 320's? How about a vest or jacket that has a "pouch" that the 320 fits in? I'm sure someone on here has already come up with something clever to make it easily accesable to view so lets hear it......
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

birmi1nr

Re: Better Holster for the Garmin 320?

Post by birmi1nr »

Kelly this is what I use and like it. Garmin in one pocket and shocker in the other.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64391?pa ... cs-holster
CEREAL CITY KENNELS
FCGD CEREAL CITY WANGO TANGO
FCGD CEREAL CITY OOH LALA

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Nice....all the time I spend out listening to dogs doing absolutely nothing except pondering life and I can't come up with an idea like that. I did think about using my turkey vest so I was close. :lol:

Do you have any problems with the transmitter/GPS falling out when you lean over to clip dogs or is it a snug enough fit that they can't fall out?
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

birmi1nr

Post by birmi1nr »

I believe there one size fits all. I usually wear mine under my winter jacket. GPS fits just right and never have a problem with it falling out. My TT is a little tall and skinny for the other pocket and have had that fall out when bending over going through brush but I just put a velcro strap on holster that goes around the TT atttena and works like a charm.
CEREAL CITY KENNELS
FCGD CEREAL CITY WANGO TANGO
FCGD CEREAL CITY OOH LALA

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Thanks....As I was heading out to run last night my wife said I resembled Rambo because I had my TT around my neck, lead strap w/couplers, Garmin Clipped on one side with long range antenna sticking up, Cell Phone clipped on the other side, Headlamp on, a small beer cooler around my neck the other way, and a package of deer jerky sticking out of my coat pocket. She wanted to know what war I was heading out to fight. :lol:

All the "stuff" it takes to run dogs is getting a bit overwhelming...going to have to get me a red wagon to cart my things in the field before long.
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

All I can say is the screen protectors for the garmin are a MUST!!! for heavy hunting and runnin it will get scrached up. Its not like an ipod screen..

I have to replace mine almost every other hunt. My fiance thinks I am running on the ground with the dogs :)
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

Ohiohntr wrote:Thanks....As I was heading out to run last night my wife said I resembled Rambo because I had my TT around my neck, lead strap w/couplers, Garmin Clipped on one side with long range antenna sticking up, Cell Phone clipped on the other side, Headlamp on, a small beer cooler around my neck the other way, and a package of deer jerky sticking out of my coat pocket. She wanted to know what war I was heading out to fight. :lol:

All the "stuff" it takes to run dogs is getting a bit overwhelming...going to have to get me a red wagon to cart my things in the field before long.

I hear ya! My boyfriend says I look like im going to war. garmin, shocker, cellphone, camcorder, leashes, pepper spray and cant forget the buck kinfe. All stuffed away in different pockets. Summertime I have it all snapped to belt loops.
April D
Grantville, PA

hawkeyee

Post by hawkeyee »

Freeman Beagles

Post by Freeman Beagles »

Check with Lion Country Supply.

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

I had an LC Supply on my 220, but didn't care for the glare created on the screen or how the overaly jacked up the directional button usage. I didn't think LL Bean would have anything I'd be buying, but that link has my interest.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I currently just have a lanyard through the bottom and let it hang from my neck (upside down). Keep it tucked inside my coat so it doesn't get beat up. I can't have it on my belt as its too hard to get at under my jacket if I have it buttoned.

That chest harness does look like it might work the best, thats actually what i've been looking for. A contender holster, a TT holster, and a Garmin all slung around my neck/shoulder. My buddies make fun of me b/c it takes me 5 minutes to strap everything to me when we get out of the truck.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Well, I ordered the LL Bean vest....Never really saw myself ever buying something from them to run dogs but heck the whole dang thing is cheaper than most laynards or clips out there...and free shipping to boot.

Heck, I might have to get me a snazzy pair of kakki pants, a shirt with the shooter patch, and an orange whistle before long. I wonder if they have a neat beer cooler to match my "new" look...If I ain't careful my dogs are going to expect better food. :lol:
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

Speaking of beer coolers, I have a belt that holds a six pack. The greatest thing for night running ever invented!!