Interesting Night

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Interesting Night

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Upon further review , I guess maybe i should of shooed the cat off , but in my defense the min i cracked the door Polly was on it.She is bred to be a stock dog and she can get a wee bit aggressive towards cats. As a young dog a big Tom Cat wore that head out for her, i think she swore revenge towards any feline at that time :nod: .
I kissed a little azz offered to pay or get a new kitty and told them how sorry i was and come over any time this summer and swim with us, i also informed them not too pee in my pool as payback :shock: ..... They laughed and alls well in the City.
On my way to work" I thought i did the right thing and really didnt kiss anymore azz than i do everyday at work" Life strolls on. :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Upon further review , I guess maybe i should of shooed the cat off , but in my defense the min i cracked the door Polly was on it.She is bred to be a stock dog and she can get a wee bit aggressive towards cats. As a young dog a big Tom Cat wore that head out for her, i think she swore revenge towards any feline at that time :nod: .
I kissed a little azz offered to pay or get a new kitty and told them how sorry i was and come over any time this summer and swim with us, i also informed them not too pee in my pool as payback :shock: ..... They laughed and alls well in the City.
On my way to work" I thought i did the right thing and really didnt kiss anymore azz than i do everyday at work" Life strolls on. :nod:
You did the right thing by offering to buy them a new kitty But didnt have too .
TheJohnBirchSociety

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

I was a nice guy (at first) with my neighbors cats, I'm not a cold killer like Jimbo and Polly:lol: ....I started off live trapping them and returning them. They had two little girls and were always gratious for their return. I run dogs behind their house so I thought all was well and it would buy me a little love even though they don't own the land. After about the 10th time returning their cats I asked them about maybe trying to keep them at home cause they were walking on our vehicles and driving the dogs nuts.

Time goes on (trapping and returning) and our heat quits working in the back of the house....into the crawl space I go only to find that their cats had been under the crawl and tore all of our duct work up. Several hundered dollars later all is well and I find out how they were getting in. Little Sarah happens to come over selling something and I tell her to take her cats with her....the little girl leaves the cats and says "They are not my cats, they are moms stupid cats that she finds and brings home but she just tells you they are ours so you won't kill them". So now I am onto moms little cat hording problem and I'm not happy about it. I visit their house and try to have a civil conversation with the mom about personal property and the need to control animals (I felt like Bob Barker)....She gets pissy with me and tells me "her" cats can go wherever they want and to deal with it since I am the new guy on the block because the old neighbors loved her cats and that is why they come to my house. This did not sit well with me.....:angryfire:

After a few relocations and a few that didn't make it.....Here comes the neighbor lady pulling in the driveway and I am thinking "Here we go". Out comes the two girls up to the door and they keep looking back at mom scared to death. "Have you seen our cats?"...Me..."Nope, not since the last time they were over here" (hey, I was honest). Meanwhile, their fatazz mom is eyeballing me out of the car window all pissed off. So I venture out to the car and she says "I know you did something with my cats." I said, "Tell you what, how much were those cats worth to ya. Cause if you pay for all of my ductwork repairs they caused then I will reimburse you for the strays you can't seem to stop taking in...by the way quit putting it on your girls" She left in a tissy....

Later that night...here comes her husband in the driveway. This guy is quite the pansy and has a lisp that would make a mime giggle. As he is bitching me out I struggle to even hear what he is saying because I am laughing inside the whole time and trying to keep a straight face. As entertaining as it was I finally say..."Get off my property, and let this be our last conversation."

I have not carried on a conversation with them in over 8 years and as far as I know they don't have anymore cats, or at least I don't hear fatazz screaming "Here kitty kitty anymore". I don't like them, they probably don't like me...don't care. To me it is disrespectful to continue to make your pets someone elses problem. I warned them several times....when your problem starts costing me money, I will fix your problem for you.

It probably helped that when all of this was going on a few buddies from MI visited and brought every gun they owned. One gun was a full auto and we spent a full two weeks blasting through thousands of dollars in ammo. I think I make them a shade nervous. ;)

I say buy them a turtle and tell them "hopefully you are able to keep this pet on your own property" :approve:
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Dude ! You sure u aint from Kentucky? Shooting guns reminds me of a time we were in this guys trailer doing illegal stuff and out of the corner of my eye we glimpsed something that freaked us out. Peyotes buds have that tendancy, But anyhow my buddy that owned the place grabbed a shot gun and ran down the hall. And yes it was a sawed off 12 guage. Anyhow as i halucanated terribly i took off behind him. He kicks the bathroom door open and there is a ground hog in all his glory trying to escape . First instict for me was run , not him . He unloads 4 rounds into the critter which was in the tub. Dont know if any of you boys have been i tight quaters with a shotgun blasting away but its loud. Anyhow he blew it to smithers and also blew the side out of a 12-40 trailer. Well my other buddie is tripping so he calls the police{ still never figured that out}.
The cops show and the dumazz that called decides to hide---------- in the oven of course. Ever seen a oven in a ol azz trailer? They are small. Guess the moral to the story is ahhhhh Just Say No. Never did em again and the trailer was sold for scrap.Ya know what though i still hate Cats. :nod:

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Jimmie
Youn did the right thing :nod:
You glib tongued devil you :) :) :)

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

What do you think them people are gonna do if we throw about a 3 day party up there?

warddog

Post by warddog »

Jimmy, some of your ole stories crack me up! :lol: U did do the right thing in trying to keep the peace in town. Now, out here on the outskirts of town, I ain't so peaceful especially when the neighbors HAD more cats than Cod's has liver pills!

lebro

Post by lebro »

did the right thing. jimmy you need to write those stories down and sell them to an upcoming country boy comedian. :lol: :lol: :lol:
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Bobby Vest wrote:What do you think them people are gonna do if we throw about a 3 day party up there?
Bobby dont get me started on the me and you stories. They are the best ever.Hard to believe 100 beers in a few days huh? I dont believe eiether one of us has got it in us anymore.Thank God.
As far as a Party? Its probaly gonna happen i just aint told shorty :shock: Yet. :shock:

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Speaking of Groundhogs....At least Polly ain't trying to bring friends home....still not sure what to think about this one. Pulled in the driveway last fall and our lab and boxer were hanging out with a groundhog.

FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

To finish the story Jimmy started about us drinking beer and running dogs. Well we went to Booneville, In. to run dogs for 2 days. We did run dogs for 2 full days but in the mean time we also drank 115 beers between us. Needless to say we were lit up pretty good and the first day we were on our way out of the strips and there was an old man up by the walkie talkie club and we stopped and talked to him a while. He told Jimmy that he had a FC show dog and so Jimmy told him that he had a IFC show dog in the box. We had been running in brier patches all day long and Jimmy reached in the box and pulled out a male that looked like he had been ran through the big old thrashing machine at Thrasherman's Park. The old man looked at that poor looking beat up old beagle and I thought the old feller was going to croak. We left there and went to one of the local Honkey Tonks to indulge in just a few more cold ones. Well the owner of the place said he was wanting to sell out the business and property and so Jimmy told him he was looking to buy a nice bar and it was on. Jimmy had that poor guy pulling out his paper work for the last 10 years. I don't know who was telling the biggest lie, Jimmy for telling the guy he was serious ly wanting to buy the place or the owner for what he told Jimmy the dump was making. While all this was going on I was sitting at the bar with 2 lesbians and I was feeling my Cheerio's so I started hitting on them and it was on. I think Jimmy might have had a better chance of buying the place then I did handling the 2 lesbians. I have to get back to work right now I'll try to finish later.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Man ole man you guys ole stories bring back many memories of my good ole days! I doubt I could take the mud, the blood and the beer for 5 seconds now days but ahhh there was a time when I could PARTY with the best of them. Still riden the harley but that's about as wild as I get anymore and it don't take me a week to heal up. I love readin about them good ole days though. :biggrin:

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

I LOVE BEER!!!!!!
DEADEYES POACHER

Now bobby ol buddie aint no need to mislead these boys, ever story told on me was back in the day and that was years ago, People gonna be thinking i need to go to rehab. What they dont know is rehab is for quitters. :shock: . We have had sometimes though aint we? You know looking back now virtually ever friend i have ever had was mostly beaglers. I have lost a few friends on harleys and to natural causes. I value friends i dont mean the ones that stick till your down i mean those that will get up in the wee hrs when you need help. They continue to be far and few between. Now days its Kids and Momma, i still got some bad habits but who dont? My love for beagles is still there.

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

far and few is right.thats y beer will always be there
DEADEYES POACHER