How much for stud fee

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Re: How much for stud fee

Post by BCBeagles »

Amen brother Tize!!

Nurse Laura

Post by Nurse Laura »

If price you are willing to pay determines the male you breed to then it in most cases any ol male will do. If you are following a breeding program, looking for a specific outcross then - the price is determined by how much you want it. $300 seems to be the normal for a decorated male. But once you calculate the fee, the travel, time off work, over night stays, etc. the price of $500 just down the road may not really be high. It just boils down to what you want and how bad you want it.

scott calkins

Post by scott calkins »

well i know the stud fee on bob kings fc is only 100 dollars and he is getting a lot of breedings due to this. so a lot of pups and dogs of of his studs being trialed. and blazer is producing at least what we are seeing in mi.
I will not follow where the path may lead; but I will go where there is no path, and leave a trail. LORD HELP ME BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I,AM!!!

smokedawg

Post by smokedawg »

Most stud fees in my area are anywhere from $150.00 to $300.00. If I had hunted over the stud dog before and was impressed with him and if I have seen other pups off of him run and was impressed with what he was throwing, then i would pay the $500.00, breed to my best female, and keep all the pups and start them, then keep what I like. Well bred pups around here go for 200.00 to $300.00 so if 2 ended up making the cut, you would still get your money's worth. I have a friend who just bought an English Mastiff puppy that is 10 weeks old and he paid $1000.00 for it and it aint gonna do nothing except lay around and eat 50 lbs of dog food a week and take huge dumps in his yard. I wouldnt pay 1 dollar for that dog but to each his own. You would think a good rabbit dog would be worth more than a Mastiff, at least you can use a rabbit dog for something. It just dont make sense to me.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

WELL FIRST OF ALL IS NOT HIS TITLES ITS WHAT HE PRODUCES I KNOW A LOT OF DOGS WITH TITLES THAT DONT REALLY PRODUCE ANYTHING THAT AND NOT THAT ALONE IS WHAT I LOOK AT MOST IMPORANT AND THE LEAST TALKED ABOUT IS THE FEMALE I DONT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT MALES JMO BUT MAKE SURE YOUR FEMALE IS TOPNOTCH AND YOUR STUD IS COMPLIMENTARY TO HER WHAT A MAN CHARGES WELL THATS HIS CHOICE ITS HIS DOG WHY SHOULD I JUDGE HIS PRICE IT'S HIS DOG HE CAN CHARGE WHAT HE WANT'S FINISHING ACHAMPION IS NOT CHEAP BY NO MEANS . U CAN'T PUT APRICE ON SOMETHING U ENJOY
BIGDOGPACE