Who owns it

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pineridgebeagles

Who owns it

Post by pineridgebeagles »

A question for you legal eagles,I am a member of a old long standing beagle club that ownes 250 acres,it is a membership club with approx 50 members.It is also a stock holder club with 15 people owning 3 shares of stock each max. My question is who ownes the ground,we want to preserve this ground forever if possible without it being sold.Al

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Who owns it

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

pineridgebeagles wrote:A question for you legal eagles,I am a member of a old long standing beagle club that ownes 250 acres,it is a membership club with approx 50 members.It is also a stock holder club with 15 people owning 3 shares of stock each max. My question is who ownes the ground,we want to preserve this ground forever if possible without it being sold.Al
If there is 45 shares of stocks invested then who owns the other 55 shares? Then i would say where ever the 55 shares are thats the true landowner. Maybe someone knows more than i but that would be the most obvious answer to me.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Newt

Post by Newt »

There is probably a charter that details how the land will be dispersed once the club is disbanded. It should be available to all members. Check the Courthouse Record. They can tell you who owns it.

I know of one that had the exact situation. It was a traditional brace club. Once Brace trials began to lose popularity the members started to dwindle. There were only a half dozen left and a couple of them lived several miles away, so it was decided to use the club grounds as you described. The few remaining members would use it to run dogs or train pups. Then one guy went off to college. Due to work I was out of state for a few years , then one member died leaving just two to enjoy the club grounds. When I retired and moved back, the fence was down so I began building fence. After I repaired fence on two sides I began to hear some disturbing rumors. I checked the courthouse records. Sure enough, about a year after I returned the President sold the club grounds to the other member. A year later the other member sold half the land back to the ex President. Me and the college boy checked with a Lawyer and all had been done legally. To make their acts legal they had to run ads in the newspaper, and put a few fliers on telephone poles announcing to the public that the club was disbanding and all was legal. A year later the land was sold to a real estate developer.

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

The easiest thing to do is go to the courthouse and pull the deed it will tell you exactly who owns it.And whoever owns the property or the majority of shares is more than likely the leagal owner.Now the owner or shareholders can get together and decide if they would want to put Deed restrictions on the property that will benefit the club,Which would be never be timbered,or never be sub-divded those sort of things.You could also put it into a contravation easement which sometimes will bring in tax credits to the club or owner/owners.But still have restictions on the said property.But my advice would be find a good attorney and talk with them on the best way to do it.This my opinion on day to day operations in Real Estate.

Bells Run Kennels

Post by Bells Run Kennels »

Al....can we still run dogs on the land AFTER you take it over and add it to your empire????....hahaha...it was good running with you on Dennys private TRAPPING land...LOL..he needs a bigger parking lot up there for as many people as he brought in there to HUNT ...what an arrogant a$$
Run your dogs....not your mouth!!!

pineridgebeagles

Post by pineridgebeagles »

Thanks for the input folks ,I will go to the courthouse and check the deed. Hey Bill,I can assure you this will be the last year Denny will hunt the winery.Williamson is realy mad and will put up a gate and issue keys to the guys that run there.I will let you know about it when I here.I ran in to his son at the sports show and let him know what a dirty lowdown skunk he and his father are. Al

Bells Run Kennels

Post by Bells Run Kennels »

Hey Al...thanks and if he wants help putting up a gate or needs some cash for keys or signs please let meknow!!! I have policed that place for years just like you do aND ITS A darn SHAME OTHERS TRY TO RUIN IT ...like they did up behind the Logan school,,,what a great place to run..all the nuisance rabbits in Altoona were trapped and dumped in there...no more running there because a couple guys dropped their dogs off and went for breakfast and then came back 3 hours later to catch their dogs...sounds like a great plan until 1 day the dogs ran a rabbit up to a nearbye house and then detroyed a guys yard digging under his porch after the bunny went in there and then fought with his yard dog tied up by the elderly lady who lived upstairs...what a joke and those guys are gone now but we all LOST a great place to start pups and run dogs...oh well let me know if you need any help.
Run your dogs....not your mouth!!!