Jack rabbits for a training pen

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dawg182

Jack rabbits for a training pen

Post by dawg182 »

I sure there are some legal issues but I know u can legally trap rabbits and Use them in training Pens in SC , How about where jack rabbits live. And dies anyone know if they can be breed domestically? If so then they are legal to sell. I am looking for some good running rabbits for a training pen. No missouri's or San jauns. Need something that will really run. Any suggestions?

bill huttozac

Re: Jack rabbits for a training pen

Post by bill huttozac »

I am not sure exactly how "raised domestically" is defined. I am sure that you coluld raise Jacks in a pen as with eastern cotton tails, swampers or any variety of wild rabbits. The problem would be getting breeding stock to SC. I don't think they would work if caged. Just MO.

dawg182

Re: Jack rabbits for a training pen

Post by dawg182 »

Bill I understand and respect your opinion. Just know people catch and transport cottontails just askin if anyone had done the same or more with jacks. Thanx for the comment