Fastest front end bitch............

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Katelyn

Re: Fastest front end bitch............

Post by Katelyn »

Molly was a heck of a little female ,I had her him for a while ,gun hunted her & trained pups with her. We had her down here before she made FC!
Hard Huntin, Consistent ,Fast ,Clean female! I loved to watch her run!

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

Wayne Dorroh's Hattie FC was one tough female also; Shawn Fetty had some 15" FC females by FTC Mikermas Superdog that were bad news...!! Denny Dugan keeps coming with Lumberjack , Kasey FC's ; Cool Nellie was a nice one & Rick & Josh Patterson's FC Hubert's Tori won Better Better Beagling's Outstanding Hound Award along with Don Hoog's mother / daughter combo winning the award with FC Talkabout Calie & FC Talkabout Kellie. Mark Brown (OH) with Dot Dasher, Dilingers Babe & Bubbas Mindy; all MidWest FC's. The Ky Mark Brown also with FC Timber Creek Misty Kisses by IFC Northway Driver.......
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator
FC GD Wells Woods Valentine
FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

And three more good ones that battled it out in 2010 & became FC's: FCGD Wells Woods Valentine, FCGD White Oak Creek Jada's Bella & FCGD Rock Run Hard Hittin' Hannah... I'm done... for now....
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

a bitch called pearl (primetime bred ) and 1 called willie she being tubro pacesetter x paycheck and birch lake
BIGDOGPACE

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

After reading a few of those mentioned, I'm thoroughly amazed at the amount of dogs that become cleaner line control hounds once they're finished or dead. :lol: Perhaps I should put on my rose colored glasses as well.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

Which ones do you question Rice ? I'm pretty sure every dog I named is a FC. I bet you didn't like some of the little females you used to run against or tried to run against.
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Monico's mighty whitey & jigs adirondack anna's annie

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Fast and close doesn't go together.

Little Pack dogs are fast and have 15 second or longer checks, lots of them, or they will not get points for recovering them.

On the other hand, Brace dogs run close and only have short checks, of but a few seconds and win by being close to the line.

Run what you like but mixing the two thinkings never works. Most Hunters with beagles keep and run something between these two examples.
Most of the great beagles I have seen never won a ribbon but were judged great by houndsmen of the highest character.

RYAN KEMP

Post by RYAN KEMP »

I don't even know how I would judge a brace dog. I took a young male down here in Louisiana to a small pack trial and got told he ran too much rabbit and that it wasn't allowed in small pack. He is off of IFC Blackies T-Rex.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Alabama John wrote:Fast and close doesn't go together.

Little Pack dogs are fast and have 15 second or longer checks, lots of them, or they will not get points for recovering them.

On the other hand, Brace dogs run close and only have short checks, of but a few seconds and win by being close to the line.

Run what you like but mixing the two thinkings never works. Most Hunters with beagles keep and run something between these two examples.
Most of the great beagles I have seen never won a ribbon but were judged great by houndsmen of the highest character.

Brace hounds win by being close and blowing holes in the ground! I seen one brace dog came back with dust in his back!! :shock:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

PDBCPres

Post by PDBCPres »

Willie's Brenda is as fast as they come and still run a rabbit with control. She is the 2012 NC State Little Pack Champion, the 2012 ABC High Point Hound, and has won 2 Speed and Drive Hunts at Moores Rabbit Pen in dominate fashion. She has 4 wins, and 2 seconds, in three different types of formats this year and she is only three years old. She is very fast little dog.

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

The most dominate performance I ever saw was NLPC IFC Swampsing’N Flicka. Just like IFC Murray's Bring'em Back Becky, my personal best, they died much too young.

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Jamie Rice wrote:After reading a few of those mentioned, I'm thoroughly amazed at the amount of dogs that become cleaner line control hounds once they're finished or dead. :lol: Perhaps I should put on my rose colored glasses as well.
:D I was thinking the same thing. Many NKC Little Pack dogs are demonized on here and accused of not being able to run a rabbit more than 50 yards. It's amazing that several dogs that have Won the Little Pack World Hunt go on to make AKC Field Champion in the Mid-West. Many more dogs with Wins and places in the Mid-West. A recent AKC Mid-West Champion just placed 2nd at the World hunt last weekend. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure he is a fine dog. Clean line control is just in the eyes of the beholder and certainly if it is the judge.

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

There are good dogs in every format...the really good ones can do well in multiple formats.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

Mid-West AKC FC's have to be fast, but also close in the check area with good line control & faults such as running mute, skirting, mouthy in the check, backtracking , etc, are demerits or even pick up faults. From my understanding, ARHA LP awards points for any positive score regardless of the method the dog uses to get it. So a dog that the AKC Mid-West judges would consider faulty & would be picked up fairly quickly, could win an ARHA hunt. Not saying this happen often & I know several guys with AKC FC quality dogs that run ARHA LP & do well, so it is not the dogs the Mid-West looks down upon, it's some of the rules that allow what we consider extreme faults in a hound to be overlooked & therefore there could be several LP Champs that are extremely faulty according to the AKC rulebook. Ky Lucky is a great hound & a great example of what the Mid-West is promoting in a rabbit hound. I hope the dog that beat him was the same type of honest rabbit dog & wasn't a hound that used a style of running the Mid-West would consider "cheating" or faulty.
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator