Top Sire

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Re: Top Sire

Post by Casey Harner »

sparky wrote:
littlepackguru wrote:Really how did those pups turn out?
I dont want to be in the middle of a argument and Im not on here to talk bad about anybodys dog.but to answer your question I never owned any of those pups but from what I was told they didnt turn out to be very good and some were culled.

Another cross that didn't mesh well together it happens.
Last edited by Casey Harner on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

i should not have said "ask sparky or eddie about who you should breed to", didnt mean to pull anyone into my opinion of a overused ineffective stud. What really spurred me and my topic was i do believe there are great hounds and then there are great hounds that can reproduce great hounds and why guys dont realize this is beyond me. Also why people dont cull properly and just try and sell garbage to other guys bothers me also, and there seems to be a awful lot of below average Reggie stuff out there. Lastly correct me if im wrong, but i think Reggie started at stud for $200 then went to $300 which is fine and dandy, but now that hes back on the back burner cuz there are other hot studs hes dropped to $200 again. This isnt a case of giving guys a break and trying to improve the breed, its a case of how can i make more money on my hounds name now that hes not a hot stud. Once again thats JMO, and as always i think very highly of it.

Lastly, Casey, my opinion of Lebron is although hes a great ball player, he will never be a producer of NBA Championships. Kinda like Reggie. :P
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

there is a lot of people that bred to reggie that do not let field trial results determan what dogs they feed and what dogs they like :shock:
DEADEYES POACHER

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

they are the guys that just love runnin dogs and going rabbit hunting not going to to feild trials chacing ribbons and stud fee money im glad there is still alot of real beaglers left.not saying that there are not real beaglers at field trials there are more than there are not but there is a few there for the wrong reasons. i dought it but one day maybe i can be a big shot beagler :shock:
DEADEYES POACHER

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

My question to likeemfast is if you don't trial why are you degrading Reggie's producing ability in a field trial level? Since I assume you only pleasure run and gun hunt??? If you did field trial then I can see your point of your post. But since you do not field trial or own stud dogs you are leaving me here scratching my head on the reason you made this post in the first place....

There are tons of beaglers out there that likes Reggie and there are tons who don't like him. Still beaglers will still go to him as long he is alive and breed able there will be pups. If take a strong bitch to him then you will put the odds in your favor even more, just like any other cross that you wa might help nt to work... Make sure both dogs are top notch.... Praying

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Harner I can explain it to you so that you do not have to be confussed anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a bashing Reggie debate :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

There is no way to compare sire's accurately! Breed to who you prefer! All dogs do not make it! It does not make a difference who the sire is or dam. First cross or third cross. They do not all make it.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Lee Cockman wrote:Harner I can explain it to you so that you do not have to be confussed anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a bashing Reggie debate :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

There is no way to compare sire's accurately! Breed to who you prefer! All dogs do not make it! It does not make a difference who the sire is or dam. First cross or third cross. They do not all make it.
I know its a bashing debate Mr. Cockman... just don't understand why its necessary to do so when the original poster does not field trial but asked bout FCs out of Reggie.
Last edited by Casey Harner on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

likeemfast wrote:i should not have said "ask sparky or eddie about who you should breed to", didnt mean to pull anyone into my opinion of a overused ineffective stud. What really spurred me and my topic was i do believe there are great hounds and then there are great hounds that can reproduce great hounds and why guys dont realize this is beyond me. Also why people dont cull properly and just try and sell garbage to other guys bothers me also, and there seems to be a awful lot of below average Reggie stuff out there. Lastly correct me if im wrong, but i think Reggie started at stud for $200 then went to $300 which is fine and dandy, but now that hes back on the back burner cuz there are other hot studs hes dropped to $200 again. This isnt a case of giving guys a break and trying to improve the breed, its a case of how can i make more money on my hounds name now that hes not a hot stud. Once again thats JMO, and as always i think very highly of it.

Lastly, Casey, my opinion of Lebron is although hes a great ball player, he will never be a producer of NBA Championships. Kinda like Reggie. :P

I would like to ask the all mighty and powerful and all knowing stud dog chooser and stud whisper LIKEMFAST who should we be breeding to?? How many champions have you produced maybe your azz should be CULLED :bash:
Last edited by johns03272008 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Nope don't field trial, but I appreciate good hounds and good producing hounds! So since I guess I'm not wrong to the fact it used to cost $300 to breed to Reggie, why is he now only worth $200? Cuz his butt was being overlooked for other STUDS! It's a money thing now! JMO! when it comes down to a money game it's being done for the wrong reasons!
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Haterrade that is what we call it. What difference does it make on the services? How many stud dogs have you breed to and what did you pay? I am guessing you are a computer beagler and have not. I was wrong once before then I found out I was mistaken :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Not to Jump on the train but reggie has bred a bunch, and several are showing caliper. Also seen some that needed shot but thats any stud including mine. They dont all make the cut. Overall i wish akc website would offer some numbers and or graphs to compare apples to apples.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

I don't know how many times Reggie's been bred & don't care. The bottom line is he has produced some great hounds that will improve the breed. I am sure they were by some quality females. The male that won White Water Saturday must be a heck of a dog because that winners pack ran great. He was by Reggie & Branko's Tango. Tango was a great female; I put a win on her a few years ago. She is also the mother of FC Pinnacle Hill Sport.
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator
FC GD Wells Woods Valentine
FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo

Topfuel John

Post by Topfuel John »

Reggie stud fee is $300.I was told better beagling had it mis printed in the sire and dam award magazine issue.

kybluetickbeagler1

Post by kybluetickbeagler1 »

From being around gun hunter my whole life and watching grade and reg dogs run, it's apparent that any dog can produce. Where a lot of credit is taken away is how the dogs are ran? I have saw a pot licker get soloed for a year and turn into a badazz. So u have to wonder are a lot of pups being blown up, are thrown down into huge packs, or just always laid up. Not all the time but most I think u can get a dog out of any stud u want and if ur a good houndsman u can make a dog. May not be the next world beater or may be but without a shot who will ever know? Kind of like breeding females who have never saw a track.Just a opinion

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

ive got a champion male out of reggie ukc champ and little pack champ won quite a few pkc hunts and a female thats a little pack champ and a ukc champ. and dogs out of reggie place and win alot so likemfast i agree with john human culls! and i personaly dont judge any dogs till they run in front of me reggie throws his runnning style in pups if you dont like it or dont have any dont worry about it! And im sure people have taken any female they can find to breed to him sometimes which would explain why soe dont turn out. There are alot of bloodlines out thr that i like not just reggie. Glad i got some reggie blood tho!
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)