Top Sire

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

271rockridge

Re: Top Sire

Post by 271rockridge »

Here we go again.If they aint talking about you then you aint doing something right so apparently Reggie must be doing something right cause he sure does get talked about a lot.Likeemfast dont know who you are and dont care but really do you think there is 1500 Reggie pups out there I KNOW there is not does he have more pups on the ground then other studs I KNOW he does kind of makes you wonder why.Let me tell you why when some one calls wanting a pup or brings a bitch to breed %99 of the time they tell me they saw a friends pup or a pup at a trial off Reggie.run and they have to get them some of that.Of all the pups that are out there off Reggie what percentage of them are being trialed in the AKC not a lot if they were he would have had way more then 24 points.No matter what I say it will not change your opinion of Reggie or his pups and I could care less what you think just want to set the record straight stud fee is still $300 just like it has been for the past 3 years.That is a misprint just like his birth date not July 2003 it is May 25 2002 so its not about trying to make more money or what ever BS you say about Reggie its about bettering MY KENNEL with him.To all the people that have bought pups bred to him or are just running a Reggie pup we know what we have and thats all that matters. Thanks Terry Gray
ROCKRIDGE KENNEL---LOAD TO WIN---RUN TO CATCH

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Can I get a AMEN!
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

bbg

Post by bbg »

I believe the top sires list to be accurate. The % of pups that are only gun hunted or are trialed in other formats is nearly the same among all the candidates. Think about the fact that those dogs at the top of the list are decedants of dogs that were at the top of the list in the past. A dog with a higher number of breedings does have an advantage over one with a lower number of breedings. Why are so many using this dog more? The numbers don't lie. The fact is these dogs are producers.

#1beaglesNeil

Post by #1beaglesNeil »

Got a REGGIE pup and doing great,dont trial but i know he could win.Hunting and running machine.GO REGGIE GO
Last edited by #1beaglesNeil on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

271rockridge wrote:Here we go again.If they aint talking about you then you aint doing something right so apparently Reggie must be doing something right cause he sure does get talked about a lot.Likeemfast dont know who you are and dont care but really do you think there is 1500 Reggie pups out there I KNOW there is not does he have more pups on the ground then other studs I KNOW he does kind of makes you wonder why.Let me tell you why when some one calls wanting a pup or brings a bitch to breed %99 of the time they tell me they saw a friends pup or a pup at a trial off Reggie.run and they have to get them some of that.Of all the pups that are out there off Reggie what percentage of them are being trialed in the AKC not a lot if they were he would have had way more then 24 points.No matter what I say it will not change your opinion of Reggie or his pups and I could care less what you think just want to set the record straight stud fee is still $300 just like it has been for the past 3 years.That is a misprint just like his birth date not July 2003 it is May 25 2002 so its not about trying to make more money or what ever BS you say about Reggie its about bettering MY KENNEL with him.To all the people that have bought pups bred to him or are just running a Reggie pup we know what we have and thats all that matters. Thanks Terry Gray
Terry I hate to put it this way but people talked about Jesus Christ and he was the only person without sin and we know Reggie is not perfect but he is a good dog and a good reproducer and the bashers are going to talk about him. To the ones that love him :thumbsup: and to the ones that hate him :thumbsdown: . This will go on after Reggie is dead. :nod:

Haire-Bear

Post by Haire-Bear »

I Judged Reggie a few years back in Maine at the Large Pack on Hare Champion of Champions where he took 2nd.,nice running hound. The hound that won was FC Babbit's Smoker(won it twice) and NlPC/FC Nemasket's Big Spring took 3rd. He ran where ever they dropped him, very impressive. Campbell

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

And the pot boils over!!!! Wow some of you guys are the sensitive type aint ya. Great thing about this UNITED STATES of AMERICA, ...... I CAN TYPE OUT MY OPINION, SING SONGS ABOUT MY OPINION, GIVE SPEECHES ON MY OPINION and ......you dont have to like it( im not a very good singer anyway) you dont have to read it, you dont have to respond to it, just say nothing and i will chat with myself. All i can say to you sensitive boys is THE TRUTH HURTS DONT IT???

Reggie and Awful Bawlin Hoser = CULLS
Moneysunk MTN MAN and Awful Bawlin Hoser = about as many AKC FC's as Reggie has total

same female right??? right??? go ahead you can answer......right? what was the difference in those 2 breedings???? Go ahead, you can say it, there was one difference, come on the answer is on the tip of your tongue...... Yep you guessed it, a mass producer versus a top reproducer.

Say what ya want about me...i can take it......STICKS AND STONES BOYS STICKS AND STONES ........ but we all know THE TRUTH HURTS.

Never did i say a bad word about Reggie, i can only assume hes a great one, IMO just not his offspring as far as AKC FC's goes, he probably does have a great number of good rabbit hounds out there, but they didnt hand out a award for that. If i had to pick, im not sure who my 1st choice of studs would be, but i know who wouldnt be MY 1st choice.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

your posts are funny.. I am not defending Reggie at all here, he doesn't need defended. I just think its real funny, that a guy who don't trial is complaining about a dog that hasn't produced the FC's to your likings? When you look at a dog's pedigree there are probably tons of dogs out there that isn't even a FC. I just don't understand why your making a post about FC's not producing FC's when you don't even trial. I can respect that you like good hounds, but there are tons of good hounds out there that don't even get trialed.

Like Mr. Terry Gray said he could care less if you perfer Reggie or not. He's got people who love what they are getting out of Reggie...

Don't breed to him if you don't want to.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I got a percentage question for you!!! What percentage of the pups out of your stud are running in AKC??? Now lets look at the percentage of pups out of Reggie are run in AKC!!! Cause I know they don't just hand out the HOF reproducer in ARHA for nothing!! I sure would like to know how many champions there are in ARHA, UKC,PKC out of Reggie!! I bet its more than the number your stud you keep talking about has, so sure the percentages for AKC appear low but how many are actually trialed in that format!!! But your right who care :shock: s right!!! :bash: :loser:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

littlepackguru

Post by littlepackguru »

likeemfast wrote:Reggie and Awful Bawlin Hoser = CULLS
Moneysunk MTN MAN and Awful Bawlin Hoser = about as many AKC FC's as Reggie has total

same female right???
i hate to admit it but you do have a point there

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Guess i got lost in the smoke :argue: What exactly is the point anyway?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Ya know i thought about this post alot last night, you are saying that reggie did not cross well on a couple of big name bitches. Too that i would say i did breed to a few bitches i considered pretty solid with only average results so i think once again the ones that seem to cross out well are at times unexpected.
I kept up pretty close with reggie way before terry ever owned him, the dog came from my hometown. He was a decent dog too say the least once kevin shelled out the coin and got him to the right trainer he excelled or too me he did, to win the world hunt is a huge accomplishment to say the least, and then to make a lp dog a fc is another step in the ladder.
Once he become a Ifc i really was not surprized, the little dog held true to course. Pretty leveled headed hound that was dropped in all 4 corners of the country. Back to breeding why would he not produce? He has some of the most solid blood out there backing him. Right or wrong? Ya know some day when we are old and grey this will still be debated. Do i own any reggie hounds? No , would i? Probaly There is a few offspring out of him i think pretty highly of. Does my opinion matter ? Absolutly not but i think i know as much as anyone that types on here and forgot more than most. So with that being said Give old Reggie a break he is 10 years old now and lived a beagles dream. Run hard and laid lots reproducer or not. Whats not too like. Just in case you are wondering i think his best cross was probaly Ky Lucky something about that prime time blood, is it will cross well with alot of different studs. I got 2 money wont buy. :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Sorry to get off topic boys but John needs my help. Besides someone with the kennel name of "BORN AGAIN" saying my butt should be culled, ... also you have a problem with reading comprehension. Comprehension means to undertsand in case you dont know. Understand means to "get it" , ..... do you "get it" now john? At no point in time have i ever referred to my stud dog or what my stud dog had or has produced so im not sure what your talking about. So obviously you dont comprehend my posts at times. Can i suggest a Dr Suess book entitled Green Eggs and Ham, its kinda repetitive ( in case you dont "get it" that means over and over again) happens a lot with the same outcome, like breeding to Reggie and not getting FC's, but anyway, ...... its a lot of the same words over and over again but with a meaning to the story. Once you read it and comprehend it ("get it") you can try The Little Train That Could" and that may help you with your inferiority complex toward me, ..... oh im sorry, ...... low self esteem......ummm... ur not on my level("get it") why else would you always have me hitting u with a hammer on ur posts and keep flashing the LOSER sign on your head. Your not a loser John, were all GODS children. The Little Train and his slogan of I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN may help you with that problem too. Stand tall John and be proud and if you dont comprehend (get it ) something when you read it reread it again. I sure hope ive helped you out with your problems. Best of luck.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Man you have helped me figure life out!! I see the light now!! I can't thankyou enough, and as for your stud dog I am referring to the stud dog you keep mentioning!! Have a good day and may your studs you choose be full of FC's!!!

GO REGGIE GO!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Can sum it for you in a nut shell. IDIOT :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

He wnats the beagle world to know it!
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug