AKC and fees for registerations

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bill huttozac

AKC and fees for registerations

Post by bill huttozac »

I just received a Letter from the Director of Registeration Services, AKC disapproving my request for waiver of the increased fee for a Transfer of Registeration Certificate. I am wondering if AKC no longer waivers fee increases or if my request being disapproved was an arbitrary action. Either way, on priciple, I opted not to pay the addional monry and respectifully requested that my dog's Registeration Certificate and the accompanying personal check be returned to me.
Perhaps it is just me, but I believe that AKC is well along the road to priceing it's services out of the marketplace. Since I neither Trial nor raise pups to sell, the lack of papers on this dog's pups will certainly not deminish their quality. In the future, should I find that papers are that important it would be time to consider transferring to another Registry.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: AKC and fees for registerations

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

keep the papers because you can register it anyways through their newish program where they register your dog if you can prove lineage
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.