??Stud for LpWorldCh Jew Knee X LpWorldCh C. R. Honey female

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

shotgunred

??Stud for LpWorldCh Jew Knee X LpWorldCh C. R. Honey female

Post by shotgunred »

I have a red ticked female out of LpWorldCh Abshire's Jew Knee and LpWorldCh Cinnamon Run Honey. She is an upper medium dog that runs a true line. My gyp needs a 1st to champion in Lp and a 5th or better to champion in UKC. I like a fast front running 14 1/2 inch dog preferably red or yellow but I don't have to have those colors. I am trying to figure out what to breed her to when she comes into heat again.

The sires I am CONSIDERING are:
-LpWorldCh Switch A Gear
-HOF Coleman's Roll on Buddy
-LpWorldCh Zig Zag Zoom

I want to know what type of dog these sires are reproducing. There must be a demand for their pups since I can't keep them all. If there is something negative to say, please PM ME!!!!!!!!!!

If you have another sire in mind that will meet my needs stated above, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jon
301-404-9151

Sonny Preece

Re: ??Stud for LpWorldCh Jew Knee X LpWorldCh C. R. Honey fe

Post by Sonny Preece »

Jon......I currently have a Buddy female that is progressing nicely at 12 months of age. Hunt is great, speed is med/fast, nice line control compared to a previous Buddy pup, and no extra mouth. Her smarts is what gets me......as she can either walk it or run it......depends on the track.

I think I have a pup out of your female now. Very fond of that cross!!!
West Virginia

hookset

Post by hookset »

Just my opinion, but I'd breed her to Let Er Rip or Retread.

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

-HOF Coleman's Roll on Buddy

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I have 2 males out of Zoom and both have all day hunt and stamina! No quit in them! They will be 3 next month and are very enjoyable to run! I would give zoom a good look! Just my opinion!

shotgunred

Post by shotgunred »

Thanks guys. Keep'em coming!

Jon
240-286-7282

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Buddy no doubt!

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

What are you wanting to add to your female? Speed, hunt, line control????

Contact crabby......go to my web page under females and look at my I'm a Rockstar females pedigree. Jim and crabby have worked a few nice crosses in her pedigree.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Her Momma crossed awful well with Singlers White Fang Buster right before she died.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Hurry Up Cinnamon Run Punky is a full litermate to your female and has already been bred twice that I know of......once to Reggie, and once to Hurry Up Spanky. Do your home work on those two crosses to see how they are doing. I know I had a pup out of spanky and Punky that was he'll on wheels but I lost him at a young age. Hurry up kennels has a few of them or has started a few and can tell you what they have seen......I would love to have another pup out of that cross....lol

The great crabby has spoken, I would listen to the what he has to say and look hard at that male!

Ttyl,
Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

shotgunred

Post by shotgunred »

sanfordssj wrote:Hurry Up Cinnamon Run Punky is a full litermate to your female and has already been bred twice that I know of......once to Reggie, and once to Hurry Up Spanky. Do your home work on those two crosses to see how they are doing.
Thank you Steve. You have an impressive kennel. Wish I could have ran with u while I was in Ohio. Always "next time" Brother.

LOL :lol: I own Punky /Swamp Waters' Punky Brewster!! Homework was done before the purchase last winter. She was bred to WorldCh Jasper(2pups), WorldCh Reggie(2pups), and GrHbCh Spanky(6pups).
I went out to Ohio to hunt not only with Spanky, but 2 pups from that (Spanky x Punky) cross AND about 3 other great dogs out of Spanky and different females. I had a blast with Brad and "Mom V."
I have had numerous conversations with Crabby, Jim U, T Lee, Lee Cockman, and the list goes on of folks that have handled, judged and hunted Punky and her pups. I have spoken to ALMOST all of the Spanky x Punky pup owners and even a man who was paid to start one. They ALL had nothing but GREAT things to say.

I am not new to breeding hounds. I want to hunt with the sire's offspring from different bred females. That will resemble closer to what I will have; a pup off of him. I will have hunted with a few pups off of the sire in which I choose....... BEFORE I breed. I will have done this to at least 2 sire's offspring due to me loving to have a plan "B."

I do take others opinions to conclude my final decision, esp. if I'm seeking unknown knowledge of other outstanding studs. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and I'm compiling a list as we "type" Lol.

Punky is not due back in heat til this fall.

Keep Em' Coming
Thank You All,
Jon Stevenson
301-404-9151

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Jon, you're always welcome to use Scarface. I have pups running out of two different females you can watch run. One of those females is out of Punky.
Very good chance you'll get some redticks to. ;)
Just a suggestion!

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Take her to Buddy. I will take a pup. The Honey Buddy cross sure mad some high flying dogs. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

shotgunred

Post by shotgunred »

Thanks a lot Jim and Lee.

I see there are a lot of Buddy fans out here. :D :D

I am quite impressed with my female who is out of Buddy x Kiki (buddy granddaughter)

Jon

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Hi Jon

One thing to to also think about. Buddy is the oldest and up in age. Time may be limited. The other 2 have many years of breeding ahead of them. :crossfingers:

You can't go wrong with either choice. All are fine males.

Troy