Old cross! Just wondering!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

old school

Old cross! Just wondering!

Post by old school »

Swartz BigTime and Gibsons Mozark BeBe. This was a good cross, with good results any you ol timers see any these pups go. Just thinking back to dogs of old days. BeBe was a nice gyp.

Little Indian Creek

Re: Old cross! Just wondering!

Post by Little Indian Creek »

Not really an ol timer lol but I believe a buddy of mine used to own BeBe at one time and a gyp out of her and Big Time called Misty Morning, Never got to see either one of them go but heard a lot of good things about both of them. There is still some off springs of this cross running around here.

old school

Post by old school »

Thanks for the reply. I ran against BeBe way back when, she was a real nice gyp. I would like to talk to someone that still has this line of dogs. My hunting buddy had a gyp out of this cross and she was a real nice rabbit dog, the hardest hunting beagle I have ever seen. Once again thanks. My number is 580-236-0602 if someone with this line would like to talk. Thanks.

chris83

Post by chris83 »

I seen one dog from this cross go "oldhams misty morning" I think was the name. She was a super nice female, one of the nicest lookig tri color females I have seen. She was bred to lpgrbc, lpgrrc Duddings Duke. I dont remember how many pups there was but I ran with two of them, and one of them alot. Super rabbit hound would fetch rabbits all day long like his daddy. These were all great dogs. Never seen bebee go it was before my time. Seems like these are the kind of dogs people got away from because they wanted a crazyer kind of dog for the big running ground with tons of rabbits and now that people "handlers and judges" have figured out that thy cant circle a rabbit by there self if they had to, these are the kind of dogs people are going back to. Man the good ole days.
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

old school

Post by old school »

Well said Chris83. Some often wonder and debate if hounds are better today than back when, well I would say that there may be overall more competitive type dogs today, but I wouldn't say they were better rabbit dogs. I have seen certain hounds and bloodlines of today run and there is some nice hounds, but I believe I saw more outstanding dogs back in the 90's, dogs that just stuck out or would destroy a cast of hounds. These type of dogs one doesn't easliy forget. Just my two cents worth.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

You may want to contact Chad Grey he goes by B2B On here, he probaly has as pure of big time blood as anyone out there.
I judged Big Time back when we had 2 hour cast in lp. He really did not look impressive till about 30 mins into the cast and then he would just start clicking them checks off. Nice Hound seen him destroy cast.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.