Good Friend Gone! RIP:

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

old school

Good Friend Gone! RIP:

Post by old school »

I was informed early this morning that my really good friend and hunting partner Jacob James had passed away in his sleep. Jacob was one of the best houndsmen that I ever knew, he always had a knack for telling when a dog was, as he put it "right". Jacob done most of his field trialing in the 90's, he won and place in numerous hunts (Big Fives and State hunts)including winnning the World Hunt, twice. Dogs from his line that others owned also won and placed in many field trials. He helped me get my start in beagling as a young teenager, we developed a friendship through the enjoyment of beagling. Jacob was one of a kind, loud, confident, and loved to talk, but would give the shirt off his back to someone who needed it. I am really going to miss my friend and hope to carry on his line of beagles, if the Lord lets me. I know most beaglers have friends like this, so count it a blessing and enjoy the time we have to hunt with them.

EARL BRUNER

Re: Good Friend Gone! RIP:

Post by EARL BRUNER »

i am so sorry to hear about Jacob James. back when he was trailing he was one to beat for sure. he bought a weaning pup from me one time called Bruners Nip . he won the world with that dog. he was truly a real houndsman . one of the best. R.I.P.my friend. how old was he. i was thinking middle 50's. he told me one time that he was kin to Jesse James back several generations.

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Sorry to hear about Jacob. He was one a real nice guy and a true houndsman...
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

B2B

Post by B2B »

Sorry to hear ths Tyge RIP Jacob :angel:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I didn't think Jacob was that old.
So sorry to hear this, Jacob was a real nice gentleman.
He loved his beagles and his bassets. I remember him and Rod from Mich. with their basset hounds.
Rest in peace old friend...

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

What? I have known Jacob for years a true competitor I think he actually went to bassest hounds. So sorry to hear this great guy.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Mandi Schafer

Post by Mandi Schafer »

im very sorry to hear about your friend my paryers go out to you and his family.

old school

Post by old school »

Thanks for all the comments guts, he was truly a great houndsmam. He never did get rid of all his beagles when he got bassets, truthfully he was just looking for a challenge with the bassets, is what he told me. Said to make a hound out of a basset was a real challenge. Sure going to miss the man.

taxidermyteacher

Post by taxidermyteacher »

I was very sorry and suprised to hear about Jacob. I knew him well back in the 80's and early 90's. He actually repped for us and sold our chaps and coats back in the day. Jacob and Rita traveled many miles field trialing back then. I'm a little ashamed that over the years I didn't stay in better touch with him. I can still see that grin that those of you that knew him remember. He was a great houndsman and competitor.

I always liked his Coco dog. She was a little powerhouse. Cherokee Bell was one of the most beautiful beagles I ever laid eyes on. He tried to get me into Bassets. I couldn't go in that direction, but, a couple of the finest beagles I ever fed, were JRK bred. I still have JRK blood in my hounds.

My thoughts and prayers go to Jacob and his family.

Chip Stamper
Honeyrun Beagles

Jim Stinnett

Post by Jim Stinnett »

RIP JACOB!
BRIAR BUSTEN BEAGLES
jstinnett@upgen.us
AKC & NKC REGISTERED BEAGLES
LAKE VILLAGE, IN
HOME OF: BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER
PCH CHAMPION / GRAND SHOW CHAMPION

chris herpin

Post by chris herpin »

Just got the news about Jacob. It's funny how news travel from Oklahoma to Kentucky to Texas. I met Jacob in 1999 through Don McCutchen and he helped us start our club in Texas. Jacob knew his stuff about a dog and was willing to teach you what he knew. If he was your friend you had a real friend. I had the pleasure to stay with him and hunt with him in Oklahoma and created memories that I'll always remember. RIP Jacob you were really the man.
chase em then waste em