Re: BURNS MY *** here is the kennel I went too

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

So I dropped my dogs off to a starting pen that I seemed pretty legit... They were nice had good facilities and had some pretty well known hounds.. The day before I drop them off I say, I just bathed them with flea and tick shampoo, wormed them, ivomeced them, had their rabies shots and the kennel cough shot.. I tell her I have not put on frontline (termidor) because your supposed to wait till the dogs are dried off. She says, thats ok we have some here and you won't need to bring yours..

My fiance picks my dogs up three weeks later and calls me CRYING HYSTERICALLY that our dogs need a vet ASAP and are covered in ticks and infections... I said calm down how bad can it be... When she got home I looked at the dogs and I am not exaggerating one bit when I say there were over 300 ticks or more on each dog and they had em in their eyes so bad one dog couldn't even see!!! they had 25 each or more on their anus and so many on their ears you could not HONEST TO GOD FEEL EAR..

The guy told my fiance that they called vet and the vet said, "do not put frontline on them because they would over dose if i gave them some".. BULLS*** So instead the day before i get there they dump GALLONS of 7 dust on my dogs and kill the ticks (most of them) but leave the things on the dogs. Keep in mind these are both SHOW QUALITY HOUNDS and both parents are GRCH and nearly GRHBCH.. I callled him up and he gives me this line about working with these dogs more than in all his 30+ years of rabbit hunting and offers to send my money back if I promised not to sue him or call animal control.. I took pics and had my vet write a report on it anyways.. UNFRIGGIN EXCUSABLE!! The pic you see is after TWO BATHS and a combing--- the ticks fell off for days.. both of them are healing but are missing huge chunks of hair and are going to be ruined from the bench in all likelihood. Had to give them antibiotics because one of the dogs had a fever and my vet thought it was all the ticks overwhelming his system.. NO DOG SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE THIS.. AT LEAST CALL AND SAY HEY BRING OVER THE FRIGGEN MEDICINE IF YOU DIDNT WANNA COVER THE 5 DANG BUCKS!
Attachments
dog pen.jpg
dog pen.jpg (179.67 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
Last edited by Mo. Beagler 5000 on Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Jwagner

Re: BURNS MY ***

Post by Jwagner »

Whats his name? let people know, so maybe their dogs wont end up like this. This is nothing but pure laziness. The man shouldn't be running dogs for people, if he can't take care of them. I bet his own personal dogs didn't look like that.

Mo. Beagler 5000

HE** no they didn't I inspected them before i dropped mine off... I haven't name dropped yet cause I am waiting for the animal control officer to tell me what they are gonna do...

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Unbelievable, What a crock .. :censored: ....
Hope everything turns out well for you and your dogs
Last edited by RunninHard on Fri May 25, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

lebro

Post by lebro »

it is amazing what some people will do to make or save a buck. hope your dogs turn out all right.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

:angryfire: OVERDOSE ? How about an overdose of tics ???
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

mobeag, that sucks. Hope they come out of it alright. Hair grows back. Don't give up on the bench just yet.

MaineDogs

Post by MaineDogs »

WOW i feel bad for them pups, as i have read plenty of your post and know you will take good care of this issue im sure they will turn out good. Once the animal control officer is done with his, i would go after him for vet bills, and any other thing you can pin to is lazy a$$. its people like that, that get HSUS and PETA involved and harm our lively hood, and for that reason and for the sake of any other dog that may end up with them you should get him fried in every way possible.

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

ya. I can't believe he didn't at least try to pick them off on a daily basis.....
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

steve w

Post by steve w »

MaineDogs wrote:WOW i feel bad for them pups, as i have read plenty of your post and know you will take good care of this issue im sure they will turn out good. Once the animal control officer is done with his, i would go after him for vet bills, and any other thing you can pin to is lazy a$$. its people like that, that get HSUS and PETA involved and harm our lively hood, and for that reason and for the sake of any other dog that may end up with them you should get him fried in every way possible.
I agree, we all need to think about the repurcussions of our actions. There's always somebody out there and not just the HSUS or PETA waiting to make us pay for our slip ups or wrongs.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: BURNS MY *** name dropping now

here is the website of the place I went.. Animal control basically said they weren't doing anything yet and its up to the prosecutor.. so in order to make sure this don't happen to anyone else I am gonna post this. I hate doing it because I think beaglers need to stick together and maybe this was a one time incident but once is TOO MUCH

http://claytonkennels.webs.com/aboutus.htm

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Ticks are a reality this time of year. I use frontline and primetherin spray and tick dust and still remove lots of ticks. If you run your dog all night 2or3 nights a week as I do you must deal with ticks. At least you know the Guy was running your pups. I have to pull all the ticks off me before my wife will let me in the house. Just one of the challenges of running dogs i n the south. In the summer. Kill the ticks...leave the authorities out of it and move on.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

mjd

Post by mjd »

mybeagles wrote:Ticks are a reality this time of year. I use frontline and primetherin spray and tick dust and still remove lots of ticks. If you run your dog all night 2or3 nights a week as I do you must deal with ticks. At least you know the Guy was running your pups. I have to pull all the ticks off me before my wife will let me in the house. Just one of the challenges of running dogs i n the south. In the summer. Kill the ticks...leave the authorities out of it and move on.

Mybeagles
X2

Mitch DeVore

Post by Mitch DeVore »

If you run dogs any length of time this time of year then ticks are a never ending battle. Every dog I have sent to a starting pen looked kinda of poor when I got them back but they were started. Fed them up for a couple weeks and they were ready to go. Would you rather him turn them in the pen for a couople hours then give them a bath and put them back in the kennel ? In everyones mind no one takes as good of care of a dog as the owner. Maybe you should wait and start them in the winter when tere are no ticks or maybe start them yourself.

Dillinger09

Post by Dillinger09 »

I don't know how anyone of you guys are justifying Clayton kennels! This to would "tick"( ;) ) me off!!! I'm sure its a battle in the south with the whole tick thing, but he didn't do to much as far as a warning and or preventative to help this guys dogs out! When in fact he's dogs were taken care of in a different matter.And I'm about positive any of you will not be visiting this facility after this thread! So before anyone gets macho houndsmen on here , this particular event was rather wrong!

Beagler, good luck with your hounds! And as far as the bench goes I thought the hounds battle scars where over looked as there a working dog?