Black Gold

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LR Patch

Re: Black Gold

Post by LR Patch »

Sportsman Pride was mentioned , I've fed this feed for around 10 yrs and I like it. I fed Pro-Plan until purnia sold out to Nestles , it was a good feed as well until then & I feel it's quailty went down . I have very little stool with Sportsman Pride & dog look & hold up really well , also like was said I reduce the amount fed in hot weather as some of my dogs burn up but some don't . like all feed it has increased in price started out around $15 /50lb back then & now is $25 / 50 lb , but over 10 yrs what aint went up ?
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Well, I been feedin Diamond for 5 yrs now & haven't had a prob., although now It seems like theres more poop. What I buy is made in Meta, Mo. so I'm not concerned about the recall stuff. But I been thinkin about makin a change. My prob is. Diamond is the highest quality food (no corn) (reasonably priced) I can find in my area. I looked into Sportmix, & it lists corn as the second ingredient.
I would have to go along ways to get Black Gold. Purina One is good quality, but my dogs didn't care for the taste that much. So, idk. :???:
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Black Gold has corn as the 2nd ingredient also... So I guess corn isn't that bad in diet?
Panther Creek Beagles

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

Jakeboy said
Househound check out there website it is very helpful and they have all the ingrediants on there. blackgolddogfood.
:check:

I like the ingredients but can't find anyone near by that carries it. :(

I will stick with Authority for now but always like to know what else it out there.

thanks
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Every company puts some money into advertising. Black Gold sponsors a few events and programs. They have a strong product so putting it in the hands of those who succeed at a given venue is a great way to advertise a quality product. I won a bunch and learned it is excellent feed. Hard to get where I live so I stick with Purina because it is also excellent and is easy to find. The Performance is expensive. Purina also does sponsorship and lots of TV adds. They also do lots of research.,,,, Don't mind paying some for that stuff as long as I have a quality feed and my dogs have the health and stamina to compete after all the running, breeding, travelling, etc. Would seem silly to me to spend lots of money on everything else that goes with the sport and then have second rate performance for the sake of saving a couple bucks on a months supply of feed. Not all the dogs at my house get the same feed. Depends on their activity level. weather conditions. etc. Both Black Gold and Purina have excellent customer service and a variety of quality feeds to meet a range of variables. Dan M
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Well, I just dropped off 2 pups at a starting pen for a month, & he'll be feeding my pups Black Gold. I picked up a bag of Black Gold tonight & will be switchin my 4 dogs I have at home over to Black Gold. We'll see what happens!
Panther Creek Beagles

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I have to house hounds/ hunting hounds I feed blue 30 bag is 45 dollars but it's good stuff.
TheJohnBirchSociety