Black Gold

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jakeboy

Black Gold

Post by Jakeboy »

I was feeding diamond performance for the last two years and decided to switch with all the problems they are having. I started feeding the black bag of Black Gold and i wish i would have done this years ago. Nothing against diamond but in two weeks of feeding black gold i can see the difference already. Coats are beautiful and there is half the waste I would recomend it to anyone.

Househounds

Re: Black Gold

Post by Househounds »

Jakeboy,
Could you please tell us exactly what it says on the bag. I am not familiar with Black Gold but am curious about what others feed that works. I see Black Gold has a signature series and would like to know if it is that one or the other kind. I switched to Authority from Kirkland due to recall also.

thanks

Steve
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I fed Black Gold for 2 yrs but had to switch when it went to $40 a bag, I feed Sport Mix now, Only place in town that carried Black Gold are closed now
If I could I would go back to Black Gold its a GREAT feed IMO

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

I also fed black gold 26/18 (Black bag) but when the price kept going up everytime I went to get it I just couldn't afford it anymore. It was a great feed and I never had any problems with it. I've switched to Sportsmans Pride 26/18 and haven't had any problems with it yet either.

beaglerof4

Post by beaglerof4 »

I used to feed it..and loved it!!. My nearest place to get it now is 2 hrs away so I feed Southern State Active and have had good luck with it also.

JJWI

Post by JJWI »

I fed Black Gold for many years. The dealer I got it from quit getting it and started pushing Pzazz dog food. I fed Diamond for a while then a friend of mine became the distributor for Ultra Advantage dog food. I have been feeding the 26/18 for about 7 years now and it is the best feed I have ever fed. Less waste than Black Gold and almost half the price. $25 a bag now.

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

Problem I have with Black Gold and a few others is: If they would just produce a good feed at a good price, they would sell tons, but they choose to sponsor big hunts(UKC) with big prize packages. Who do you think is paying for their promotion....you.
So the next time you buy a bag, think of the nice prizes(satin jackets, plastic trophy, that you have help to provide.

Dave

smokedawg

Post by smokedawg »

I have always fed the black gold performance 26/18 black bag. Dogs do well on it especially if I am running them heavy. Feed store in town sells it. It just went up to $31.40 for a 50 lb bag. Was $29.90 last month. Still the new price comes out 63 cents a pound. Not to bad for me as I like the 50lb bags and live 2 miles from the feed store so I can still justify using it. If it goes up to much too soon though, I will look into an alternative type of feed. Right now I am feeding the Black gold 21/12 as we run a lot in this heat and I was having a problem with the dogs getting too hot too fast. So far, the lower protein and fat in the feed seems to have helped with the overheating problem. Around my area I havent had much luck finding a good quality feed for less than 50 to 60 cents a pound but I am always looking as I feed 8 hounds year round.

Jakeboy

Post by Jakeboy »

I pay $30 a bag for the black bag. This seems to be the best bang for the buck. A lot of the cheaper stuff seems to be garbage. Househound check out there website it is very helpful and they have all the ingrediants on there. blackgolddogfood.com

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

i'm a fan of blackgold but it is getting to be very expensive
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Dave Swiger wrote:Problem I have with Black Gold and a few others is: If they would just produce a good feed at a good price, they would sell tons, but they choose to sponsor big hunts(UKC) with big prize packages. Who do you think is paying for their promotion....you.
So the next time you buy a bag, think of the nice prizes(satin jackets, plastic trophy, that you have help to provide.

Dave

I would argue that promoting a sport DOES make them sell more bags therefore LOWERING the price... Its supply and demand. By giving away prizes people think... ooooh if i feed that my dogs could win that even subconsciously therefore creating demand for a product that wasn't there before.

I could make the best food in the world but if people don't know its there and I don't advertise Im gonna have to sell it for 500 a bag or go out of the dog food industry..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

Well Mo you just keep on buyin and feeding, but its not getting any cheaper. If you go back and read this thread a lot are complaining about the price. I bet you havnt seen them drop the price...they will keep guttin you out. You can have my share.
And if you think that because you pay a higher price for the feed it makes it better and you will have super dogs, boy you are in for a surprise.
Dave

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

The price increase is mostly due to the increase of gas prices from 1.40 a few years ago to 3.40+ today and the rising cost of meat.. Can't blame blackgold for gas prices. Other manufactures are also increasing their prices. Even ol roy went up a few bucks...

My only point was that advertising is a good thing for a company and they dont pay for it with free money but it does help their bottom line and too stay in business. I just happen to enjoy the prize packages they offer even though I will never win one and dont see them spending more than diamond or purina especially on prize packages. Its the nature of the beast. Better giving the money back to sportsman than some Jack*** peta lover at nbc or cbs..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

mobeagler5001

Post by mobeagler5001 »

guys your beating your heads on the ground talking to mobeagler5000 his name is kenneth storla just google it lol it will tell you everything you need to know about him.

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

Is this the honorable mayor that they are talking about?

Dave