Evert's Clearfork Joe RIP

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

taxidermyteacher

Evert's Clearfork Joe RIP

Post by taxidermyteacher »

Cliff Everts recenly lost his Joe dog. Joe was one of the finest hounds that I had the pleasure of running my dogs against. Joe was the same dog, everytime you turned him loose. I saw him run many times. I can honestly say that win or lose, I never saw him look bad. He was a rabbit dog all the way through. He was what beagles are supposed to be. Joe lived a long life. I know Cliff enjoyed hunting him many years. He was a truly great rabbit dog.

Chip Stamper
Honeyrun Beagles
Last edited by taxidermyteacher on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackwater

Re: Evert's Clearfork Joe RIP

Post by Blackwater »

I had a chance to buy Joe before Cliff did, and I kicked myself everytime he beat my dog(which was a lot). The only way to describe Joe was "true rabbit dog". Easy on the eyes, great mouth, good nose and TONS of hunt! He was nothing flashy, but Joe never ever beat himself. He will be one of those dogs I'll find when I get to Heaven, just to watch run again.
Casey Cunningham
Blackwater Beagles
La Monte, MO

square E beagles

Post by square E beagles »

Never had the chance to run with Joe but always heard good things.Sorry to hear that cliff

salt ridge

Post by salt ridge »

Sad to hear of Joe's passing. I know Joe was old, but you are never ready to give up a hound of Joe' caliber. I had the pleasure of judging Ol' Joe on many occasions, and he always gave a good account of himself. He was a good looking, good sounding, and a fine all around rabbit hound that anyone would be proud to own. Sorry for your loss Cliff.