What a hoot to watch

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hare Hunter

What a hoot to watch

Post by Hare Hunter »

Just thought I'd share a reoccuring event with my 2 males. They are father and son, they are 16 months and 4 years old. The father is a natural retriever, not something I taught him, just started doing so on his own, well anyway when the pup was old enough to gun over he saw his daddy carrying the hare to me and thought he would like to get in on the act, now, if I don't pick up the hare, they get in a tugging match with it, they don't try to eat it as much as they both want to bring it to me, yesterday they actually brought it together, it was about half skined but they didn't tear it up. It was a pleasure to watch and after I wiped the tears from my eyes from laughing I gave them both a treat and sent them on their way to "get one up". Thanks for listening, just that sometimes I just think others would like to share good times even if they couldn't be there.
Earl Holbrook

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

What a photo opportunity that would have been!

Vickie

Post by Vickie »

Congratulations on your retrievers, Earl! If you ever want a young female to run up there for awhile, let me know. I have a 1 year old I hope to field trial someday.

Enjoy the easy life!

Vickie at FFES

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Vickie, what is she out of? Is she out of Shaker, I have a 18 month female out of Shaker, she has some talent but sometimes don't like to pack. The older male is out of Buell Johnsons Trimmer dog and the pups mother is out of Waiska River Maximum Effort. This is the only pups he has on the ground but I have two guys coming this winter to breed some females, they watched these guys run for 5 or 6 days this fall and want some of what they saw.
Earl Holbrook

Vickie

Post by Vickie »

Earl,

She's out of a young female I have out of a double bred Indian Hills Majer by Larsen's Stormie (a son of Striker). Her father is Larsen's Rambler out of Sand County Penney by Tallgrass Flash Boy. She's a blue beagle. She spent about a month in the starting pen at Dale's and he sent her home early. She was getting too good. He was very impressed with her and said everybody that saw her couldn't believe she wasn't a male. One of her brothers is going to be field trialed too. He is exceptional. I have Rambler up now waiting to get some more puppies like her.

I'm going to get a shock collar soon and get her out running around here. She is super smart and a joy to be around. What's your email address and I can send a copy of her pedigree and a picture of her.

Good luck and maybe I can get her to fetching too!

Vickie

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Vickie, my email is sisu@portup.com Looking forward to seeing the picture, I have seen some of Larsons breeding and have been impressed for the most part. Are you sure you would want to trust me with a dog that is that good? lol I might fall in love and not want to give her back. lol
Earl Holbrook

Vickie

Post by Vickie »

I would trust you with her. You would be entitled to a puppy(s) just like her or pups out of her. You might fall in love with her, but then we'll have to share! lol

Vickie