Top Producing Non-Champion Stud/Dam

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jamie Rice

Top Producing Non-Champion Stud/Dam

Post by Jamie Rice »

Almost 100% of the time when we do these polls and give our opinions on whom we think are the best producing stud or dam alike, in most cases our choice is always a champion. However with that being said I know there's several hounds out there that never finish themselves, but have produced champions(not that that is the only thing that clarifies a great producer) and great rabbithounds as well. Therefore in a spinoff of the original question, please give some opinions on some great producers that weren't champions themselves.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

liquidcooled

Post by liquidcooled »

You guys probably never heard of these hounds Pinsents Ernie & Shano's Carol Wong both not of Champion status, They had a litter of 4 pups . Two finished as champs . the other 2 were great gun dogs. :roll:
Release the hound's

Whacko

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

Willow Run Tuffy.... :!:

Post by Guest »

liquid :.Is ernie related to Coppertop?

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Well I would say I can think of a couple, there are probably more to mention but these two come to mind first.

Reffett's Ky. Mtn. Sampson, not sure about his akc producing record, but I know he has consistently produced arha champions and good rabbit dogs in general from what I have seen.

Branko's Baba Louie, like Gwells said in another post he was not trialed due to his size, but with limited breedings because of his untimely death, he had shown to have power to reproduce.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Kevin Hamilton

Post by Kevin Hamilton »

I would have to say Reffett's Ky Mtn Sampson, I have not seen a bad dog off of him, not saying they don's exist.
My male Shady Hills Comanche has not been bred much but overall is throwing some good rabbit dogs, However my wife works weekends and I have the honor and privledge to watch my daughter. Just my opinion

liquidcooled

Post by liquidcooled »

Guest, I do believe it's his half brother. As both hounds are out of ftch Chess Roses Baisl.
Release the hound's

Whacko

Post by Guest »

Sorry Liquid I forgot to sign my post.

J.Murphy/Murphy's Kennel

guest 33

Post by guest 33 »

The greatest of all time, Anna's Ann.

MasonsBeagles

?

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Reffetts KY Mtn Sampson
KingsWood Trex
Pine Mt. Chester (NKC Champion)

Steve C.

Post by Steve C. »

Doverhill Jim's Daisy Mae and Harehaven Tiger.

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

Gay Baker

Big Dog

best non champion stud

Post by Big Dog »

I would have to say Pink's Little Buger Man and Manuel's Missy not many will recognize these names but many who run arha Little Pack will recognize their off spring. HOF GRRCh Swartz Big Time, GRRCh Twin a Buck, HOF GRRCh Swartz Briar Patch Biff, and their was a female that was a grand that I believe was killed by an alligator in Florida. This was one litter. The cross was made 3 or 4 times, and resulted in a bunch of arha LP Rabbit Champions and GRRChs. Not bad for two no names. Their are 5 dogs out of this line currently in the ARHA LP Hall of Fame, and one more very close.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

kytrapper

Post by kytrapper »

out of what ive seen ol' sampson consistantly throws good dogs, i know of several that are grand rabbit champions and several rabbit champions and some of the just plain best gun dogs ive ever hunted with

BJK

Post by BJK »

I agree with KPrice, Gay Baker