VA or surrounding states - Trainer/handler SPO?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Lane Rae

VA or surrounding states - Trainer/handler SPO?

Post by Lane Rae »

Hi All!

I need to locate a trustworthy person that starts pups and conditions and runs dogs in SPO events. I would consider UKC events also but for sure want my dog(s) run in AKC venue.
My dogs are my life and love and I want someone that undestand the value of them as my companions as well as competition dogs. I want the person to actually take my dogs out
and run them to see how they run and not just leave them in a pen alone for lengths of time. I want them to be fed well, kept in clean runs with fresh water and treated well. I will
supply food, flea and tick preventative and pay all entries and board and training fee of course.

If anyone knows of a trainer and handler that I may be interested in I have at least one adult that is talented and ready to run and several up and coming pups that need to be started.
I would like to attend a field event to meet the person and enter my dog so he can see what I have currently. I would prefer to stay in VA, KY, OH, PA, MD and NC but will consdier
traveling farther for the right trainer.

Please contact me at coldwaterlabs@yahoo.com or laneraebeagles@yahoo.com (my beagle email I rarely use)
Or call (prefer email) 540-377-9080 and don't leave a message. Call until I answer because I do not get my messages some time.

Thank you,
Alayne Hartuniewicz
Raphine VA
www.laneraebeagles.com

T LEE

Re: VA or surrounding states - Trainer/handler SPO?

Post by T LEE »

Hi Lane Rae

What speed and bloodline are your dogs??

I live in NC and know of 3 AKC SPO clubs. They are very , very , Conservative. They run a foot speed of 4 or 5 . The Mid-West AKC SPO clubs run a faster style dog. That may be your best bet if your dogs have some foot to them. There is some discussion of starting a Mid-West style AKC club here in NC.

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

Your best bet in the SPO trials would be to visit the ESPO Magazine board two names that come to mind that I have used with GOOD Sucess are Victor Lacks from Va and a real good young trainer/handler Chad Mullinix from PA.

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

GrandSlam Kennels

Post by GrandSlam Kennels »

Victor Lacks in VA.
Carl Blue
http://www.grandslamkennels.webs.com
Facebook/ GrandSlam Kennels
Abbotts Run Em Over Saint( Run-Em-Over Tank)
Midnights Image of Smoke(FC Big Dog El Diablo)
Dixie Girl(Turbo Powered by Prop)

mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

Adam Keith does a good job for quite a few guys in VA. He comes up to PA and NY to run AKC SPO trials in the NEBGF. He had a dog on the cover of Better Beagling a month or two ago. If you need contact info, let me know and I can PM it.

Thanks, Mike