What happened to the Mcvay Hunt?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

What happened to the Mcvay Hunt?

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Where did it go?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Re: What happened to the Mcvay Hunt?

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Jimmy,
After the announcement from UKC on their board there was a decision made to remove the McVay Memorial Hunt thread. The decision was made because we thought there had been enough negitivity and we wanted more of a positive outlook on beagleing, the McVay Memorial hunt and UKC as a whole. It was my understanding that there would be a new McVay Memorial hunt thread started very soon to answer questions and discuss this hunt in a positive way. Dont worry....the old thread was not deleted and can be brought back if the need arises. Lets just say it has been put away for safe keeping.
On a side note I applaud UKC for there swift actions on this matter and I think they are making some progress in cleaning things up but I think there is still work to be done in this area. Time will tell and like the old saying goes......The arc wasnt built in a day!
Crane Creek Kennels

jimb1069

Re: What happened to the Mcvay Hunt?

Post by jimb1069 »

Aaron,

I understand the reasoning behind removing the Mcvay Hunt thread and I understand why everyone was so upset with what went down. But what I don't understand is how fast this persons information was handed over. I don't care either way but this forum is loaded with negative comments and bad mouthing. Does each member of this forum have that same privilege to receive the hidden information when someone badmouths them or another format? I understand this person was a representative for UKC and should be held to higher standards but 90% of the people on this board speak freely under a user name and from my time of being on this board this was a milder case of badmouthing. With that said I commend Mr. Mcvay for requesting the thread to be removed. No sense in beating a dead horse.
MLB