RESPECT OF OTHERS OPPINIONS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BLACKBART

RESPECT OF OTHERS OPPINIONS

Post by BLACKBART »

WHAT CAUSES A MAN TO NOT BE ABLE TO SAY, YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND I MAY BE WRONG.
EGO, COMPETETIVENESS, VANITY, PRIDE, MONEY, LOVE OF AN ARGUEMENT OR JUST HONESTLY NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER.
I'M NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING, JUST QURIOUS, AS IN MY 61 YRS I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT.
BELIEVE ME I'M NOT IMMUNE FROM ANY OF THESE AND HAVE AT ONE TIME POSSESED ALL THE ABOVE. ANY HELP IN GETTING WELL WILL CERTAINLY BE RESPECTED
AND USED TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY.
WITH RESPECT TO ALL.

Randy Phipps

Re: RESPECT OF OTHERS OPPINIONS

Post by Randy Phipps »

Blackbart,
I think you answered your own question with your second sentence. I've always heard it takes a big man to admit when he has done wrong........
Feed and hunt what you like!

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Maybe typing in all caps or prefacing each point with the fact you have been doing this for 60 years..... :lol:

Many will object just for objection sake. Many hold opions that they have been told to hold regardless of any personal experience. Sometimes there is not always one right or wrong answer. Sometimes you just consider the source and move on.

Short answer: Pride and arrogance so perfectly displayed by our elected officials.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

It seems like in our society today alot of lip service is given to tolerance and understanding.Good maners many times are looked on as old fashoned or unnessary.There are folks that would rather argue than eat,most of the time it isn't so much about the issue as it is the reaction they can get out of others.Everyone has their own ideas,and values about things from food,politics,religion,women,men,race,dogs.....the list goes on and on.And I could strike up a argument on any one of these subjects...would that make me right No just a different oppinion based on my owne values and ideas.This is a great place to share info.and ideas.Also a good format for confrontation as long as a person stays within the rules of the board.We as beaglers have much more in comon regardless of the style of hound that we prefer.It will be what we make of it positive or negative a place to share info.or to stir up a arguement when we get bored or disagree.

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Low self-esteem and humility are not the same. Only a person who has a strong sense of self-worth can be humble. People with low self-esteem are so vulnerable that even the smallest embarrassment is a threat...admitting a mistake is nearly impossible...helping others is a blow to the ego...and humility is inconceivable. Behind every criticism is a frustration. Behind every frustration is hurt and fear. Behind every hurt and fear is a childhood wound. We as individuals do our part by encouraging self-esteem. Leading by showing others it is all right to be wrong or to make a mistake. We must have compassion for others but, even more so, we must have compassion for ourselves.

BLACKBART

Post by BLACKBART »

B.B.B. YOU HAVE ANSWERED A QUESTION I HAVE LONG PONDERED, AND MAY I SAY EXTREMELY WELL.
I NOW HAVE INSIGHT THAT I NEVER HAD BEFORE.
THANK YOU.
DO PEOPLE WITH LOW SELF ESTEEM, SEEM TO ALWAYS NEED TO FEED THERE EGO TO FEEL ADEQUATE.

bucks better beagles

Bart, these are serious questions that most people would be uneasy about discussing but it is your thread so we can talk about anything. Low self-esteem is an issue suffered by a majority of people but it goes unacknowledged. A person with high self-esteemed doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Therefore, they are at ease with themselves. They graciously admit their blunders and mistakes. They recognize that triumph and disaster are two sides to the same coin and both are impostors. Ergo, no ego.

Low self-esteem manifests itself in many and varied ways. Outward pumping up of the ego is only one way. This is not generally a destructive trait although it may be annoying to others. The real problem occurs when a person retreats into themselves and engagement with the world becomes unbearable.

The good news is that you already know how to help these people. Treat them with respect. Let them know that the are as worthy as any other child of God. Slowly punch away at their walls of denial and delusion. Know the difference between having fun with others (as on this board) and having fun at the expense of another.

Perhaps (probably), I have given a lot more opinion than I should have. You are a thoughtful and good man, Stay in the game!

KyBeagleGuy09

Post by KyBeagleGuy09 »

B B B i have never met you but after reading your responses i would like to meet you. Y ou sound like a man that has true compassion for the human race and in todays time thats what this country needs i have got to where i cant stand to watch the news always some kid or elderly person being bullied more people should stand up for whats is right thanks for your comments

BLACKBART

Post by BLACKBART »

BBB
THANKS FOR THE RESPECT AND ENCOURAGEMENT, AS YOU KNOW PERSONALLY WHAT AND WHO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH. I WOULD I LIKE TO IN SAY,IN MY EYES YOU ARE
ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND COMPASSION MEN THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVELEDGE TO MEET. I SINCERELY THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CALL YOU,
MY FRIEND. IT IS AN HONOR.

jim matuszewski

Post by jim matuszewski »

you know what they say about oppinions, there like a$$holes everybodys got one :D a persons oppinion is not a bad thing it's the peolpe that think that theres is the only one that matters.

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

WHAT CAUSES A MAN TO NOT BE ABLE TO SAY, YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND I MAY BE WRONG.
Same thing that makes alligators ornery, an enlarged Medulla Oblongatta!!!!

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Buck, You may be exactly what we need here, someone well -rounded enough to answer some of the tougher questions. Kind of like a Dear Abby. Let me give you an opportunity to help me with a recent problem.

Dear Buck, My beagle who I keep in the house, recently used the bathroom on the floor, scattered trash all over the Kitchen, jerked all of the drapes in the house down and ate a big hole in the Sofa. The wife started in on me about getting rid of all of the dogs , mowing the lawn , fixing up some of the broken things around the house, visiting her mother with her on Saturdays, and going to Church on Sunday. I have dealt with this disgusting behavior in the following manner, I slapped a shock collar on her, soaked her down with the water hose, and Made her sleep in the outside kennel all night, my question is; What should I do to the Dog!

bucks better beagles

Dear Gw:

You are far beyond my mortal power to advise. You did all the right things. Now it is just a matter of getting another dog. You also bring joy to those who take things a little too serious. You said your wife reads these things. Please tell her I feel her pain.

Buck