Do Good Dogs Go To Heaven

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: Do Good Dogs Go To Heaven

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

SLZR=-- I never once said you could do what you wanted and be saved.. if fact my school of thought is opposite, I cant do what i want because the bible warns me that if I do I could fall away... Paul says to work it out with fear and trembling. It doesn't make sense that god gives us free will to die and then when we get saved he steals our free will to go to hell if we choose... most people 99 percent I would say never wanna turn away but the 1 percenters still have a choice...

James is talking to the 12 tribes that have become christian.. JEWS who were still Jewish would not infact even read the book. Most likely the book of James was a collection of sermons that he gave that were piecemealed together and given to jewish christians. of all the NT books Jmaes is the least grammatically incohesive and so its important to look at the paragraphs individually.. james of all books stresses the importance of the christian doing work even though work is not what saves us but the grace of god..

since this argument is gonna get us no where I copied and pasted my thoughts on the matter from a website I like...

I would suggest to you that the Bible does not teach eternal salvation, although it sure would be nice if it did. The Bible warns Christians that they can "fall from grace" (Gal. 5:1-5), be "cut off" from salvation (Rom. 11:18-22), have their names removed from the Lamb's Book of Life (Rev. 22:19), by committing certain sins and not repenting of them (cf. Eph. 5: 3-5; 1Cor. 6:9; Gal. 5:19, Rev. 21:6-8).

In a chilling reminder of the possibility of losing salvation by separating oneself from Christ, Paul says, "I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." (1 Cor. 9:27).

Here are a couple of additional passages that pretty much spell out the fact that one can lose one's salvation:

Matt: 6:15
Matt: 19:21-35
Matt: 10:22-32
Luke 12:41-46
1 Cor. 15:1-2
Colossians 1:22-23
Hebrews 3:6, 14
Rev. 2:10, 25-36, 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22

These passages give a pretty strong witness to the fact that we can fall away and, if we do not repent and come back to Jesus, we could suffer the consequences for all eternity.

Read more: http://www.comereason.org/bibl_cntr/con ... z20bo9Sxeh
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

BLACKBART

Post by BLACKBART »

I AM PLEASED TO FIND SO MANY BORNE AGAIN, CHRISTIAN BROTHERS ON THIS POST, BUT I AM ASHAMED TO SAY AS IN READING MANY OTHER POSTS, SOME OF YOU, I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT HAVE SUSPECTED TO BE SO, NO RATHER THE OTHER WAY AROUND. CHRIST SAID THAT WE WERE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.HOW CAREFULL WE MUST BE AT ALL TIMES, THE WAY WE REPRESENT THE ONE WHO BOUGHT US,WITH THE GREATEST PRICE EVER PAID. HOW CAN WE TESTIFY OF THE SALVATION IN CHRIST
IF WE DO NOT DISPLAY THE ATTRIBUTES OF IT. WITH RESPECT TO ALL MEN, THERE IS AN OLD SAYIING, I CAN NOT HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BECAUSE YOUR ACTIONS
SPEAK LOUDER THAN YOUR WORDS.
AS CONCERNING TOPIC,
SOLOMAN WROTE IN ECCL. 3:18 THRU 3:22. READ AND TAKE IT AS YOU SEE IT, BUT PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE OVER IT AS THIS IS HOW THE WORLD SEE'S MOST CHRISTIANS TODAY, AS A DISRUPTIVE, ARGUEMENTITIVE, JUDGEMENTAL GROUP, THAT CAN NOT EVEN AGREE AMONG THEMSELVES AS TO THE THE COMMON SALVATION IN WHICH WE PROFESS TO BELIEVE AND LIVE.
MAY THE LORD JESUS HAVE MERCY UP ON US ALL.
WITH LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL MEN AND THERE RIGHT TO BELIEVE WHAT SO EVER THEY WANT TO.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Mo Beagler , This will be my last post here as I do not want to be seen as argumentative on this Particular matter. None of the scriptures you posted talks about losing salvation, if you would look at the entire passages and ask God to help you understand as you go along I think you would be enlightened instead of believing everything you are taught in Bible School. God seals you until the day of redemption, When you trust him he clearly says you are no longer your own he says you were bought with a price( his Blood) This decision is no longer yours. There are many many verses in the bible that clearly teach eternal security and unlike the verses you mentioned cannot not be reconciled with others to mean anything else. You did mention having your name removed out of the Lambs book of life as proof of losing salvation, as most do . If your name is removed from the Lamb's book of life then you will not have eternal life this is true but a study of the bible will show that you are not losing your salvation. As it is not God's will that any should perish and to demonstrate that he knows every human being who will ever be born and placed their name in the book of life before the foundation of the world if you die without accepting Christ he then Blots it out, then as you stand before him in judgment he opens the book to show that your name is not found there ,you were never saved.
Now the folks who believe you can lose your Salvation are generally counting on the goodness of themselves to keep themselves saved. This is the " works" crowd they do not depend wholly upon God to save them and to keep them they want to keep themselves by not sinning . If you do the saving then you do the keeping . God saves me and he keeps me. If I sin I am still his Son, I do not depend on my good works to get me there nor keep me there. If you could lose your Salvation you would be in and out of the book of life on a daily basis some of us several times a day, God is so Holy that sin against him is as simple as knowing to do good and doing it not. He says your Righteousness is like Filthy rags. remember this is our best! Filthy rags. Mo Beagler, as you study, mature and grow in christ you will change your mind about some things you were taught in Bible School , I am guessing you are a young man and I certainly hope that you have not already learned all you will eventually know about the bible. On more thing and it is very important. You do not have to believe in The Eternal Security of the blood bought believer to go to heaven, it is true but it is not a requirement! I will not post any more on this topic as it is heading in the wrong direction.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST NO OTHER WAY HE SAID TO COME ANY OTHER WAY WAS AS A THIEF AND ROBBER . I'M SORRY DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN . U CAN BELIEVE WHAT U WANT BUT ACCORDING TO THE WORD' OF GOD DOG'S CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN
BIGDOGPACE

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

bigdogpace wrote:THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST NO OTHER WAY HE SAID TO COME ANY OTHER WAY WAS AS A THIEF AND ROBBER . I'M SORRY DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN . U CAN BELIEVE WHAT U WANT BUT ACCORDING TO THE WORD' OF GOD DOG'S CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN
I totally agree. If dogs or any other animal goes to heaven every human that's ever lived would have been better off to have been born a animal.

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Tell me this guys, if there are no dogs in heaven, there isn't any booze in heaven, there isn't any tv in heaven, no pretty women, I have had two wives, which one will I be with in heaven?, I didn't like my father or my sisters so why would I want to be with them, ...so why would I want to got there? All my friends will be in hell anyway. Just saying.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Buck, i personally dont care if there are hounds in heaven, if i die today they will have perplexed me with how they differ from one hound to the next for over 40 years. I wanna go where there is booze and pretty women!!! Just where will that be?????

P.S. Good to c ya again :D
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Mo. Beagler 5000

Buck-- so all your friends are as stupid as you?

Unfortunately we don't get to choose what world we live in, where we're born or when we are destined to die and what we get to do when we do die... Some things are true whether you believe then or not...

I kinda figured you would chime in on this post, it fits your established character..... pretty sad buddy, you do realize that out of 200 people who visit this board maybe 5 of them like you.... If it were me in your position I would look at my life and evaluate it..

I'm not overly religious and my best friend has the same belief about heaven and hell as you but he doesn't get on the internet to start crap in the middle of a subject some people feel strongly about just to be an asshole... its literally been two posts and your already being a douche...

slzr, gw, and whoever else who wants to call me out for not acting christian then go for it if it makes you feel better but bbb is ridiculous..

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Buck, Because hell is hot and Heaven is not! that is reason enough. See, I told you that you were ridiculous, you didn't believe me.
Last edited by gwyoung on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bucks better beagles

You got it likem. I am still subscribed to this thread. To answer your question from the perspective of what is known about seizing to live so far, I can say only that there was an eternity before you were born and there will be an eternity after you are dead. Accepting the fact that you die is the hardest thing to do in life and the most gratifying.

Mo: I don't see where it is necessary to sling mud. No one called you out or challenged your belief. I just have a different one. Minority, of course. "Asshole" no, don't think so. Believe as you will if it makes you feel good but shouldn't I have the same privilege? You can believe whatever you want and I will support it. If you are right, look at all the benefits that will accrue you. If I am right, I will just be dead or somewhere terribly uncomfortable. It is called "Pascal's Wager".

Please don't lump other people in my box. I don't know what they believe.

bucks better beagles

GW: As usual, you have a good point. We had a sweet saying in Vietnam in 1968: "When I die, I know I am going to heaven, cause I have spent my time in hell". It was so very hot there in more ways than just heat. I saw a boy write that on his helmet. He caught one right between the H and the A. Guess he found out in a hurry. No Disrespect intended.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Thats the FRIGGIN POINT BUCK! If you challenged my belief or posted something constructive to the topic it would be fine... But you didn't, you made a smart ass comment in the middle of a topic you know people feel strongly about.... for the only purpose to be a jerkoff.. That was it, the only reason.... nothing else entered your mind while posting except how can i be the biggest Jackass possible on this post.

for the record I could care less about what you think and I know all about Pascals wager and whether or not you can loose your salvation is a topic I could care less about but happen to know a great deal about because of my schooling so i offered it up to have a discussion... Your the only acting like an idiot post after post..

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Well, i have not chimed in on this post at all, its like politics, i try not to (try not to) get in debates over either. My last post on a political joke was not received well :D . MO Beagler 5000 as someone who is familiar with the bible and knows of the word of God is it right to call people idiots, assholes, jerkoff, and uses the work FRIGGIN which i think insinuates something else???? Im just asking cause my wife gets on me all the time about that and if its ok i wanna tell her its ok. Just wondering.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

APFII

Post by APFII »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:Buck-- so all your friends are as stupid as you?

Unfortunately we don't get to choose what world we live in, where we're born or when we are destined to die and what we get to do when we do die... Some things are true whether you believe then or not...

I kinda figured you would chime in on this post, it fits your established character..... pretty sad buddy, you do realize that out of 200 people who visit this board maybe 5 of them like you.... If it were me in your position I would look at my life and evaluate it..

I'm not overly religious and my best friend has the same belief about heaven and hell as you but he doesn't get on the internet to start crap in the middle of a subject some people feel strongly about just to be an asshole... its literally been two posts and your already being a douche...

slzr, gw, and whoever else who wants to call me out for not acting christian then go for it if it makes you feel better but bbb is ridiculous..
WOW-----Your calling Buck a douche ?? :lol: :moon:

Mo. Beagler 5000

likeemfast- I suppose if its true :angel: