End Times- Personal

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BBB Should Leave the Board and Never Come Back

1. Yes, he is boring
4%
2. Yes, he is insane
8%
3. Yes, he has nothing to contribute
11%
4. Yes, he is a sanctimonious nincompoop
45%
5. Yes, he takes everything way to seriously.
14%
6. Yes, his dogs are way too good to be laid up while he is wasting time on the computer.
18%

Total votes: 73

augerhead

Re: End Times- Personal

Post by augerhead »

Jimmy, I think you are my kind of people good post.If you boys think old Buck is going any where you are pretty naive not as long as you keep poking. If you want to shake him agree with what ever he says you will bore him to death and he will find another way to excite himself.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

you dont think ol buck wants people to beg him not to quit do you?

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Buck, If you go a lot more of us will be bored! Don't go.

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Thanks MVK and others but the board doesn't have a place for me. I didn't put this post on here to have people ask me to stay or to blow my own horn. I would have stayed because there are people like you and GW and Ahead and lopsider and Blackbart and C-low and Wireman and a few others that I really enjoy talking to. People that I think will speak up and from the heart and are examples for others to follow. If we met on the hill, we would talk all night and never cover the same subject twice. A tall-tale or two, or three or so...

I put this post on here to test my humility. To see how many judges there are out there. I have a pretty good idea of how I am perceived by others, (thus no "no" responses in the poll). I am sure you boys have read Emerson's "If". He said, '...If you can wait and not get tired of waiting. Or being lied about, don't deal in lies. Or, being hated, don't give way to hating. And yet, don't look too good, nor talk too wise...Your's is the earth and everything that is in it, and--which is more, you'll be a man, my son!" Perhaps one of the great pieces of literature dealing with what it means to be a "man" or human being. Humanism?

I try to think out of the box. To ask questions and get people to use their mind for a few minutes a day. It may sound corny and, some will say, silly but it is the way I am. I am not good at frivolity or felicity. Life is too short to dream it away. I am good at getting to the root of who a person is. Sometimes it just takes a well placed needle or a little agitation. Always with the best of intent. Oh here, it is like preaching in the wilderness. Honestly, I wonder if some of these guys ever had a serious thought in their lives. Now Bev, don't get bent out of shape. I am going out on my own volition.

BLACKBART

Post by BLACKBART »

OH NO SAY IT AIN'T TRUE.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO TO STIMULATE INTELLIGENT DISCUSSIONS, LIKE TOSE OF A-HEAD, C-LOW AND T-83. AH I GUESS WE STILL HAVE OUR CELL PHONES. BUT IT HAS BEEN EXTREMELY INTERRESTING READING ALL YOUR POSTS. WITH TRUE RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR YOU, I SAY YOU WILL BE MISSED AND I CAN'T FIND THE PLACE ON THE BALLOT WHERE I CAN VOTE HONESTLY. BEST OF LUCK

bucks better beagles

Come on Bart. Pick one and cast a ballot. So far, no one has voted #1. That is important to me. Poppa Western always said, "never go to a party and find out the next day that no one knew you were there". He also said to "never overstay your welcome and you will always be asked back".

dog

Post by dog »

i believe everyone has serious thoughts , they just know what to take serious and what not too , unlike some .

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

Buck I voted. Didn't really have one on there I felt was fitting, but I did vote for the one that was closest to fit you IMO (It just needed a little changing of letters). I voted for #1,but to me you are far from "Boring" . In fact quit the contrary. However you are a very intelligent man that seems to "Bore" easily and loose interest in the "same old things" .
I enjoy how you make one think of "both sides of the coin". There are always more ways to think than one's own way. I know you have had no intentions of insulting or offending any one on here. I feel you simply push people to see all sides with an open mind and with hopes of respect for those that have a different opinion of which they can logically and civilly express their differences . I've learned that you appreciate a well thought out , and fact based opinion , no matter if you agree with it or not.
If you choose to leave this site, it would be a shame. I enjoy reading your posts , polls and responses .But I'm lucky enough to still be able to run with you and hear your stories should you do so.This forum would definitely loose some "it" factor.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

You post good threads and hate to see you go. I heard from a Michigan fella that you are very knowledgeable and a very nice guy. He said you have some very tough dogs and described one being bad@ss. I wish you good running and hope to meet you one day.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Casey Harner wrote:You post good threads and hate to see you go. I heard from a Michigan fella that you are very knowledgeable and a very nice guy. He said you have some very tough dogs and described one being bad@ss. I wish you good running and hope to meet you one day.
I agree 100% have heard the same

lebro

Post by lebro »

common sense or intellect? which do you let rule your day? if you wanna say both or use big words to respond trying to show how smart you are intellect probably rules and that is a shame.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

dog

Post by dog »

lebro wrote:common sense or intellect? which do you let rule your day? if you wanna say both or use big words to respond trying to show how smart you are intellect probably rules and that is a shame.
:nod:

bucks better beagles

Exit Interview

There are 2 things that make this a different site and unique from some of the other beagle ones. One of them is the fault of the owner and the other is just happenstance.

1. It is not just about dogs or field trials or stats or other mundane things. It is about what is on your mind at any particular moment. Look at some of the things that have been covered in just the last few weeks: what constitutes a good drink, how to raise children, disaster in WV, personal cognizance, trading dogs with or without conscience, running in hot air (or maybe with hot air), whether dogs go to heaven or, for that matter, whether there even is a heaven, Paw Kings, memorials, fleas, ear mites, dog foods, etc., etc. Note to Bev. change the name to "What's On Your Mind??"

2. The people that are on here are like a family of mixed sorts. This is pure chance but we get to know each other. Not always a good thing. I looked forward to reading the posts and seeing what every body was up to. The amount of dog knowledge and experience is great but how many times can you restate what every body should already know? You can, however, get an idea of what every body "Knows" if anything. JMO :D

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Buck, You are a very conscientious employee. The boss said something you didn't like. Being the type of person you are the only one who could have hurt your feelings is the boss. You like to do a good job and you do , I believe she knows that, it is just that she thought you were a little outside of your normal good job and as the Boss it was her job to mention it . Had I said what she said I would probably have been all but ignored perhaps have taken a small hit but then you would have moved on, you would not have considered it entertaining enough to give it much time. Overall your performance is such that she obviously does not want you to go. I say good job overall and keep it up. There are those who would like you to go ( and the Boss isn't one of them) and those who would like you to stay, how about letting your friends win one for a change!

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Nice post.
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!