Silver creek beagle club trials

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kybluetickbeagler1

Re: Silver creek beagle club trials

Post by kybluetickbeagler1 »

Maybe join to run hounds harner? Fast or slow at the end of the day it comes down to the sport and the passion of running the hounds. Harner from all your post u seem to know everything people need to breed, raise, and run to have great dogs.

"Casey Harner"]Why join a club where your dogs don't fit in. Those people down in silver creek are good people, they open their big pen to the public, so you don't leave with a cull. You can try it there and decide then. I do enjoy my time when I go and it gives me a chance to look at a different style. These people deserve respect and the styles they run.[/quo

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

kybluetickbeagler1 wrote:Maybe join to run hounds harner? Fast or slow at the end of the day it comes down to the sport and the passion of running the hounds. Harner from all your post u seem to know everything people need to breed, raise, and run to have great dogs.

"Casey Harner"]Why join a club where your dogs don't fit in. Those people down in silver creek are good people, they open their big pen to the public, so you don't leave with a cull. You can try it there and decide then. I do enjoy my time when I go and it gives me a chance to look at a different style. These people deserve respect and the styles they run.[/quo

:shock: :dance: :nod: i will join any club including bassets if they will allow me and i can have a good time!! maybe i just aint got any RIDING BUDDIES i guess i will go back to checking fuses and giving pre game warm ups!!! :nod: :lol:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

kybluetickbeagler1 wrote:Maybe join to run hounds harner? Fast or slow at the end of the day it comes down to the sport and the passion of running the hounds. Harner from all your post u seem to know everything people need to breed, raise, and run to have great dogs.

Just trying to point you in the right direction of the club I believe your dogs suit on better.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i guess casey you could look at it this way
three rivers is a little pack club
we got a training pen should or do we just let lil pack guys join r club no
we go some ubgf type hounds and we know they are not gonna help at
the club hunts. may help with the running pen work
if your a beagler you have respect for all formats and respect all beaglers
and ................................................

....U dont know it all lol :dance:
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Haha...true that Dan. I am confused though I have always thought I was the most inexperienced beagler out there, but apparently I know everything.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I would say from what I've seen,heard and read about Silver Creek and the folks who gather there that you will find them devotees of what I would call the slower conservative type beagles.I have no issue with what any man wants to run as his prefered style of hound.
Just an observation here based on many experiences over the 16 years living in Tn.For the record,I run pretty footy,hard hitting hounds line bred on I.F.C.Maravic's Blue Ninja.Most beaglers would recognize these hound's pedigree as coming from northeast / Canadian bloodlines.They are what I like.I wouldn't haul them to Silver Creek expecting anyone there to be interested in them.
That being said I have yet to meet another beagler with similar type of hounds that will get upset with you if you're hunting somewhere and the packs hark to each other and get together.The Mid-West,Little Pack or Large Pack boys don't care if you bring your slower dogs to enter at a trial.Those same clubs will let you join in a heartbeat and as to your dog's competiveness let the chips fall where they may.
ON THE OTHER HAND, I have had the slow dog folks cuss me out when their dogs have harked to mine on public hunting grounds,have had them tell me to pick up my rough dogs and get the hell out, been told that my dogs would "ruin" their dogs,told not to bring my dogs to one of their trials again,told I couldn't join their club as they didn't want my hounds running on their running grounds and had several tell me "if you'll get rid of those dogs you've got we'll set you up with some good rabbit dogs".
I know we all have our prejudices but from what I've seen the guys that follow the U.B.G.F. and similar style are a whole lot less tolerant of the faster more aggressive beagles than the other way around.Guys that I run with figure that if your hound is showing mine the way consistantly than I'll get me some of that and if your's can't stay up in the race with mine than it is what it is.As long as you don't bring a fighter or a trash runner I'll run with any man's dog.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

bbg

Post by bbg »

kybluetickbeagler1 wrote:Well I guess I got my answer. Which format in akc is a step below Midwest? Also do they just run one format at silver creek?
Midwest is not a format. They hold trials under the SPO format. If your question is, what federation promotes hounds that are a step slower than midwest?, I would say NEBGF.

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

casey you are right. sounds like he just wants to join the club for the runnig grounds, if they let everybody join they would not have any rabbits left. it is there club there choice, if you want fenced in running grounds, buy some property and fence it in and run all you want........bottem line is, its thier club thier property, they can do with it as they please.

jon cornett

Post by jon cornett »

I have spo bred hounds, some just like the folks at silvercreek some older blood. I was there friday and saturday and we ran 4 times. Once in the pen there at the picnic and 3 times at the coles running pen 15 min away from the club. I would like to see if you can walk beside my hounds as they ran this weekend. They flat out pounded rabbits. I have run with Casey alot too and we cant walk beside our hounds by no means. I do have a couple conservative (so to speak) hounds but still cant walk beside them while there running a rabbit unless there running or trying to run a little one. We also tried out 4 different dogs and i bought one of them and they where pretty steppy, not speed demons by no means but not slow either. I never saw a dog run all weekend that i could walk beside, although i did not see that many other people running either, we ran in the pen there at the grounds friday afternoon, where the club members said there where no or mabey one rabbit, and guess what, we jumped one and ran it for about 45 min. I had a blast and always do there no matter what speed dogs people have and would have liked to watch some branko and other bloodlines run, mabey next year i can hook up with some folks who have these bloodlines and watch them run there.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Ron Conroe wrote:casey you are right. sounds like he just wants to join the club for the runnig grounds, if they let everybody join they would not have any rabbits left. it is there club there choice, if you want fenced in running grounds, buy some property and fence it in and run all you want........bottem line is, its thier club thier property, they can do with it as they please.
ron three rivers does let people join knowing full well thats all there gonna use
but we do have rabbits in it
there is 2 ubgf clubs around here both are a$$ holes if there dogs get with yours weather it be your hounds going to theres or
their hounds coming to mine .
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Ron Conroe wrote:casey you are right. sounds like he just wants to join the club for the runnig grounds, if they let everybody join they would not have any rabbits left. it is there club there choice, if you want fenced in running grounds, buy some property and fence it in and run all you want........bottem line is, its thier club thier property, they can do with it as they please.

i believe i stated that a good friend of mine runs that type of hound and i was going to join with him and a reward for being part of the club is YES being able to run at their grounds!! Maybe you could shoot me some of that cash flow you got and i would buy some land and fence it in and i will start a club and let anyone that has beagles that loves the sport as long as they put in the time and work they can use the pen and run any type of beagle hound that they wish!!! It was no where near a JUST WANTING TO USE THEIR PEN type of deal!! Also by the way the fee to join was more than any other midwest club by a long shot and you had to have so many hours of work detail done to remain a member and use the grounds!!! This is getting to the point where its beating a dead horse!! the point is KYBLUETICK no your dogs would not fit in there at silver creeek and also The beaglers that have the fast hounds are by far more tolerant of the guys that have the slower style of dogs when they get drawn to each other or for that matter getting slammed by another beagler!!! I didnt slam them simply said that some of them can be walked beside and a little over barking!!! I dont have a problem running with the slower dogs but then again mine are not the ones getting dragged around trying to play catch up!!! Just saying!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

I heard that Silver Creek puts on a get-together every year (summer) where they have ALL FC dogs. You can go & watch some retired & semi-retired famous FC hounds run against each other. I think that would bo cool to go to.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I ran into this with the club I joined here in PA. 2 years on the waiting list and they finally voted me in. Went to the first couple meetings to meet the guys, all well and good. Only had 2 young males so I started taking them to the club to run in the pen a few days a week. One of the board members saw my dogs and they pulled me aside at the next meeting and they told me I couldn't bring my males back to the club. Too fast. Essentially, they kicked my beagles out of the beagle club, but not me. Too bad those are the only 2 beagles I had, LOL.

Anyway, i stopped going to the club to help out b/c I don't have a dog allowed there. I'll stay a member though to have a good place to start pups in the future. Still a bunch of crap though, if I run when no one else is there, what are my dogs hurting by putting it on a rabbit????

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I agree with you. If your there to help out and not into the trialing aspect of it then I agree... I don't think its right for them to kick your dogs out. But KyBlue is interested in field trialing aspect of it and since he did say his dogs were faster than his dogs wouldn't fit in there...

I would look up a club that runs his style and join put in the work for that club and I am sure he will enjoy it.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Casey Harner wrote:I agree with you. If your there to help out and not into the trialing aspect of it then I agree... I don't think its right for them to kick your dogs out. But KyBlue is interested in field trialing aspect of it and since he did say his dogs were faster than his dogs wouldn't fit in there...

I would look up a club that runs his style and join put in the work for that club and I am sure he will enjoy it.

???? :?: :?: :?:
Casey Harner wrote:Why join a club where your dogs don't fit in. Those people down in silver creek are good people, they open their big pen to the public, so you don't leave with a cull. You can try it there and decide then. I do enjoy my time when I go and it gives me a chance to look at a different style. These people deserve respect and the styles they run.

:?: :?: :?:

But its ok for them not to want me or my dogs????? you tell him one thing and then tell me another and tell me why would i join a club where my dogs dont fit?? but as long as he is there to just help its ok??? come on casey!!!
johns03272008 wrote:Casey I don't have coon hounds but if I wanted to join a coon club I can, just cause my dogs dogs fit a particular style don't mean I can't be a member as the reason I was going to join a good friend of mine runs that style of dog "ubgf" and I figured hey I could meet new people, have some fun, I could help the club out on trial days because I would have no dogs to enter therefor all my attention would he helping out, and I would also have access to their enclosed running grounds,.
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS