For Arguements SAKE, Most Consistant hound line, OPINIONS??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

For Arguements SAKE, Most Consistant hound line, OPINIONS??

Post by BCBeagles »

I want a beagle discussion, lets start one. I enjoy opinions and READILY give my own! :lol: Sometimes, too readily!!

What, IN ALLS OPINION is the most consistant line of hounds you feel is out there today. From a large group you've seen to a small group, that doesn't matter. DAY IN AND DAY OUT, what gets it done with the bluecollar skill set???

I have my preference, what is everyone else's???

I love Joe K.'s line of the Green Bay hounds, they make me want to run more!! What makes you excited about what you have and why???

Lets hear it and not end up in some philosophical BS!! HOUND discussions ONLY!!

hard on a check

Re: For Arguements SAKE, Most Consistant hound line, OPINION

Post by hard on a check »

Shaker & Striker
Awful Bawlin Hounds

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

branko
DEADEYES POACHER

Dogman

Post by Dogman »

Bramletts,most are rabbit dogs with hunt,line and good mouths, and yes that black and tan seals the deal with me. I know there are other good strains out there but I mostly rabbit hunt and pleasure run and these hounds can get the job done.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Great hounds in all those lines, that is what makes it fun. I am NOT going to be kennel blind with my hounds. If I see something that can add to what I am able to have I want a shot of it!!!

Going this evening to stay with Mr. Lowell Smith to see young hounds off of FC Blue Bud, FTCH Verswacker, and IFC Capt. Pickard, never seen much of any of these lines, but super excited to see if they can add to mine!!

Running Saturday with Steve Mullen at Modock Kennels, will get to see FCDG Green Bay Walk on in person for the first time, I have seen him on video. I want to expand my knowledge first hand, not just by hearsay. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see the ones they think that can get them to the next level!!

Good running to all and keep them coming!!!

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I have always liked the Striker and Branko crosses. But when I went rabbit hunting one weekend in the coal mines with Matt Glomski I got to watch his Skipper dog. That hound Is a pure rabbit dog that will show you a rabbit. Watched a lot of the Hitman males and females run as well. Got to watch Christopher's Dora who is a great reproducer and has produced FC Bachmans Tuffer Than Yers. Seems litches are ike Hitman's offspring produces with a lot of other lines. Seems like a lot of the Hitman bitches are being crossed with FC Red River Runner.

I have seen some nice bred Tadpole/Gunsmoke bred dogs that crossed back with Hitman females and males. These seem to click and produce.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

tubro ive tried alot not all, always come back to turbo in fact have had it for 17 yrs. now crosses good with alot of line's
BIGDOGPACE

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

After watching I.F.C. Maravic's Blue Ninja and his F.C. littermate sisters Mimi and Missy run in Large Pack on hare trials in New England in 92 and 93 I got a pup from Ninja x Greenbriar Charity and have been line breeding with very good results ever since.
This line has consistantly produced and influenced many excellent hounds over the past 20 years incliding 2x National LPH champion Blue Barry,NLPC Little Bit of Pepper,NLPC Dixie Hill Belle,NLPC,IFC Beavercreek Blue Max,NLPC Green Bay Paw King and many,many other IFC's,FC's,RCH's,etc.
I belive it would be hard to find a more consistant line who's influense can still be strongly seen 20 years hence.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Shady Grove great points, one thing I have heard and seen in the Ninja line is some dogs with not so outgoing personalities. Have you seen this, shyness in excess, not faulting them just asking for information? Thank you!

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

BCBeagles wrote:Shady Grove great points, one thing I have heard and seen in the Ninja line is some dogs with not so outgoing personalities. Have you seen this, shyness in excess, not faulting them just asking for information? Thank you!
i have not seen that in Ninja crosses as i have Lumberjack crosses either dogs out of lumberjack or producing dogs out of lumberjack throwing it into their pups!! Some are ungodly skiddish, just what i have seen i have had and seen alot of ninja bred dogs and only a select few i have seen where timid in my opinion!

Most consistant hound for me would have to be Heli-prop and Ace in the hole they produced and produced producers!! I also like what some of the awful bawlin stuff is throwing so i crossed a heli prop"turbo" x awful bawlin male to a x2 turbo/ace bitch!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Before I say another word I have to apologise for one big omission----- ARHA World Champion,IFC Greenwell's Reggie.I own females out of Reggie and his littermate brother FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue that I have championed out in the trials.I like them very much.[Reggie's mother is a Ninja half brother x sister cross ].
Mr. Hall,I have to honestly say that I have yet to see the first Ninja blooded hound that I thought was any kind of shy.I can assure you that none of my current hounds suffers from that trait and I believe I could give you the names of the owners of pups from the twelve litters that I've raised over the past sixteen years [all Ninja linebred top and bottom ] and I don't think a one of them would be what any beagler would say was a shy hound.
Not saying that there couldn't be some out there but have followed this line since early 90's and this is the first time I have heard the shyness trait brought up concerning them.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

When i see "Most Consistant " two lines of dogs come to mind, Branko and Cryon. Recently The Steeves (Cryon) just finished a little male FTCH Cryon Ringo which represents 7 generations of dogs they have owned bred and finished. Branko and Cryon have produced quality dogs without a hiatus for generations. These are dogs that have influenced the bred as a whole aswell and have won on a large stage IE: Trial of Champions CKC and AKC Nationals Int. Beagle Futurity and whats more important is they have produced a good hunting dog line. I know this wasnt about Breeding but running consistancy . I also think Awful Bawlin is producing a quality hound , and Green bay dogs have been pretty hot the last few years. just my two cents .
Home of
FTCH Branko's Cornflower (sold)
FTCH Branko's Jimmy D
FTCH Branko's Bronson (rip)
FTCH Martin's LP 2Spot
IFC Branko's Dubonnet

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

Love the dogs out of Ace in the Hole x Indian hills Princess II cross.Seems like they reproduce themselves real well and most make good solid gun dogs,with lots of hunt, that can flat move one when conditions permit.They arn't real prone to be trashy,easy to break if they do.The ones I've been around start easy and most don't look to bad which dosn't hurt a thing.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

My only issue with branko stuff is it seems like a lot of people are living off the name and infact branko may just be on one side of the ped and not a real branko dog.. You just gotta be careful I guess.. But they do have a great line
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

paducahky1

Post by paducahky1 »

Dogman wrote:Bramletts,most are rabbit dogs with hunt,line and good mouths, and yes that black and tan seals the deal with me. I know there are other good strains out there but I mostly rabbit hunt and pleasure run and these hounds can get the job done.
my choice also, they can flat out run a rabbit, they start early, no quit . will run in any weather hot , cold , rain, dry,, ill take them over any other...
never met a horse that couldnt be rode or a man that couldnt be throwd