what ever happened to the $150 pup

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ron Conroe

what ever happened to the $150 pup

Post by Ron Conroe »

man you think with the market so flooded with pups, and the economy so low that you could buy a nice bred pup.i guess my question is, do you think with all the talk on the board with people bragging up diffrent blood lines and how good there dog is, is driving up the price. i don't want to hear how the dog food prices are going up or the shots, because at $150 a pup you are still making money. or are we just trying to become millionairs. NOT A CHANCE WITH BEAGLES. :roll:

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: what ever happened to the $150 pup

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Ron ol Buddy i remember a 30 dollar OZ And a 50.00 dollar hound. :shock:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Yep, I've eaten many a .99 McDonalds hamburges when a kid and cruised the bash on .29 per gallon gas! :(

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Ron I have only sold 1 litter of pups ever over $150 I have pups now out of Cedar Beck Blazer II and they are being sold for $150.00

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

stud fee would be my guess
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Ron , check the prices on some of the other breeds, in fact almost all the other registered breeds. I believe you will find that 200, 250, 300 dollars for a well bred beagle pup, is still a steal. 600.00 bucks for a lap dog, Yorkies, Corgi's , Boston bullDogs , and the various terrier's is the norm. With fall coming on , their are a lot traders days , and sportsmen outdoor shows coming up, beagle pups at these traders days, for 35.00 to 100.00 dollars are not uncommon. Shop around , have a keen eye, and their are pups and young dogs out their that any houndsmen would be proud to own.
Big Mike

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I plan on selling pups for $125.00 whenever I get around to breeding. I could careless about making money on this sport, I have a job to make my money. I will also place my pups in the right homes....
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

6 yrs ago wife had to have a maltese spent a grand on this pup has more papers on it than full edition of moby dick
but man i have never herd a single word about my beagles and the money i spend on them
if i have pup i plan on placen in trial homes for a very small fee (0) i bred for me and rest are gifts to friends
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Think about it. Look at old magazines studs today at two or three hundred bucks ain't really out of line, I don't think. Also look at the fees the aka charges, it's a joke. I just want to fill my needs as a small time guy and bred every blue moon, sell a few . Fees are high food is higher and just the dead expense is overwhelming. Now think about raising training , fuel running all over the country and trailing and hoping for a honest judge. Good dogs and my time ain't cheap.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

As stud fees go up $300+ at times, price of pups is going to go up. Inflation. In my short experience, I have learned that if you put a smaller price tag on something, people will think it isn't quality. Kinda like the story about the guy who put a refrigerator by the side of the road with a free sign on it. No one wanted it. Then he put a $50 sign on it. The next night, someone stole it. In the same way, people shouldn't think a dog is going to be a world beater just because he costs $xxx.00. Personally, I think pups should cost anywhere from $100 to $300 depending on several things like the sire and dam (especially if they are champions of some sort), if they're registered, availability, and breeder reputation. I have an AKC pup for sale right now priced at $150. He costs that much because I own both parents so I didn't have to pay a stud fee, neither parent is a champion but both show the potential to be, and mostly because people don't know me. They don't know if I have good dogs or not besides what the see on paper. There are a lot of pups out there right now. A person has to look at all the factors and weigh their options.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Ron where are the Tyke pups for $150 ?
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

eddy. i don't know i don't own him. but when i get 1 its free. not $300.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

ok
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i just sold a litter for 125 each should make great dogs . got another littrer almost ready to go ,, in 2 more weeks .. they will sell for 125 also and should make awesome dogs.. i only breed to better my kennel if it helps someone else then good . i aint gonna get rich with dogs for sure. cantr if i keep buying all the new fancy gadgets .. fightning myself fropm buying the new garmin shock tracker combo lol.
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

beaglerof4

Post by beaglerof4 »

IMHO there isnt a puppy worth $300, because you really dont know what your going to get. I have paid $300 for several dogs, just to sell them later on for maybe half the price I paid, or I end up giving them away. Kinda funny that we pay $300 for a pup that is supposed to be top notch, but when it comes to a bloodline that is not familiar, we wont look twice if it says $300. I am starting to look at things a whole lot different lately, and will not pay that kind of money for a pup again. I just sold a Greenbay male not long ago that I had a ton of time into, and was a good running dog when I sold him for $150, which is what I paid for him unstarted. The guy I sold him to is extremely happy with him, and only had to pay half the price of the usual puppy price that a lot of guys want.