fleas that are imune to chemicals

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

EARL BRUNER

fleas that are imune to chemicals

Post by EARL BRUNER »

i spent over $100.00 dollars on frontline from australia . have been using it for around 16 yrs and it has quit working. i asked the vet what they thought was the best,and they said k9 advantix 11 . so i bought 140.00 dolllars of it and for the first 9 days fleas dead . on the 10 days started seeing fleas again. 19 grown beagles and 2 litter of pups. so after 5 days of fleas i once again put k9 advantix 11 on them and again dead fleas for 12 days witch was today and fleas again today so after 240.00 dollars and 1 month later still have fleas i have been told by other beaglers about admire / macho will kill fleas but not ticks. so bayer tree and advance complete insect killer will kill everything . 12.97 at wallmart the one that the picture of this was on here 8/2/12. how many people have tryed it and how long will it last and what are the long term side affects if any. just neverous to try something that is not for dogs. but nothing for dogs is working and costing alot for nothing.

Black Rock Kennels

Re: fleas that are imune to chemicals

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

I have been using termidor sc for the last two yrs with no side effects. 20oz bottle is around $60.00 and a bottle will last for 5yrs or so, put a dose on the dogs monthly. I also treat my yard with granular stuff from wal-mart and use cedar bedding mixed with alittle sevens dust.
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

ive had the same problem. i posted a thread a month or so ago fighting them bad. i still cant get them to leave the dogs but i have been able to atleast keep them from attacking my legs when i walk in to my kennels. it took 3 sprayings with the malathon from tsc before i started seeing them disappear. the dogs are another story though. i have went so far as dipping them once a week in happy jack and dusting them with seven dust along with the frontline once a month and they will still sit and dig and scratch...

Nurse Laura

Post by Nurse Laura »

We have used the Bayer tree n shrub for about 2+ years, no fleas and no health problems with our dog.

EARL BRUNER

Post by EARL BRUNER »

bought some of the bayer advanced complete insect killer today. the ingredents are the same as k-9 advantage but is only 0.72 % imidacloprid and b-cyfluthin 0.36% and k-9 advantix is 8.86 % imidacloprid and 44.00. % permethrin witch is the same as cyfluthin synthitic. so why does it work better than the other when it is not as strong as k9 advantix. i called the manafacture of the bayer and the other ingredents 98.8 % was water and a chemical that caused it ti stick to plants. does anyone know why it works better than k9 advantix.

old school

Post by old school »

We have a product at the clinic where I work now called Comfortis, it is a pill that is given orally to dogs. From listening to a few folks, they say that it seems to work really well.

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

like ctown said Termidor sc . good stuff!

allniter

Post by allniter »

I don't under stand ---I use ivermec every month I haven't had fleas in years --no hot spots or skin problems at all-- :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

Use Termidor and it seems to do the trick for fleas and ticks. For our house dogs, we use Advantix II. It seems to work pretty well for 2.5-3 weeks. Then you have a week of fleas before you can out it on them again. Someone told me to use diamataceous earth to kill fleas in the yard. Too expensive for me. I just put sulfer down.

fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Watch out for diamataceous earth you don't want you or your dogs to breath it in, not good for lungs. Dogs could breath it in if sniffing around the yard. We use this in grain feeds to keep bugs out. I also have used it around ant hills. Works great just don't breath in the dust.

875x

Post by 875x »

I have been using fiproguard plus and have had not flea at all. This is the secound year I have used it I have noticed that at the end of the thirty day cycle a few ticks will get on them. The rest of the time not ticks or fleas.

EARL BRUNER

Post by EARL BRUNER »

allniter how does ivermec keep fleas off. do you put it on ther back or down their mouth.

EARL BRUNER

Post by EARL BRUNER »

875x where do you get it at.isnt that whats in frontline plus

houndsmen06

Post by houndsmen06 »

Search fossil shell flour. Lady from pbs animal sold me on it when i had a litter of pups with fleas in a warm nov. You dust the dogs with it and it kills fleas. Also use it as wormer. Food grade stuff .
Roundtown Kennels

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Theoretically Ivermec works by ingestion-- As in when the dog eats it or gets it injected the substances gets absorbed into the skin and fleas hate it...

BUT-- If you have fleas NO prevention is gonna work till you attack it on all fronts... Take every dog and dip em at the same time. Then clean out everything... beds, kennels, house, trucks etc.. EVERYTHING needs cleaned and to hve stuff put on it.. Then use something on the yard like 7 dust.. After thats done in then re wash them with flea and tick shampoo after 4 to 7 days and then a few days later reapply frontline or whatever..

Once you do that and there are no fleas on your property the medicine will kill any fleas they pick up before they can bite and breed if you apply it faithfully. Its the only way to do it. no easy way once your infested.. Its all out attack or nothing from what we have found
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.