Too Much Time On Hand

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NoShowBeagles

Too Much Time On Hand

Post by NoShowBeagles »

Some folks have way to much time on there hands. i like to get on here and read while i relax from a hard day at work, or a day with my hounds, i like to enjoy how folks do good with there hounds. regardless of color or strain. but the arguing and bickering is crazy. :argue: :bash: lifes to short for that guys. and the people that do that make me wonder if while there living on the computer (cyber beagler), are they really running dogs? :shock:
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

19rabbit52

Re: Too Much Time On Hand

Post by 19rabbit52 »

What you have is guy's like me, about to turn 60, retired, and still healthy enough to hunt. And your right, plenty of time. I myself run about 4 or 5 times a week. I try to go 2 nights a week with a guy that has been pegged a liar here so I'm going to testify for him. Ole Bucks Better Beagles may not go every night but I would say he averages 28 days a month minimum. Hope you don't mind me speaking for ya Buck.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

NoShowBeagles wrote:Some folks have way to much time on there hands. i like to get on here and read while i relax from a hard day at work, or a day with my hounds, i like to enjoy how folks do good with there hounds. regardless of color or strain. but the arguing and bickering is crazy. :argue: :bash: lifes to short for that guys. and the people that do that make me wonder if while there living on the computer (cyber beagler), are they really running dogs? :shock:
Ive about had my gut full of it myself and if it continues we may be short a few members! The hammer is fixin to drop boys! If you dont believe me just try me!
Crane Creek Kennels

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

NoShowBeagles wrote:Some folks have way to much time on there hands. i like to get on here and read while i relax from a hard day at work, or a day with my hounds, i like to enjoy how folks do good with there hounds. regardless of color or strain. but the arguing and bickering is crazy. :argue: :bash: lifes to short for that guys. and the people that do that make me wonder if while there living on the computer (cyber beagler), are they really running dogs? :shock:
Every now and then I get tempted to join in some of the arguments on here. I have read and enjoyed the Board a lot more while trying to get over a serious knee accident, the subsequent surgery, and rehab. I have decided that I will just not mess with the arguments when they turn personal. I just concentrate on all the positive on here. I was taught as a young man not to argue in public because the public does not know if you are the fool, your adversary is the fool, or if more likely you both are.
BY THE WAY, WITH SORE KNEE AND ALL, WE RAN AS MUCH AS I COULD HANDLE SAT. MORNING, SUNDAY NIGHT, AND TONIGHT. I am not out to claim I have the best and know the most, or become the next Branko. I just find great fellowship, peace of mind, and plain old good clean fun running the beagles and always trying to Improve the ROWCO pack my Daddy started about 1950. I also have met some life-long friends through this sport. Bobby

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

There a couple of guys on here that love Obama . Starting fights name calling makes me sick. I never hear these guys talk about hounds. Just calling people racist . I like coming on here because there a lot of good people .
TheJohnBirchSociety

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Littlewoody, I love Obama and love to hunt. If I could run 24 hours a day, I would. If I could talk dogs 24 hours a day, I would. Aaron I think you are moving in the right direction. I will help by reporting distasteful threads to you.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

I'd be mad too if my avatar was 88 :lol: Just kidding
This is bar none the best beagle board , great folks , answers for any need simply the best . We are not all always goning to agree so lets just agree to disagree & move forward , try to be respectful.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

LR,
That 88 was at the top of the standings for a few weeks this year and is still in the top 5 today. I cant remember the last time i saw a patch dog at the top of the standings! LOL!
BBB,
We tend to get several reports of distasteful threads. Most seem to include you and your sidekick gwyoung.......Just sayin!
Crane Creek Kennels

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

For someone that don't want to argue you sure put a provocative heading up. I'm retired after working most of my life and i think i have earned some of what you call too much time on hand. No Show all you have to do is not read any post that will upset you and you can still relax from your hard day's work.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Aaron , besides his daddy he's my pick to.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

dog

Post by dog »

I must apologize , I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when i see some of this stuff , I try really hard but after so long i just cant take it no more , nothing i hate more than someone trying to make themself look good at someone elses expence . I worked for a guy like that for 20 yrs before i had enough now i have a very short fuse for such stuff . just because someone dont do it the way someone else does dont make it wrong

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Aaron: BBB,
We tend to get several reports of distasteful threads. Most seem to include you and your sidekick gwyoung.......Just sayin!

Just saying, I sent you a plea of a distasteful post and you piled on me for doing so. The thread then ran for days on end and got even more distasteful. It seems OK for people to pile on GW (a man I have never met) and me but wrong for us to reply to even the most vile comments. Check it out. I try very hard to be civil in all that I do. I have never claimed to be perfect but at least, I know that and will admit it.

Salzer Mtn: I quote, "For someone that don't want to argue you sure put a provocative heading up. I'm retired after working most of my life and i think i have earned some of what you call too much time on hand. No Show all you have to do is not read any post that will upset you and you can still relax from your hard day's work."

Same here. After 35 years of working, I finally get a little time off and "wham" I and you have "too much time on our hands". Well, I hope these young fellas live long enough to enjoy the fruits of their labor and possibly get some respect because of it. As are most of your comments, this one is right on and I hope to keep hearing from you on this or some other forum. I, sir, respect what YOU have done and hope you keep doing it for many more years.

NoShowBeagles

Post by NoShowBeagles »

everyone posts on someones thread criticizing. just making converstation and very sorry if i offened anyone. but it goes back to an old saying. if you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all. sorry i even posted the thread
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

If you fellers got extra time, watch some movies like "Wallstreet", Money never Sleeps and "To Big to Fail".
The pain ain't bad enough yet to reimplement the post depression rules and the big players ain't in jail "yet".

Derivatives would have been a great thing to keep capitalism, if the game hadn't become rigged and everyone piled on so heavily. It became obvious and even ole George couldn't got out fast enough before the cookie crumbled.

The implementing of new rules and the changing of the laws set the plan in motion. When it's not illegal to do, who can be blamed fore doing it? That does not necessarily make it right or ethical. A lot of what you hear today blaming, "he did it too" or "it's not against the law" have become "red flags" to my ear in todays world.
I keep waiting for the President's "Change" and I know the tide was against him from the beginning, but these things would be a good place to start on while the fire was HOT.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Woopsss,
Seems some deleting has gone on since I started my last reply... :blush: