Somthing new for this rabbit season

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PrideHillKennel

Somthing new for this rabbit season

Post by PrideHillKennel »

Ok with rabbit season coming in couple of monthes lets see what new stuff people have that they will be using this year. New Dogs, New guns, New toys/tools,or other new gear.

Since it was my idea I will start.

We have two new young jips that we will be hunting over this year. They are littermates out of Junie that we got from Chris and Laura Wells as puppies this spring. Also hope to have a new pair of boots to abuse this season. Think I am going with a pair of IrishSetter Elk Trackers this time. Also plan on getting a pair of MULE brush pants to try. I have had Wick, Filson, Carhart, and Cabela's Brier Gaurd over the years. All have only made it a couple of sesons so we shall see how the MULEs do.

Who else has or is getting new stuff??
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

gun runner

Re: Somthing new for this rabbit season

Post by gun runner »

Got me a little male im april maravic/branko line i hope he trun out like his family.He has one tuff ombra,ali baba,blue moon,blue ninja.I also pick up a nice 410 /1100 cant wait to kill some rabbits with it
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Got the same ole potlickers, same gun, same ole truck and box but the most important thing I carry to the field will be a big ole smile and a lot of laughter, no telling what type criiter we might throw on the grill or drop in the grease. Tally-hooooooooooo

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Gonna have all the same ol' stuff.....I'm too cheap to pay what they want for the new Garmin Alpha and I'd also like to see the bugs worked out before I buy one ....I've already got everything else I need so it's going to be a pretty reasonable year to hunt for me. :dance:

BigStrutter

Post by BigStrutter »

Two new male pups, they're 15 months old right now and fall right in line a drive with the rest of them. That's all I got new for this season. I will hunt all season with my TC .410 pistol. Got it new right at the end of last season so I guess it's not technically new for this year.

Ned

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

by bluemouse » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Got the same ole potlickers, same gun, same ole truck and box but the most important thing I carry to the field will be a big ole smile and a lot of laughter
Happy as a pig in shhhh , well U all know.

Well working on a new lease for run'n rabbits , I mean cattle ;-) A 110 acre spot about 3 minutes from the house , loaded with game , saw a nice 8 pt. , rabbits under every weed ,turkey & pond full of bluegill , serious !! Been having real run'n all summer , fishing pole with a cricket and a cold drink Oh yea and a lawn chair , LET ' m roll !!!!!
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

NoShowBeagles

Post by NoShowBeagles »

bluemouse wrote:Got the same ole potlickers, same gun, same ole truck and box but the most important thing I carry to the field will be a big ole smile and a lot of laughter, no telling what type criiter we might throw on the grill or drop in the grease. Tally-hooooooooooo
i really like your thinking!!! Thats why we should be in the game!!! When the fun stops and execp for the few bumps in the road it becomes a hassle or job, its time to sell the hounds and buy golf clubs or a swimming pool lol :lol:
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

I've got new grips for my Contender, a Nice Mule Jacket and a new batch of rookies. I cannot wait!
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

I think I left out one more important item, I am always lookin for a kid to introduce to hounds and the outdoor experince or lookin for a older gent that does not have a place to go to let them live pass experinces. Sharing with others what the good LORD has blessed me with is what makes my season. Having plenty of rabbits behind locked gates and no other rabbit hunters is a blessing.

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

Well firswt and foremost I've got my driver's license back this year so me and the dogs dont have to rely on someone else wanting to go hunting.

Secondly I have a 14 month old Lane Line pup who will be joining the hunting party for the 1st time this fall.

And 3rdly, I bought a 410/45LC super comanchie from a buddy last winter so I will be trying it out on bunnies for the 1st time as well.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

I got a pup I am hoping really turns it on this season.. also have 3wk old pups to tend too...

BUT.. I have my eyes and heart set on a weatherby 22auto sa-08 too. Every time I have saved up enough to get it something breaks or I have to spend it... THe price just went up on it too but I need an auto loader for as much as I miss!! :lol:
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I always look forward to killing a few bunnies our bitches are trial ready and gun ready. Got 2 pups from a total outcross and my boys are 13 and 14, with new guns and lots of hope :lol: .... Me and bobby have some nices gunning places lined up and maybe a indiana hunt on private land. Kinda like to head north or south and try something new. Ya know i have run hare and its was exciting and hunted swampers and it was equally fun. Them little cottontails will give ya a bang for the buck the way they twist and turn. Might get lucky and spend a week with fulcount in New York.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Well, I got me a new wood splitter.
How does this relate to rabbit season?...well, I figure this splitter will lead to lots of brush piles...and these brush piles will lead to more bunnies...and these bunnies will lead to more chases...and these chases will lead to a more enjoyable season. :dance: (odd how some minds work, :lol: )

Some years ago, I met a fellow on the Island who had one of those 4-wheelers with a bed on it all rigged up for hunting (we were walking down the two-track to hounds split off on another hare,... he was riding,... very envious I was after a long day). Well for the last 4 years I'd been rat-holeing money for one of those and finally the day has came an went. It has been very useful so far with the drought, hauling water from the pond to the garden and... it has a hitch on the rear to pull the wood-splitter into the woods.
We have used it to carry calves to the barn, had a few sets of twins that were weak and had to be bottle fed the first week.
It seems to have a 1000 uses, but my wife seem to like the late evening rides through the country the best,... who know's might even get her to go along an run the pups. :bigsmile: